LaMOi's Avatar Senior Member

List of (reasonable) things/tweaks I want for Breakpoint !

Some things I would like to see added or tweaked or simply added back from Wildlands

It’s reasonable I think, not asking for anything major, really just more options to customise the experience to your own preference, especially for those desiring a more hardcore experience.

1) Option to turn off Health Regen

2) Option to tweak abundance of resources (bandages/syringes, ammo etc) found in the game world. To make exploring and scavenging worthwhile. And to put a greater emphasis on managing your resources!

3) stamina can be permanently capped until you find water etc.

4) Movement whilst Prone. To go back to how it was in Wildlands. The ability to crucially make minor positional adjustments (shuffling back, or left or right whilst facing same direction) was hugely useful!

I made a vid to show what I mean — https://youtu.be/__3vOQzjjrU

Breakpoint has you move your whole body! And if you only want to shuffle to your right a couple of inches to get a clearer line of sight, Breakpoint makes this needlessly clumsy and awkward.

5) bring back the HUD options from Wildlands. Being able to turn off the Mini Map, or enemy clouds etc.

6) Ability to carry 1 primary weapon or only 1 sidearm. So I guess the option to deselect or empty those slots in the menu.

7) Realistic reloads.

8) Ability to holster your weapons

9) Scuba gear? To stay under water for longer?
    But have this be an actual piece of gear that visible on your character.

10) I forgot Stamina Options — Stamina CANNOT be recovered unless you return to the Bivi or drink enough water or eat rations. And every drink or eaten rations only refills a portion of stamina
     6 people found this helpful

Bone_Frog's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by LaMOi Go to original post
    Some things I would like to see added or tweaked or simply added back from Wildlands

It’s reasonable I think, not asking for anything major, really just more options to customise the experience to your own preference, especially for those desiring a more hardcore experience.

1) Option to turn off Health Regen

2) Option to tweak abundance of resources (bandages/syringes, ammo etc) found in the game world. To make exploring and scavenging worthwhile. And to put a greater emphasis on managing your resources!

3) stamina can be permanently capped until you find water etc.

4) Movement whilst Prone. To go back to how it was in Wildlands. The ability to crucially make minor positional adjustments (shuffling back, or left or right whilst facing same direction) was hugely useful!

I made a vid to show what I mean — https://youtu.be/__3vOQzjjrU

Breakpoint has you move your whole body! And if you only want to shuffle to your right a couple of inches to get a clearer line of sight, Breakpoint makes this needlessly clumsy and awkward.

5) bring back the HUD options from Wildlands. Being able to turn off the Mini Map, or enemy clouds etc.

6) Ability to carry 1 primary weapon or only 1 sidearm. So I guess the option to deselect or empty those slots in the menu.

7) Realistic reloads.

8) Ability to holster your weapons

9) Scuba gear? To stay under water for longer?
    But have this be an actual piece of gear that visible on your character.
    Can you define what you think are realistic reloads? Without a magazine management system, I don't see it getting anymore realistic than what we have now.

If there’s bullets left in the mag when you ditch it you lose them. Like Sniper Elite or Ghost Mode in Wildlands.

Bone_Frog's Avatar Senior Member
    If there’s bullets left in the mag when you ditch it you lose them. Like Sniper Elite or Ghost Mode in Wildlands.
    Yeah, that's not realistic, that is stupid. Normal piece of kit is a drop bag, for that reason. I don't want to say never, because their may be a situation that requires it, but by and large ditching a partial mag and throwing away ammo, just isn't done. I would have preferred a magazine management system, where you cycle back through to partials, but lacking that, throwing away bullets, because you did a sound tactical reload is not realistic.
     1 people found this helpful

I get that — but in gaming it’s either that or have something even more unrealistic that even if you hit the reload button after firing just 5 rounds, it will not cost you and you reload the gun simply taking from the pool of bullets you have in total.

At least the ‘realistic’ Reload forces you to be a bit more mindful of ammo conservation...

Number 5 is already there. In fact there are more HUD options in GRB than there was in GRW. I love the new HUD options available and think the Dynamic setting is great.

TheNonLethal's Avatar Member
    Yeah HuD is now filled different options, which is great. What they could do is to add customisable presets to quickly turn on/off different HuD views.
     1 people found this helpful

I did not see an option to turn off mini map or enemy clouds...

I checked the the list quite thoroughly in the? Are you sure?

I did not see an option to turn off mini map or enemy clouds...

I checked the the list quite thoroughly in the? Are you sure?

Yep. Towards the bottom there was minimap options for all the below:

Options for minimap on/off/dynamic
    Detection clouds on/off
    Enemy indicators on/off
    Allies on/off
    Teammates on/off
    Items on/off
    Comm indicators on/off

Only issue I had was when I had detection clouds off it worked for enemy AI (as in people) but not for enemy drone turrets - cloud was still present for these only.

TheNonLethal's Avatar Member
    It's there Lamoi. I have a video showing all the options. I can send it later here.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last ►►