Totally agreed. All you really need to do to pope is add 1-2 seconds on to his warcry. Getting your pope sniped is a huge hit to a game, so making it a bit easier would be big. All of a sudden transmogrify and fireball would be reliable counters.

Originally Posted by camelchasers Go to original post
    This is sadly another case of breaking cards rather than balancing them. You had me with a slight reduction in power to dougies, but taking powerfist from 4 --> 5 would destroy him. Likewise taking down Incan's beam damage AND raising his cost would also totally wreck the card. That's not blancing, that's throwing them into the trash.

Your pope suggestion is interesting, but I sadly doubt they would be able to program it correctly. He's buggy enough as it is, and this would only make the card's mechanics more complicated. Why not an HP reduction for units brought back to life?

For callgirl, I can only agree. But hey, careful what you wish for or else she'll be the next Incan people are complaining about
    I talked in this way about Powefist because he is the only Dougie that can defend himself with no combo. Think: You use Dwarf Engineer Dougie + Paladin Butters or Barrell+ Kyle of drow elves, a high cost combo. Powerfist doesn't need any combo, you can just put him on the field and he is unstoppable. When I faced Lildicky or other opponent who has level 6 or level 7 Powerfist it's insane that I must use unholy combustion or transmogrify to stop him because with only 4 cost it's a sure point. So I think powerfist must cost 5 instead of 4.
     1 people found this helpful

Ab2390's Avatar Junior Member
    I have no issue fighting off dougie. Build your deck to combat all cards and quit *****ing

Ab2390's Avatar Junior Member
    Dougie is a trash card anyway. Make him stronger if anything

Dougies are already so fragile and a huge risk. If u counter them you are up in energy and probably win the game. Lvl 6 dougies are beasts BECAUSE they are lvl 6. Most rares are beasts at lvl 6. If you fail to kill a lvl 6 dougie with a lvl 4 epic then thatís working as intended. Lvl 6 dougies should only be countered by lvl 5 epics because that would be the equivalent lvl. Dougies are fine, except powerfist. They should either move slower or only freeze 1 random target. This might give gnomes/rats/pigeons more usability.

Pope should have its battlecry 0.5sec longer to account for latency and lag. Sometimes I fireball him as soon as his shadow appears and still donít get the kill.
     2 people found this helpful

Originally Posted by Bagelrino Go to original post
    Dougies are already so fragile and a huge risk. If u counter them you are up in energy and probably win the game.
    Oh really? Im very curious to hear which counters you are suggesting that will leave you up in energy against cost 4 level 6 Dougies

As for level 6 rare vs level 5 epic, there is a HUGE difference since you can request 9 rare cards per day. Where-as to get an epic up to level 5 you need lots of luck and grinding, since it requires 100 copies of the card in question. Its a huge roadblock going from level 4 to 5 without paying or being way lucky.

I have a bunch of level 6 rares (and even one level 7) but still zero level 5 epics...

Originally Posted by nik_lin Go to original post
    Oh really? Im very curious to hear which counters you are suggesting that will leave you up in energy against cost 4 level 6 Dougies

As for level 6 rare vs level 5 epic, there is a HUGE difference since you can request 9 rare cards per day. Where-as to get an epic up to level 5 you need lots of luck and grinding, since it requires 100 copies of the card in question. Its a huge roadblock going from level 4 to 5 without paying or being way lucky.

I have a bunch of level 6 rares (and even one level 7) but still zero level 5 epics...
    Unfortunately for the lower ranks, cards are balanced based on the higher tier players. Around the 6k ranks itís overrun by L6 rares. As u go up to 7k, itís the L5 epics that dominate. Past 7.5k and itís all L5-6 legends. You wonít see much dougie action the higher u go cos they donít win games. Once your NK is lvl 24-25 it takes 3 hits to take a block. Plenty of time to counter.

1-2 cheap assassins or a towelie combo can kill a dougie after he takes half a block and youíre on the board with 2 full hp guys and he has nothing. Isnít this being ahead?

I never use dougies and I love how they are right now. They are strong enough that people actually use the card but only players with low skill have them in their deck.

Dougie players will launch a dougie, blowing out my bar and giving me a 4-energy advantage. I don't need 4 extra energy to take a bar from an opponent, so I will easily take a bar back and be in position to win on the tie-break. If they dougie again, I give them another bar and then get another 4-energy bonus. End result? I win, and everybody gets more bars! Who wants to spend 30-minutes collecting their PVP pack 5 times a day anyway?

God bless, Dougies. They speed up the daily grind like no other.

To add to the Powerfist discussion, that guy definitely seems stronger than the other 3. I seem to run into issues with him over the others more often so some sort of nerf seems to be in order if they wanted to balance all 4. As it stands now though, I'm happy to trade a bar for a 4-energy advantage and will do that trade any day.

oh and while on balance changes, please buff gizmo ike, sci-fi event at the weeked case in point really.

someone plays gizmo 5

i play robo 6 on the same line

robo 6 wins...

Originally Posted by ScottOld Go to original post
    oh and while on balance changes, please buff gizmo ike, sci-fi event at the weeked case in point really.

someone plays gizmo 5

i play robo 6 on the same line

robo 6 wins...
    I had no complaints whatsoever about the sci-fi themed weekend event! Sci-fi is one of my weakest themes, and yet that event deck took me to over 6700!!! I've never gotten that high before, yet the sci-fi deck took me there! Now I'm guaranteed to stay in legendary the rest of the season, regardless of how badly I lose in future events!!