1. #121
    Originally Posted by DarkKnight27us Go to original post
    I have no idea what "Luna's Howl" is or how you get it. It has been a while since I've played Destiny 2 though so I suppose it's possible that my information is out of date. If so, please provide specifics.
    I donít play it anymore either, but at one time it was Essentially the EB of Destiny 2 PvP. It was completely locked behind PvP. You asked for a PvE PvP game with stuff locked behind PvP and I gave you one. If youíd like to know more do your own homework.
     1 people found this helpful
    Share this post

  2. #122
    DarkKnight27us's Avatar Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Rooftops and Alleyways of Gotham City
    Posts
    2,387
    Originally Posted by YodaMan 3D Go to original post
    There's other ways to reward players without locking loot. Once you unlock a certain piece of loot why would you ever play that again. You have no reason, you have been rewarded. Now players don't do it for the reward, they do it for the challenge. It's not a fact, there is no set rules anywhere other then in your imagination. Ubi and Massive don't have to do what everyone else does. So when they lock loot in the DZ, which is the hardest content for you, then you really can't complain that you can't get it.

    They need to allow that items can be gotten anywhere with the Bosses like they did in TD. Allow the percent chance rely on RNG, harder content better chance. Easier content much lower chance.
    Again, please point out 1 raid, ANY raid, that doesn't have an exclusive reward to completing it. Oh, you can't? Well then I guess that these game companies have already thought of all the pros and cons and realized that if you complete the raid you deserve a reward.

    As to PvP... again, if it was done similar to Destiny where you just had to complete a certain number of Conflict matches using a certain specialization or weapon or whatever, then sure, that may work. But locking loot to the DZ where toxic players will go out of their way to deny you the ability to have fun... no, that's just not a good idea.
    Share this post

  3. #123
    Originally Posted by DarkKnight27us Go to original post
    Again, please point out 1 raid, ANY raid, that doesn't have an exclusive reward to completing it. Oh, you can't? Well then I guess that these game companies have already thought of all the pros and cons and realized that if you complete the raid you deserve a reward.

    As to PvP... again, if it was done similar to Destiny where you just had to complete a certain number of Conflict matches using a certain specialization or weapon or whatever, then sure, that may work. But locking loot to the DZ where toxic players will go out of their way to deny you the ability to have fun... no, that's just not a good idea.
    So itís gotta be the right kinda PvP for you? Thereís the Dark Knight I know, always moving the goal posts...
     3 people found this helpful
    Share this post

  4. #124
    SinisterSchism's Avatar Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    279
    Originally Posted by InfamousClub Go to original post
    So itís gotta be the right kinda PvP for you? Thereís the Dark Knight I know, always moving the goal posts...
    Lol I still completely agree with OPs request there needs to some more incentive of gear beside the current LMG in the DZ. The forum is for D2, and the thread is susposed to be about that, not insights about how other games do it. The LZ PvE has a highly sought after gear peice that is the EB. So let's either

    a. Make something comparable to EB in the PvPvE DZ

    b. Make everything available in all game types
    Share this post

  5. #125
    Originally Posted by SinisterSchism Go to original post
    Lol I still completely agree with OPs request there needs to some more incentive of gear beside the current LMG in the DZ. The forum is for D2, and the thread is susposed to be about that, not insights about PvP. PvE has a highly sought after gear peice that is the EB. So let's either

    a. Make something comparable to EB in DZ

    b. Make everything available in all game types
    Hereís the thing Sin, I completely agree with you, matter a fact Iíd be fine with every exotic being available in all activities. However, saying itís ok to lock something behind one style of game play but not another is in fact hypocritical. Do it or donít, but you donít get to pick and choose...
     1 people found this helpful
    Share this post

  6. #126
    YodaMan 3D's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    6,334
    Originally Posted by DarkKnight27us Go to original post
    Again, please point out 1 raid, ANY raid, that doesn't have an exclusive reward to completing it. Oh, you can't? Well then I guess that these game companies have already thought of all the pros and cons and realized that if you complete the raid you deserve a reward.

    As to PvP... again, if it was done similar to Destiny where you just had to complete a certain number of Conflict matches using a certain specialization or weapon or whatever, then sure, that may work. But locking loot to the DZ where toxic players will go out of their way to deny you the ability to have fun... no, that's just not a good idea.
    Again, where is this secret rulebook? The Devs have gotten things wrong before.

    I had warned that locking loot was a bad idea. There are many that have patted themselves on the back that Ubi/Massive locked the loot. Will if they lock more loot in the DZ like they did in TD, you have no argument to complain. You supported locking loot from the beginning. It shouldn't be one way and then the other just to appease you. It should be what is best for the entire playerbase. So you want Raid loot locked, then be more accepting to DZ loot locked.

