Ubi-Redbeard's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    FetterBruder we have no further information or updates at present.

We are still looking into this issue.

If you haven't already, please upload your save data to a ticket on the support website

Before anyone affected by this bug gets their hopes up due to the release of GU 7: GU7 doesn't fix this. Obviously. It's only been 7 months (??) now that we can't play the main story...

FerudaFarstaria's Avatar Member
    Originally Posted by FetterBruder Go to original post
    Before anyone affected by this bug gets their hopes up due to the release of GU 7: GU7 doesn't fix this. Obviously. It's only been 7 months (??) now that we can't play the main story...
    Well that is very unfortunate. Luckily for me I am on the part of the quest before this bugged part. So I am going to hold off on the main story for Cape Trelawney for now until this gets fixed.
    Very unfortunate that this still has gone unfixed after all this time.

Best,
    Feruda

I think (!!) that you can carry on with the quest, but you should make sure that you don't extend your city on Trelawny (meaning progressing with level of citizens) prior to the quest requesting you to build certain building. I.e. don't build the a university before the quest tells you to do so. I still have a feeling, that the city progressing too fast (in the sense that it's faster than the quest intends it to) somehow messes up the triggers for receiving the various quest items.
     1 people found this helpful

I think (!!) that you can carry on with the quest, but you should make sure that you don't extend your city on Trelawny (meaning progressing with level of citizens) prior to the quest requesting you to build certain building. I.e. don't build the a university before the quest tells you to do so. I still have a feeling, that the city progressing too fast (in the sense that it's faster than the quest intends it to) somehow messes up the triggers for receiving the various quest items.
    I have progressed quite far with the city. I have a lot of engineers now on it and planning to advance to investors later. But first want to build the second wing of Engineers so that I have what I need to start building up to Investors. I have already built a University. Though thanks for telling me that now. I will be sure to demolish that as soon as I can. Perhaps you can tell me what else I need to be aware of. So that I do not trigger the bug. As I said I am at the part before that. Where I need to use the echo locator to find the quest dive spots. I have the journal and the scepter rod. I have at least 100 engineer houses. After I build my second wing I should have over 200 houses. I'm going for a mega city. Planning for 10,000 investors to be able to run all the levels of the Exhibitions. You might want to tell me what I need to look out for please. As I really don't want to trigger the bug. That will break the game for me then. And starting all over again is not an option for me. Not with how far I have progressed already. I do not have investors yet. Though I am going to hold off on that thanks to your warning.

Please do share with me what I need to be aware of. This bug really sounds problematic. Sensitive if you ask me to your city progression. Any assistance would be much appreciated. Thank you.

Best,
    Feruda

Sadly, I can't be sure myself what to be aware of. It appears that neither can the developers, as they seem to be struggling with reproducing this bug.
    However, from what I've read in this thread and on reddit regarding issues with this story line, problems may occur if you build the respective building prior to the quest telling you to do so. In my case, the quest got stuck when I should read the completely translated logbook. However, I never received the "final" version of the logbook, thus being unable to read it, thus being unable to progress in the quest.
    Other people, however, experience different issues with this questline.

Note that this is all my personal understanding of the issue with no access to source-code or anything in that regard. Just a programmer's thoughts on a game-destoying bug.

Sadly, I can't be sure myself what to be aware of. It appears that neither can the developers, as they seem to be struggling with reproducing this bug.
    However, from what I've read in this thread and on reddit regarding issues with this story line, problems may occur if you build the respective building prior to the quest telling you to do so. In my case, the quest got stuck when I should read the completely translated logbook. However, I never received the "final" version of the logbook, thus being unable to read it, thus being unable to progress in the quest.
    Other people, however, experience different issues with this questline.

Note that this is all my personal understanding of the issue with no access to source-code or anything in that regard. Just a programmer's thoughts on a game-destoying bug.
    Well this definitely sounds like a more serious problem than I have thought. That's unfortunate that the developers still can't figure it out. Right now I am waiting on a patch to fix the current issues Game Update 7 has created. Then I will be sure to demolish that University. In addition since I am better prepared for this (being behind everyone else) I can take steps to reduce the chance of the bug happening. Although there is only so much that I can do. Then again there are players who have no issues at all with this. So maybe I will get lucky and not have this happen to me. But in case it does I'll have back up game saves to revert back to try again. To try to get the next part to trigger again. Either way thank you for providing what info you can. I really appreciate it and hope I'll be able to get this quest finished successfully.

Best,
    Feruda

Not fixed in GU 7.1
    Just to be up2date.

Same problem for me. I will send a savegame.

Reading this thread was really sad. I understand that the problem might not be reproducable right now, but it is a problem that has been occuring to quite a few people, there are many threads concerning this in the forum, on announion and reddit. Have you actually tried to build a university before the game prompts you to build it? Because I did that as well. Would it be possible for you to modify the saves? Or add a cheat-code for the journal? Because restarting the game all over really sucks.

Is there any way to edit a post?

I couldn't send the save file via the ubisoft support, but because of corona we can't send support tickets? Only live-chat is available, but it actually isn't available? Great. Would be really cool if there would be a big warning about this ABOVE the support-ticket, so I would not have to fill it all in only to get told that I can't send it...
    Anyways, I will send it as an pm to you. Thanks in advance.