1. #131
    YodaMan 3D's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    6,259
    Originally Posted by DarkKnight27us Go to original post
    Well let's start with the fact that raid and DZ are very different environments. In one, players work together to accomplish a goal, in the other players try to screw each other over and make sure someone else doesn't get loot or have fun. One of these things is not like the other.

    Then, there's the fact that the Eagle Bearer is not a guaranteed drop, so you're probably going to have to run the raid multiple times over many weeks to get it. Even more if you have more than one character and want an Eagle Bearer for each.

    Oh and there's the other exclusive gear that drops from the raid, people will want to grind for that so they'll keep playing to get those pieces.

    So as you can see there are plenty of reasons why people will keep playing the raid, even after they get an Eagle Bearer.

    But with the DZ, if you're not running the one meta build that melts all and you're not going in with the sole intent to PvP you're way through the zone your chances of getting anything are close to zero. It's not fun to get a good drop like an exotic only to have some ******* kill you and steal it and extract it themselves.

    Most people don't like the toxic DZ, and if loot got locked behind the DZ, like it was in the first game, people will stop playing, just like the first game.
    You want FACTs? TD DZ, you have Wolves and you have Sheep. The design of the DZ is for Sheep to farm and Wolves to take that loot away. Toxic? That really depends on the players. Seeing how you hang on the FACT that you are a Sheep, that means some poor Griefer in the DZ is just waiting for you to bring him his hard earned loot. You want either step up or learn how to sneak around so he can't catch you. FACT is that is the way that TD is designed. The DZ in TD2 follows that same rule, thing is you don't have to go into either and still enjoy the game. Just don't cry about not having locked loot that you can't get, when you support the whole locked loot idea to begin with.
    Share this post

  2. #132
    DarkKnight27us's Avatar Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Rooftops and Alleyways of Gotham City
    Posts
    2,387
    Originally Posted by InfamousClub Go to original post
    No I read everything you write, I also pick up on the narrative. (I also think you should change your name to agent smith) For instance you don’t know anything about Luna’s howl, but read one article from Forbes and all the sudden no that’s different, that’s ok. You’re an authority on the difficulty levels of obtaining said gun in a game you don’t play? You’re aware of all the boosting and lag switching that players complained about on those forums for months? Which is players blatantly trolling and keeping other players from obtaining said weapon.

    The DZ is toxic because you say it is? I don’t think it’s toxic at all, I think it’s exactly as intended. I’m going to tell you like you told so many others. You want something out of the DZ, get on discord, find a group and do it. You have every opportunity to obtain anything the DZ has to offer. No one is keeping you from it but yourself. If you can’t do that, what it has to offer isn’t for you.
    The quest itself isn't really any different than other quests that Destiny 1 & 2 have used in the past, so yes, I'm very familiar with that mechanic. Boosting and lag switching are forms of cheating. Those players are not targeting specific players to deny them the ability to complete the quest because they have no idea who's working on the quest and who isn't. So while it's toxic, it's not trolling.

    Which brings us to another reason why no exclusives should be put in the DZ. There are players out there that will cheat so they have an even easier time killing other PCs to make sure they don't have fun, so locking any kind of gear to an area that's already toxic, well, it would just encourage some of those toxic players to crank it up a notch and find ways to cheat that would make the zones even more toxic than they already are.

    The DZ is toxic because it's toxic. Finding a random group on Discord will not work in the DZ because I've had people either drag the whole group into rogue status and get us killed or they drop from the group and kill everyone else because they're just there to be toxic little ****s. And literally, every rogue player is doing their best to make sure people don't have fun in the DZ and try to ruin other players day.
    Share this post

  3. #133
    Originally Posted by DarkKnight27us Go to original post
    The quest itself isn't really any different than other quests that Destiny 1 & 2 have used in the past, so yes, I'm very familiar with that mechanic. Boosting and lag switching are forms of cheating. Those players are not targeting specific players to deny them the ability to complete the quest because they have no idea who's working on the quest and who isn't. So while it's toxic, it's not trolling.

    Which brings us to another reason why no exclusives should be put in the DZ. There are players out there that will cheat so they have an even easier time killing other PCs to make sure they don't have fun, so locking any kind of gear to an area that's already toxic, well, it would just encourage some of those toxic players to crank it up a notch and find ways to cheat that would make the zones even more toxic than they already are.

    The DZ is toxic because it's toxic. Finding a random group on Discord will not work in the DZ because I've had people either drag the whole group into rogue status and get us killed or they drop from the group and kill everyone else because they're just there to be toxic little ****s. And literally, every rogue player is doing their best to make sure people don't have fun in the DZ and try to ruin other players day.
    Yeah Yeah I know Agent Smith, me me me...



