Originally Posted by katukinabarra Go to original post
    I have seen all space shipwrecks are to be done, but the counter says 11/11 as if all of them were already done.
    For some reason, that's telling you the number that you have found. Until you buy the Deep Radar upgrade to the Equinox, you only find them by stumbling across them or occasionally by hacking into sensor arrays. With Deep Radar, you immediately get the locations of all 11.

Where should I send a ticket to ubisoft to report these bugs officially?
    Supposedly at https://support.ubi.com/Cases/New but after I log it I can't get the support page to load when using Firefox. I finally got it to go (albeit a bit slowly) using Edge. I used it once, and got back a canned first-level response (you know: be sure you're on the latest version of everything, reboot, redownload, let us know if that didn't solve the problem). In that particular case, the redownload fixed my issue.

Thanks for the info

I wrote two messages to Ubi support.

I finished the Bounty Hunter campaign.
    [Other campaigns already cleared]
    I cleared all main space wreckages
    I cleared all outlaw space bases
    I caught all normal wanted outlaws.
    I finished the "sort-of-enciclopedia"

I have enjoyed this last part of the game.

I realised there were extra places to dechipher apart from the ones in The Cradle main campaign.

I cleared all dechipher sites in space.
    I dechiphered extra sites in two planets (2 in each one), I will continue with this by now.

But when I finish this, I may clean all dreagnoughts+primes and I may consider the game maxed to 100%...

Even if I have realised there are a ton of small space wreckages/cargo shuttles in space. These are invisible in the star map and you have to find the on your way through the space (usually marked with an arrow when you are at a 50 distance or even nearer).

I don't think I am going to max this last thing up as it feels like Zelda's kolog seeds or maybe worse.

Thank you very much for your help.

Yeah, it looks like there are somewhere over 100 of those Space Wreckages and Abandoned Cargo sites in space. That's based on watching the "percent complete" number when I approach them... at first it was about one for one, but later it lagged a bit behind. I wouldn't be surprised if there are one or two left when it hits 100%, but how would you know unless you can see a winking beacon light?

At the end of the game, where you are, I don't know if I'd personally bother with those space wrecks. Earlier in the game they're a ready source of Nova, but by the end of the game you probably don't need any more Nova.

If it were me, I'd already have started a new game. You can have three game saves at a time (go to the title screen from the Options page, or clase and restart the game). I still have my original game save (completed pre-Crimson Moon), and I use the other two slots for new games. I've found it interesting to try all of the different pilots in the early phases, at least up to the point where you've gotten your first Nova from the Shaletown Observatory and are ready to take it back to the crashed Equinox. A few pilots, especially Shaid, share some additional details all the way up through the early dealings with the Arbor Refinery. I was surprised how much new background info I learned from playing Shaid in those early stages.

Another thing you might play around with is to use Fox for the initial space battle, then Kharl until you're encountered the Shaletown Observatory, switch to Rankor (if you have him) until you've made planetfall on Haven, switch to Eli until you've encountered the Arbor Refinery, switch to Fern (if you have her) until you've taken down your first Prime, then switch to Galla (if you have her). That forces the game to use alternate characters and dialog for the times that you were going to meet some of the future team (because they're already on your team). Most of the time the switching works well, but having Galla arrive at the Prime that's already down results in some very messed-up dialog.

Re-archiving the game

I have tried to archive and redownload the game again. Before doing this I had 5 ruins in Sonatus and Catalog Prison in Vylus as bug/glitches. After redownloading I have seen that I had to liberate 4 or 5 MORE ruins in Haven (the previous bugs still remain). It was funny because, I can conquer the city-like ruins by killing the enemies around them, but I can't conquer the sensor/array ruins even if I am able to decode its nodes (I decode, survive the hacking time, the hackeable node disappears but the ruin remains white on the map, I can come back and do it again for nothing.)

The information you share in the last paragraph is very interesting. I would never know the game had different lines of text for those situations.

I have mixed feelings about the game...

I like the flying mechanics and the space, exploring the planets and dogfighting were nice too. But the game could have been even better. The "selling politics" or " marketing system" (sorry, I don't know the exact Engljsh terms) could have been much better. I could talk a lot about the things I would propose in a different way but... Maybe it is not the correct place to do that.

And oh my, these bugs... I hope somebody fixes this stuff...

Originally Posted by katukinabarra Go to original post
    oh my, these bugs... I hope somebody fixes this stuff...
    My (ignorant) guess is that they won't. The thing is, those bugs apparently only affect a very few people who are still playing games that they started a long time ago. The bugs are in the saved data for your game, not in the software. Those bugs don't affect any games started recently, so they don't affect people who are buying the game now. Also, it seems like they only affect people who bought the physical starter kit with toys, and Ubisoft isn't selling that any more. There's simply no sales advantage to providing special code that will fix up your saved game.

For new game starts on the current Switch version, I haven't seen any bugs that prevent completion. I've reached completion on many, many game starts (I only occasionally play to completion). I'm continually annoyed by the bugs in the voice dialog, and by problems making out white text and white symbols against white backgrounds in the HUD, but those don't affect completion. And it's very probably just me, but I keep coming back for more anyway. I'm always thinking of new things to try, and it seems like I'm still learning something new with... well, maybe not every game any more, but every few games I play.

And I hate to admit it, but if Ubisoft sees their way clear to put out a new game in the Starlink series, I'll almost certainly be buying it. I hate to admit that because I know it'll be too expensive for my retirement income, but I'd find a way.

