🛈 Announcement
Greetings! Anno forums are now archived and accessible in read-only mode, please go to the new platform to discuss the game

Game freezes and lags since last update.

Hello

Hadn't played Anno for a few weeks but wanted to play yesterday(10/2). The game downloaded an update and nothing weird there. But when i started the game it keept freezing and lagging no matter what i did. Klicked on a ship, on a building, changed to another area. It would run smothly for maybe 20 seconds and then freeze again for about 7-8 seconds. Ive tried updating my graphics card(Nvidia Ge-Force), both newest version and and old version(457.51).

I have read the thread regarding the game freezez with some newer graphic versions. That doesent apply to my problem. I didnt do anything to my computer or graphics card before downloading the recent game update. Before the recent game update the game worked fine so its not my computer, it all started with the newest game update.

I cant be the only person having this issue!? Please advice.
     20 people found this helpful

Me Too.i look at task manager Anno use 100% memory.plese fix it.
     2 people found this helpful

After the update the game starts to become not playable anymore. The lag is really unbearable. I just shut down the game after I needed to wait a 10 to 20 seconds for each handling with the mouse. Switching sessions became a disaster (you need to watch a blue screen before changing.)
    I already tried to change from directx 12 to 11, but it didn't work. Most of the times it solves the problems.
    It looks like the same problem after the Land of Lions update.
    It is really frustrating when I read in the release notes of GU9.3 in the bug fixes this 'Fixed an issue with reduced performance...'
    It rather destroyed the performance.
     1 people found this helpful

Omg the same thing is happening to me. In the spanish forum they just say: send a ticket, but i cant even connect to the servers. Hahaha i cry. I have been playing the last weeks a lot without any problems. Now the game freezes for 30 sec or more ..... Atleast i can use the rewards from ubisoft club now ¬¬

Try setting Viewing Distance to Low.
    It helps with the lag. Seems that there is a bug with rendering unnecessary / invisible details.

Same problem here. DX11,32 GB RAM, RTX 3080.

The game was running perfectly 2 days ago...

Ubi-Thorlof's Avatar Anno Community Developer
    Hey all, the team is currently investigating this issue.

Could you please let us know if the issue only appears when you're actively doing something (e.g. clicking) or even if the game is just running on its own without you doing anything? Thank you!
     3 people found this helpful

That's "normal", the game will use up to approximately 24GB's according to people who have 32GB's of RAM. On my system with 16GB's of RAM, this game uses all available RAM the instant it finishes loading my Save Data.

Originally Posted by Ubi-Thorlof Go to original post
    Hey all, the team is currently investigating this issue.

Could you please let us know if the issue only appears when you're actively doing something (e.g. clicking) or even if the game is just running on its own without you doing anything? Thank you!
    Hey there, I currently have this problem in a multiplayer session with a friend, there's also Bente and Gasparov in the game with us.

I am the one hosting and it basically happens every time my friend is clicking on a building or on the mini-map to get the camera elsewhere. It's not a one time thing either, the same building can make the game freeze if it gets clicked again later.
    As the host, it also happens that creating/upgrading buildings at once makes the game freeze for multiple seconds. The more buildings are created/upgraded, the bigger the chance for a freeze.

Usually after 15-20min the game freezes to the point one of us gets "disconnected, the game is offline" which kicks the other from the session.

Same issue

I am having the same problems with the freezing and lagging, mine doesn't just do it when clicking buildings though. When I pan the game gets stuck and pans across half the map before I regain any control. As it is right now the game is barely playable. I had no issues with the game before the February 9th update.
     4 people found this helpful

Page 1 of 11 123 ... Last ►►