1. #1
    knighted.-'s Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    1,446

    Something is inherently wrong with the elo rollback system

    Few days ago I got docked 100 points of elo because of a cheater as the message says. I never solo queue and I play Siege with the same friends all the time. At the least we have a 4 stack going. But my friends only lost 10-30 points due to a cheater while I lost 100. How does this make any sense? I'm also only getting 20ish elo every win same as my friends, so how can there be such a huge disparity?

    I think if Ubisoft looks at my games in particular and sees who I was with in my squad and who we matchmaked, they'll see that there is no way I would have such a huge disparity in points lost.

    Today, I got a message for losing 60 elo due to a cheater. Last night we played like 4 matches and lost 3 and won 1. The one we won (5 stacked), we clapped the other team. If there was a cheater on that team, he was dog****. But how do I lose 60 points and my teammates didnt lose anything? I didnt even gain 60 from that match.

    Ubisoft, pls look into this.
    Share this post

  2. #2
    Cleaely one of your friends is running a hack in the back bruh. Check ya people.
    Share this post

  3. #3
    knighted.-'s Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    1,446
    That would only make sense if one of them got banned. None of them got banned because I still play with them.
    Share this post

  4. #4
    its probably from weeks ago. I could be wrong but I think even if you win against a cheater you lose the elo if they get banned.
    Share this post

  5. #5
    Morfanos's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    3,259
    Originally Posted by Bighair... Go to original post
    its probably from weeks ago. I could be wrong but I think even if you win against a cheater you lose the elo if they get banned.
    You are correct. When ever a cheater is detected(and banned), all of the matches he/she took part in are "removed" from history, so any points gained or loss in one of these matches is set back as if you never played said matches. It doesn't matters if you won or loss, nor does it matters if the cheater was in your team or the enemy team, the match is just "erased" from existence.
     1 people found this helpful
    Share this post

  6. #6
    knighted.-'s Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    1,446
    Originally Posted by Morfanos Go to original post
    You are correct. When ever a cheater is detected(and banned), all of the matches he/she took part in are "removed" from history, so any points gained or loss in one of these matches is set back as if you never played said matches. It doesn't matters if you won or loss, nor does it matters if the cheater was in your team or the enemy team, the match is just "erased" from existence.
    I get all that. I'm not disputing whether there was a cheater in our match. I've lost 160 elo in total due to roillbacks but the people I play with have at most lost only 30 elo. The last roll back few days ago was for 60 elo and none of the people I play with lost any elo. I dont solo queue and have not solo queued once in this season. So something is not adding up about this.

    If some of my friends lost 100-140 elo then it makes more sense there are times where one drops out to eat or whatever and we 4 stack.

    I'm not asking for the elo back. I'm trying to raise an alarm for Ubisoft that there's some exception in their algorithm that's not being handled.
    Share this post

  7. #7
    Morfanos's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    3,259
    Originally Posted by knighted.- Go to original post
    I get all that. I'm not disputing whether there was a cheater in our match. I've lost 160 elo in total due to roillbacks but the people I play with have at most lost only 30 elo. The last roll back few days ago was for 60 elo and none of the people I play with lost any elo. I dont solo queue and have not solo queued once in this season. So something is not adding up about this.

    If some of my friends lost 100-140 elo then it makes more sense there are times where one drops out to eat or whatever and we 4 stack.

    I'm not asking for the elo back. I'm trying to raise an alarm for Ubisoft that there's some exception in their algorithm that's not being handled.
    The difference in points loss or gaining is normal as those are based on your personal rating, which is different from the one your friends have.

    What is not normal is that part where you say you lost some points but they didn't and you say they were in that match. Assuming you're not mistaken, this is indeed not normal. I'm honestly not doubting your honesty here, I just find it very unlikely that you would remember every single of your ranked matches and who was in it as the rollback in score can go as far as 3 months, when the season first started, if it took them this long to find the cheater.
    Share this post