🛈 Announcement
Greetings! Anno forums are now archived and accessible in read-only mode, please go to the new platform to discuss the game

game freezes after a few minutes

after a few minutes after loading the game, the game freezes for me and nothing can be done and I have nothing left but the game turned off through the processes in the task manager

Had the same issue today. Task Manager showed that Memory usage was at 98%. And the game used around 80% of it (~12GB).

I am having the same issues. Last time it froze I couldn't load any of the auto saves. Is there any way to roll back the update, Remove the last DLC so I can at least finish a game.

Oh Well. The game only start with a manual save, but then freezes and won't restart. I think I will have to start a NEW game AGAIN. Very annoying. Why does this happen after every DLC update??? I put of getting Docklands to finish my last game, but wasn.t quick enough this time to stop the update. If you turn Update off the game nags until you turn it on. No chance of a Rollback????

I have a similar issue. The game froze after 5 min, however i can still move the camera around just fine but nothing moves anymore. My 3x speed also doesnt work anymore for my biggest save, though it only has 82k pop which isnt really high.

Same here. Since today the game freeze after a few minutes....everytimes....

Itasil92's Avatar Member
    Too much memory usage, so the game starts to have problems.

i7 8700
    16GB RAM
    GTX 1060 6GB

Never had this problem before.

I have the same problem. Everything in the world freezes and cosmetic entities, such as city residents, disappear. The UI becomes unusable, but the camera can still be moved and rotated.

After waiting a little while, the game resumes normally, but the issue repeats a few minutes later. In an hour of play, the problem did not stop occurring, roughly every few minutes.

Game is not playable with this problem.

Just started a new game yesterday and it had no problems for 1-2 hours. Then I got the Save Game freeze again which lasts for 1-2 minutes. After that the game unfreezes again.

I am having the exact same issue. Played for an hour or two and it worked perfectly fine. Then it froze, stayed completely frozen for about 2 minutes and resumed. At that point, the autosave completed, the it lost connection with the Ubisoft network for about 5 minutes and regained it, and it worked for another 15 minutes before freezing hard again and never unfreezing. It suddenly uses 98% of memory, when it uses around 50-70% normally. Music plays normally but nothing works at all, and going to the desktop pops right back into the game so the task manager can't be used to unfreeze it. I've been playing this since the beginning without much issue. Now it's acting like Anno 1404 with its memory leak (pre-History Edition).

Dell Inspiron 5567, 16 GB Ram, Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7500U CPU @ 2.70GHz 2.90 GHz, Intel HD Graphics 620 (****ty integrated graphics card but it has worked to play many games)