You may be right

The most probable thing is that my game will remain like this, I understand it. They see no economic benefit on me any more, even if I have paid 65€ (physical starter pack) + 35€ (digital deluxe collection 1) + 20€ (digital deluxe collection 2) + 12€ (StarFox DLC). It's a pity, but if they don't fix it, I will have to assume their behaviour and take my own measures.

I try to buy Nintendo exclusive games for my Switch, as my main game library is on PC. Starlink is somehow an exception because they didn't say it would eventually appear on PC and because of the exclusive Starfox content.
    As a person that normally plays on PC and is used to buy game bundles, this has been my biggest gaming investment of the year. There is no problem with that, the problem is with the bugs. Even more, if what some user have said is right and these bugs are due to the first download... It hurts be even more, as I can still remember I could have left the console downloading the day one patch so easily...

Some time ago, Ubi employees used to answer at least once to each thread we posted here, those times are gone. No answers have been received in the case of my support tickets. I was going to create another one for my third bug, but I think I've better assume they are not going to help us.

Anyway, it has been a pleasure to talk with you.

We can share the our Nintendo Switch games opinions if you want:

e-shop:
    Blaster Master Zero: Correct game
    Fast RMX: Correct game
    Kamiko: Special game, acceptable for its price
    Mighty Gunvolt Burst: OK game, Correct game (nowadays available on PC as well)

Physical games:
    Mario Kart 8 DX: Fantastic
    Splatoon 2: Fantastic
    ARMS: Very good (Good if it doesn't fit you and feels short)
    Pokken Tournament DX: Good (Very Good if it fits your style)
    Golf Story (Limited Run): Very Good-Fantastic

Physical games people lent me:
    Mario Rabbids: Very good-Fantastic
    Zelda BotW: Fantastic
    Mario Odyssey: Fantastic (but preferred Zelda)
    Sonic Forces: 5 or 6 out of 10
    Little Nightmares Complete Edition: Very good (Fantastic if you really enjoy it)
    Sine Mora EX: Good-Very Good (depending on your taste)

It is very unlikely to have another Starlink for some time, this game has been an economic failure. It hasn't got a year and there is no technical support for it. The starter packs of PS4 and XBOX O are priced 9'99€ nowadays. The switch version reached prices like 20€. The toys got cheap as well but the dlcs keep being stupidly expensive if they are not bought on sale.

They could have added other things, this is a small list of thinvs I woukd have thanked: a total remap of controls option (it made me buy an xbox elite controller to aim+accelerate+jump+shield {yes, I can use this controller on the Switch}, total gyroscopic aiming/piloting feature, possibility to descend (why can't my ship descend on space?), Option to make weapons shoot backwards without using the toys/navigate the menu, possibility to swap weapons on the go or at least more fluently...

Ubi-Woofer's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    katukinabarra - Hey there! Please accept my sincere apologies that your thread did not receive another official response until now. I am aware that this thread is quite old, however I saw that your issue with completing the missing ruins was not confirmed to be resolved at any time, and I was wondering if there was anything that I could suggest or recommend to try and make that happen, if it should still be ongoing.

I saw from your existing replies to the thread that you have already tried steps such as archiving and redownloading the game, as well as updating it fully and revisiting the locations. If you're still present on the forums and need assistance with these issues, can you let me know if you also ran through our full Nintendo Switch troubleshooting guide since the time of your last post? In case you started a second save game in the meantime as well, can you let me know if the issues you were experiencing occurred in both save games, or just your original save game from when the game first released?

Your suggestions / feature requests from your most recent post are much appreciated as well. I can fully appreciate that having additional gameplay options and controls can make a game more enjoyable, so please do let us know if you have had any additional thoughts about the game since your last post and would like to suggest anything else.

Finally, to offer some of my personal opinions on the Switch games you mentioned (the ones I've played at least!), as I'm a big fan of the console myself:

- Fast RMX: Was a fun racer to kickstart the Switch's launch. Had a lot of fun with it, but don't play it as much now due to...
    - Mario Kart 8 DX: ... this existing! I still play MK8D a lot with friends. I'm a menace with the blue shell, and a firm defender of my bike's rear with bananas or green shells...!
    - Splatoon 2: Salmon Run meant that I packed a LOT of hours into this game when it released, and it's still one of the most-played Switch games I have in my library as a result. I can't wait for #3!
    - ARMS: I never was very good at it, but I still couldn't bring myself to sell it. Its unique features make it a lot of fun with friends especially.
    - Pokken Tournament DX: Lucario and Charizard main over here! Really enjoyed it on the Wii U, and picked it up as soon as it released for the Switch as well.
    - Mario + Rabbids: Loved it!
    - TLoZ Breath of the Wild: My controversial opinion on this one is that I'm not the biggest fan of it! TLoZ hasn't ever been a franchise that I've invested much time in, so it didn't grip me as much as other games did. Still intend to finish it some day though!
    - Super Mario Odyssey: Collecting all of the moons is still a goal of mine but I'm not sure I'll ever manage it. It's a task as daunting as collecting all of BoTW's korok seeds. I'm not sure I have the patience! I love the game though. Still can't quite believe I got to play as a T-Rex for a brief time.

Auld_Jack - Thank you for having continued to assist other players here in the Starlink forums since our previous interactions! I hope that you are well, and have continued enjoying the game if you've still been adding to your 1500+ hours of invested time. Do let us know if you have any continuing issues that we can try to assist with to the best of our ability.