Wolf Attack, Drone Spotting

Surviving a wolf attack after being spotted by a drone is a bit on the difficult side for a normal setting. First, evading the drone with given techniques is hardly a sure thing. Second, the responding enemy forces pop up way too close. Ghosts should have a better chance of evading both, if defeating them outright is going to be so difficult.
     1 people found this helpful

I agree the wolves show up too quickly, they do seem to spawn right on you, very frustrating, they should have to fly in from some sort of distance.,Having said that, I didnt find it too difficult to defeat them on normal. Grenades are your friend and all headshots are fatal even if against higher level enemies. I did find the azrael drones a pain to evade even in prone camo and with stealth perks on. Fortunately they designed it so that when you are spotted by the azrael, if you move quickly from that area, although the wolves will hunt, they dont know your exact position until you shoot again. I would say its nice they give alot of warning when the azraels start spotting, but that doesnt help if you are already engaged and hiding from an enemy

On day 4 they showed up in a helo instead of just appearing. I like that better than the magic trick of just poofing into the fight. I survived many Wolf attacks, didn't find them that hard to kill if there was 1 or 2 places to get cover. Soloed them over a dozen times without dying. The drone always flies directly over your head. I had to lie prone in tall grass or plants to keep from being detected if i din't feel like messing with teh Wolves/Drones. When there wasn't the proper plants to hide in, had to fight it out. The drones were the hardest part about that encounter to me.

still think if you are prone camo you can't be spotted at all. sometimes you're in a field with no overhead cover... prone camo should be a saving grace. I thought the purpose of prone camo is to make yourself essentially invisible in a pinch, why is it not the case?

Had no problem against them in the game, When spotted I used to run far away from the red smoke, they usually appear 30 or 40 meters from it, usually from the direction the drone was coming, so was just a matter of running in the opposite direction, give a good 100 or 200 meters distance, lying on the floor and open fire on them, they usually walk on a close wedge formation so is really easy to pick them, specially if you have grenade launcher.

Ryo_Hazaki's Avatar Member
    South Carolina, land of Smiling Faces and Beautiful Places
    Originally Posted by ArgimonEd Go to original post
    Had no problem against them in the game, When spotted I used to run far away from the red smoke, they usually appear 30 or 40 meters from it, usually from the direction the drone was coming, so was just a matter of running in the opposite direction, give a good 100 or 200 meters distance, lying on the floor and open fire on them, they usually walk on a close wedge formation so is really easy to pick them, specially if you have grenade launcher.
    Nice tactic! If there is a "rebel" Homesteader faction in the full release, this could be a tactic to cause "Faction Warfare(s)." Again, this is just speculation...

Originally Posted by Ryo_Hazaki Go to original post
    Nice tactic! If there is a "rebel" Homesteader faction in the full release, this could be a tactic to cause "Faction Warfare(s)." Again, this is just speculation...
    Thanks, all the time I was playing inspired by the Red dawn movie, love some guerrilla tactics and warfare.
    I usually used to let the Azrael spot me, and would ambush the Wolves, they usually rush at my pos in the same exact path you take, so I used to lay some mines in the way, most of the time engaging them, didn't even received a single shot.

Ryo_Hazaki's Avatar Member
    South Carolina, land of Smiling Faces and Beautiful Places
    Originally Posted by ArgimonEd Go to original post
    Thanks, all the time I was playing inspired by the Red dawn movie, love some guerrilla tactics and warfare.
    I usually used to let the Azrael spot me, and would ambush the Wolves, they usually rush at my pos in the same exact path you take, so I used to lay some mines in the way, most of the time engaging them, didn't even received a single shot.
    Excelsior! Love using diversion lures, coupled with proximity and regular mines. I'm looking forward to defanging the Wolves in an explosive manner! Its going to be a blast!

all very good options you guys have posted, If I dodn't want to fight the Wolves or was in a place with no cover, i would just pull out the Tac-50 and shoot the drone down, then grab the loot from the shot down drone, only takes 1 or 2 shots to shoot it down.

It was the small drones that spawn with the Wolves that i had the problem with.

https://ibb.co/LrSrt3Q

This is me with my downed prey.
    It's f****g huge! Seriously, look at that!