1. #111
    Originally Posted by DarkKnight27us Go to original post
    Sure... it's called the fact that every other game has done it that way because they know everyone but you wants a reward for completing a raid.
    Fair enough, other games have rewards locked behind PvP. Looks like we’re all in agreement here.
     1 people found this helpful
    Share this post

  2. #112
    DarkKnight27us's Avatar Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Rooftops and Alleyways of Gotham City
    Posts
    2,387
    Originally Posted by InfamousClub Go to original post
    Pretty sure destiny 2 definitely did that too...
    Actually they didn't... at least not the way that The Division does it. You might need to complete a quest that requires you to participate in PvP activities but it's not like the people on the other team are out to deny you the ability to complete your quest. That's the biggest difference. In The Division 2, people are actively out to deny you the ability to have fun. In Destiny 2, it's competitive for sure, but you can have really good games and a lot of fun whether you win or lose because people, while out to win, are not looking to steal your loot or deny you the ability to enjoy the game.
    Share this post

  3. #113
    DarkKnight27us's Avatar Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Rooftops and Alleyways of Gotham City
    Posts
    2,387
    Originally Posted by InfamousClub Go to original post
    Fair enough, other games have rewards locked behind PvP. Looks like we’re all in agreement here.
    Are we though? You still haven't named PvE games that have gear locked behind PvP activities. Even in The Division 1 they eventually walked away from that.
    Share this post

  4. #114
    Originally Posted by DarkKnight27us Go to original post
    Actually they didn't... at least not the way that The Division does it. You might need to complete a quest that requires you to participate in PvP activities but it's not like the people on the other team are out to deny you the ability to complete your quest. That's the biggest difference. In The Division 2, people are actively out to deny you the ability to have fun. In Destiny 2, it's competitive for sure, but you can have really good games and a lot of fun whether you win or lose because people, while out to win, are not looking to steal your loot or deny you the ability to enjoy the game.
    Nobody’s actively trying to stop you from getting Luna’s Howl? I disagree.
     1 people found this helpful
    Share this post

  5. #115
    Originally Posted by DarkKnight27us Go to original post
    Are we though? You still haven't named PvE games that have gear locked behind PvP activities. Even in The Division 1 they eventually walked away from that.
    Destiny 2
    Share this post

  6. #116
    DarkKnight27us's Avatar Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Rooftops and Alleyways of Gotham City
    Posts
    2,387
    Originally Posted by InfamousClub Go to original post
    Nobody’s actively trying to stop you from getting Luna’s Howl? I disagree.
    I have no idea what "Luna's Howl" is or how you get it. It has been a while since I've played Destiny 2 though so I suppose it's possible that my information is out of date. If so, please provide specifics.
    Share this post

  7. #117
    YodaMan 3D's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    6,305
    Originally Posted by DarkKnight27us Go to original post
    Sure... it's called the fact that every other game has done it that way because they know everyone but you wants a reward for completing a raid.
    There's other ways to reward players without locking loot. Once you unlock a certain piece of loot why would you ever play that again. You have no reason, you have been rewarded. Now players don't do it for the reward, they do it for the challenge. It's not a fact, there is no set rules anywhere other then in your imagination. Ubi and Massive don't have to do what everyone else does. So when they lock loot in the DZ, which is the hardest content for you, then you really can't complain that you can't get it.

    They need to allow that items can be gotten anywhere with the Bosses like they did in TD. Allow the percent chance rely on RNG, harder content better chance. Easier content much lower chance.
    Share this post

  8. #118
    DarkKnight27us's Avatar Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Rooftops and Alleyways of Gotham City
    Posts
    2,387
    Oh, nevermind, I found it.

    https://www.forbes.com/sites/paultas.../#714a76241c93

    So it looks like there's no way for someone to actually deny you the ability to get this gun. You just need to complete matches and get kills. The hardest part would be Step 6 since you can lose points as well as gain points, but it's still nothing even close to what the DZ is like.

    In the DZ you could get Pestilence to drop and literally get killed by some random who then extracts the Pestilence that dropped for you meaning you have to try to get it to drop again which, because of current RNG, you may not be able to get that gun again, and even if you do, you could still get killed and have your loot stolen before you can extract it.

    Literally you have people in the DZ out to make sure that you don't get to loot anything and by extension make sure you don't have any fun.

    If Pestilence, or other exotics, were put in Conflict, then it would be much closer to the Destiny model of PvP.
    Share this post

  9. #119
    Originally Posted by InfamousClub Go to original post
    Yeah I’m the other poster, and pointing out one subpar item in the DZ doesn’t negate this entire thread. If you don’t see hypocrisy, that speaks more to what side of the fence you fall on than my melodramatic reasoning.
    I'm mostly PvE, so if there's a side of the fence to fall on, I'd likely fall there. I don't have an EB because I'm unwilling to commit the time and I have the Pestilence only because I hang out with friends who enjoy creeping around the DZ every so often. From my viewpoint, however, I don't see anyone losing their minds over anything. It's just more of the same whining and weeping over this and that and OMG it's too hard or OP or cheetorz/haxxorz. Happens here in TD2 and happened with TD1. Melodrama.
     1 people found this helpful
    Share this post

  10. #120
    YodaMan 3D's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    6,305
    Originally Posted by DarkKnight27us Go to original post
    Oh, nevermind, I found it.

    https://www.forbes.com/sites/paultas.../#714a76241c93

    So it looks like there's no way for someone to actually deny you the ability to get this gun. You just need to complete matches and get kills. The hardest part would be Step 6 since you can lose points as well as gain points, but it's still nothing even close to what the DZ is like.

    In the DZ you could get Pestilence to drop and literally get killed by some random who then extracts the Pestilence that dropped for you meaning you have to try to get it to drop again which, because of current RNG, you may not be able to get that gun again, and even if you do, you could still get killed and have your loot stolen before you can extract it.

    Literally you have people in the DZ out to make sure that you don't get to loot anything and by extension make sure you don't have any fun.

    If Pestilence, or other exotics, were put in Conflict, then it would be much closer to the Destiny model of PvP.
    So are trying to tell us that Ubi and Massive was able to make their own rules and didn't have to follow a set of unwritten rules for PvP.
    Share this post