    So if these companies have to reward you for playing the Raid, then what do when you get it? Quit playing. Just what every company wants to do. Make there players have no reason to replay their game. Shoot why play anything in TD2. Once you played it once and been rewarded. You have zero reason to play any part of it ever again.
     1 people found this helpful
    Share this post

  7. #127
    DarkKnight27us's Avatar Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Rooftops and Alleyways of Gotham City
    Posts
    2,387
    Originally Posted by InfamousClub Go to original post
    So itís gotta be the right kinda PvP for you? Thereís the Dark Knight I know, always moving the goal posts...
    Nope, if you've ever paid attention to what I've said I've always and consistently been against the toxic PvP of the DZ because it promotes and encourages a toxic style of play and caters to a toxic kind of PvP player.

    I've never said, or implied, or hinted at, being 100% against PvP and have even talked about some of the PvP games I have enjoyed.

    It's only in you're head that I've moved any goalposts because you're not reading what I'm writing, you're reading part of what I write and them make up the rest so it fits your narrative of what I'm saying.
    Share this post

  8. #128
    SinisterSchism's Avatar Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    279
    Originally Posted by YodaMan 3D Go to original post
    Again, where is this secret rulebook? The Devs have gotten things wrong before.

    I had warned that locking loot was a bad idea. There are many that have patted themselves on the back that Ubi/Massive locked the loot. Will if they lock more loot in the DZ like they did in TD, you have no argument to complain. You supported locking loot from the beginning. It shouldn't be one way and then the other just to appease you. It should be what is best for the entire playerbase. So you want Raid loot locked, then be more accepting to DZ loot locked.
    I completely agree. The OP has brought to light a valid issue. If your rebuttal is nothing should be locked behind the DZ and defend the EB being locked behind the raid.... really? How much of a double standard is that? Yoda I welcome, and share your view. If its good enough for one player base... There should be an item of "equal value" locked behind the PvPvE DZ.
     1 people found this helpful
    Share this post

  9. #129
    DarkKnight27us's Avatar Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Rooftops and Alleyways of Gotham City
    Posts
    2,387
    Originally Posted by YodaMan 3D Go to original post
    Again, where is this secret rulebook? The Devs have gotten things wrong before.

    I had warned that locking loot was a bad idea. There are many that have patted themselves on the back that Ubi/Massive locked the loot. Will if they lock more loot in the DZ like they did in TD, you have no argument to complain. You supported locking loot from the beginning. It shouldn't be one way and then the other just to appease you. It should be what is best for the entire playerbase. So you want Raid loot locked, then be more accepting to DZ loot locked.

    So if these companies have to reward you for playing the Raid, then what do when you get it? Quit playing. Just what every company wants to do. Make there players have no reason to replay their game. Shoot why play anything in TD2. Once you played it once and been rewarded. You have zero reason to play any part of it ever again.
    Well let's start with the fact that raid and DZ are very different environments. In one, players work together to accomplish a goal, in the other players try to screw each other over and make sure someone else doesn't get loot or have fun. One of these things is not like the other.

    Then, there's the fact that the Eagle Bearer is not a guaranteed drop, so you're probably going to have to run the raid multiple times over many weeks to get it. Even more if you have more than one character and want an Eagle Bearer for each.

    Oh and there's the other exclusive gear that drops from the raid, people will want to grind for that so they'll keep playing to get those pieces.

    So as you can see there are plenty of reasons why people will keep playing the raid, even after they get an Eagle Bearer.

    But with the DZ, if you're not running the one meta build that melts all and you're not going in with the sole intent to PvP you're way through the zone your chances of getting anything are close to zero. It's not fun to get a good drop like an exotic only to have some ******* kill you and steal it and extract it themselves.

    Most people don't like the toxic DZ, and if loot got locked behind the DZ, like it was in the first game, people will stop playing, just like the first game.
    Share this post

  10. #130
    Originally Posted by DarkKnight27us Go to original post
    Nope, if you've ever paid attention to what I've said I've always and consistently been against the toxic PvP of the DZ because it promotes and encourages a toxic style of play and caters to a toxic kind of PvP player.

    I've never said, or implied, or hinted at, being 100% against PvP and have even talked about some of the PvP games I have enjoyed.

    It's only in you're head that I've moved any goalposts because you're not reading what I'm writing, you're reading part of what I write and them make up the rest so it fits your narrative of what I'm saying.
    No I read everything you write, I also pick up on the narrative. (I also think you should change your name to agent smith) For instance you donít know anything about Lunaís howl, but read one article from Forbes and all the sudden no thatís different, thatís ok. Youíre an authority on the difficulty levels of obtaining said gun in a game you donít play? Youíre aware of all the boosting and lag switching that players complained about on those forums for months? Which is players blatantly trolling and keeping other players from obtaining said weapon.

    The DZ is toxic because you say it is? I donít think itís toxic at all, I think itís exactly as intended. Iím going to tell you like you told so many others. You want something out of the DZ, get on discord, find a group and do it. You have every opportunity to obtain anything the DZ has to offer. No one is keeping you from it but yourself. If you canít do that, what it has to offer isnít for you.
     2 people found this helpful
    Share this post