    Me too.
     1 people found this helpful
    Share this post

  4. #134
    SinisterSchism's Avatar Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    249
    Originally Posted by InfamousClub Go to original post
    Yeah Yeah I know Agent Smith, me me me...



    Me too.
    playing chess with pigeons... still a great idea from the OP. Give the PvPvE DZs an item that is just as valuable as the EB.
    Share this post

  5. #135
    Originally Posted by SinisterSchism Go to original post
    playing chess with pigeons... still a great idea from the OP. Give the PvPvE DZs an item that is just as valuable as the EB.
    Make the exotic unusable/unobtainable when agent is in Rogue status, and that idea becomes interesting...
    Share this post

  6. #136
    This is just a general statement of frustration and not aimed at anyone specifically, but come one guys get over yourselves, who cares if you quit or hate PVP. They can have rewards too and it is no worry of yours.... especially if you are not even PLAYING AGAINST THEM IN PVP. So what does it matter?

    I love the fact that when you make PVE exclusive loot 99% of PVP players are like ok lets get it. Then you have the PVP exclusive loot and OMG! I just want to say PVP players may be some awful toxic people at times, but at least they are not the 99% of PVE only players. Some of you are just...... doesn't matter, the game is in the toilet anyway because the developers thought it was a good idea to make the game more "friendly" because the DZ was a mean place with bad men.

    If they want the game healthy they need to offer exclusive loot in the DZ, or general PVP too, it is just the truth. Like it or not PVP has just as much of a right as PVE to earn loot. Want to leave the game, do it. I have not played for a while because of what the franchise has become. Does not mean I need to make it into a theatrical production. You are the one who bought an online game, not expecting it to have things like that is silly.
    Share this post

  7. #137
    SinisterSchism's Avatar Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    249
    Originally Posted by MutantCowboy x Go to original post

    I love the fact that when you make PVE exclusive loot 99% of PVP players are like ok lets get it. Then you have the PVP exclusive loot and OMG! I just want to say PVP players may be some awful toxic people at times, but at least they are not the 99% of PVE only players. Some of you are just...... doesn't matter, the game is in the toilet anyway because the developers thought it was a good idea to make the game more "friendly" because the DZ was a mean place with bad men.

    If they want the game healthy they need to offer exclusive loot in the DZ, or general PVP too, it is just the truth. Like it or not PVP has just as much of a right as PVE to earn loot. Want to leave the game, do it. I have not played for a while because of what the franchise has become. Does not mean I need to make it into a theatrical production. You are the one who bought an online game, not expecting it to have things like that is silly.
    So yet another player with rational points for an exclusive gear in the DZ. Any comparison to another game seems, well like a scape goat. Because if those games were so much better, why are playing this one, and on the forums? The PvPvE players might be smaller in numbers but we have just as much of right to powerful gear in the format we enjoy as you.
     1 people found this helpful
    Share this post

  8. #138
    SinisterSchism's Avatar Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    249
    Originally Posted by Shalom_Shaman Go to original post
    Make the exotic unusable/unobtainable when agent is in Rogue status, and that idea becomes interesting...
    What relevance does that have to OPs point of discussion? Please bring your points in a rational manner and stay on the topic. If you disagree, bring forth points against. Not just emotional banter meant to detract from the thread.
    The EB was brought up as point that other content has better exclusive gear. The DZ needs something comparable to it, only available in the DZ. Regardless of your preferred game mode you can have a say, that's what the forums are for.
    Share this post

  9. #139
    Originally Posted by SinisterSchism Go to original post
    What relevance does that have to OPs point of discussion? Please bring your points in a rational manner and stay on the topic. If you disagree, bring forth points against. Not just emotional banter meant to detract from the thread.
    The EB was brought up as point that other content has better exclusive gear. The DZ needs something comparable to it, only available in the DZ. Regardless of your preferred game mode you can have a say, that's what the forums are for.
    Sure thing, wannabe UBI-Mod man. Related to other posts in this thread about PVP toxicity, the dirty little not-so-secret about PVP is that if a comparable EB-level exotic is locked behind the DZ in its current state, the environment still remains that it is easier for PVP-focused players to farm non-PVP players than actually trying to farm for the exotic themselves. PvE'ers already shun the DZ as it is, so if UBI truly wants to lock an exotic behind the DZ and increase the interest of PvE players in the content instead of just the small population of PVP-focused players, UBI will want to somehow mitigate the PvE player farming that contributes to said PvP toxicity. (/sarcasm on) Or perhaps Ubi secretly wants to cater to PvP griefers because that makes overall consumer interest in their game so much greater (/sarcasm off). Otherwise, PvPers should just hug their PvP exclusive Pestilence and piss off.
     2 people found this helpful
    Share this post

  10. #140
    Lock everything behind PvE, even the yearly passes.
    Share this post