Game Update 5: Nadasky's Journal Bug in Story still not fixed

So, as far as I can see, there's quite a number of people who encountered the problem that they don't get the respective version of Nadasky's Journal in the Sunken Treasures story line. Apparently that's somehow related to the city progressing too fast, so the ingame triggers for the quests get screwed up.
    I hoped this gets fixed with Game Update 5, as the DLC is out for about a month now, but so far nothing. I'm still stuck in a game with 10k+ Investors, having built everything, annihilated all but 1 NPC and only missing the story line. But apparently I can just screw this save, as I can't progress in the story.
    I checked every single ship I own, every Kontor I have and every part of the damn map but the final version of the book (which I'm supposed to read) is nowhere to be found.

I loved this game so far, but bugs like this really ruin the whole experience. @Staff: Is this ever gonna be adressed?
     1 people found this helpful

"bugs like this really ruin the whole experience"

Anno 1800's motto.
     2 people found this helpful

Hotfix 5.1 didn't fix the problem.
    Just in case anyone was wondering or cares.... So... Save-game still broken. Campaign unplayable.

Well done Ubisoft.

Have to agree, how hard can it be to have a 'hotpatch' to a save game load that checks for active questing items missing, and if not spawn them. I've looked in all my ships and scanned the seas, no journal, but AFAIK I"m at the last stage of the quest. I had the journal until the game glitched *sigh*.

UbiCosmos's Avatar Community Representative
    Hey there,

Thanks for letting us know. I am going to move this to our Support forums, so our Support Team can investigate this issue further.

Hotfix 5.2 didn't fix the problem, too.
    Honestly, how hard can it be to run a ******* script that checks for specific milestones in a quest's progress (i.e. "found book", "has X inhabitants", "built university", etc.) and then provide the respected items in the harbour with the highest population, if they're not already available somewhere on the map?
    You can be damn sure that I won't buy any other dlc or whatsoever until this bug is fixed for good.

Ubi-Thorlof's Avatar Community Manager
    Hey FetterBruder,

any chance you could upload and send me your save file for further investigation?
    This will also help immensely with finding the cause of the bug.

Feel free to post the link here or send it to me via PM.
    Apologies for the inconveniences with your current game progress :/

Cheers,
    Ubi-Thorlof

Originally Posted by Ubi-Thorlof Go to original post
    Hey FetterBruder,

any chance you could upload and send me your save file for further investigation?
    This will also help immensely with finding the cause of the bug.

Feel free to post the link here or send it to me via PM.
    Apologies for the inconveniences with your current game progress :/

Cheers,
    Ubi-Thorlof
    I could also send you an savegame if needed. still stuck with a bug

Hi Ubi-Thorlof,
    I just sent you a PM with a download link to the respective savegame. Hope this helps you investigate this issue.

So... There's absolutely nothing notably happening in that regard. How hard can it be to keep people updated in regards of fixing bugs?

Page 1 of 6 123 ... Last ►►