Originally Posted by Gravemind01 Go to original post
    Man you really are straight f*cked aren't you?
    I love your logic lol "Complains about genuine issues with the game" >YoU WaNT iT TO Be KnIFE OnLY LeL
    Come back when you have an actual argument to present me.
    Also yes because video proof of the perspective issues and video proof of faulty hit reg still is "working as intended"
    Yall are blind as hell, y'know that?
    Head glitching actually is an intended mechanic when using hitscan. Thats why most fps have gone to projectile pathing.

Your words that i responded to were pixel peaking in casual ruins the game for you. Nothing about perspective and hit reg which are two completely different topics. According to you we shouldnt be allowed to be pixel peak, spawn peek, run out which leaves the game a rather dull snd.

Removing spawn camping and pixel ******** would make the game dull?

Bull.

The rise in popularity of all the crutch-y, ***** garbage that you just listed and appear to love is precisely why my interest in this game has waned so hard in the last year or so and I have barely played this game in the last 4 months+.

"Don't touch muh toxic-*** bread'n buttuh!"

Originally Posted by DarthCynical Go to original post
    Removing spawn camping and pixel ******** would make the game dull?

Bull.

The rise in popularity of all the crutch-y, ***** garbage that you just listed and appear to love is precisely why my interest in this game has waned so hard in the last year or so and I have barely played this game in the last 4 months+.

"Don't touch muh toxic-*** bread'n buttuh!"
    I legitimately only spawn peek in casual as its a game mode i honestly dont care about. Pixel peaking has been here since the beginning and is honestly a fun mechanic to play against. I actually have to make a conscious decision to push that angle or flank. Unlike other fps games where you just bull through and end up with 5 kills.

It is what it is. Take my words at base value or dont it doesn't matter to me.

Originally Posted by Luckydevil_010 Go to original post
    Head glitching actually is an intended mechanic when using hitscan. Thats why most fps have gone to projectile pathing.

Your words that i responded to were pixel peaking in casual ruins the game for you. Nothing about perspective and hit reg which are two completely different topics. According to you we shouldnt be allowed to be pixel peak, spawn peek, run out which leaves the game a rather dull snd.
    Well, stating whether it is "intentional" or an unintended side-effect is hard to know for sure.

Hitscan is the Easy way to do ballistics, as you only have to track a single ray (a bullet) to determine the effect on the world, vs ballistics where you actually have to generate a projectile, track it near real time, and do all the calculations on the way.

So to me, like a LOT of choices in Siege, they went with the easy choice of hitscan and we are left with the results.

Now you could do a semi-hitscan system, where it is still hitscan, but the system does a basic check of any obstruction of your barrel within, say, 3m.
    Headglitching from a long standoff from cover isn't really an issue

NATural22cHANce's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by Mad_Dog8762 Go to original post
    Well, stating whether it is "intentional" or an unintended side-effect is hard to know for sure.

Hitscan is the Easy way to do ballistics, as you only have to track a single ray (a bullet) to determine the effect on the world, vs ballistics where you actually have to generate a projectile, track it near real time, and do all the calculations on the way.

So to me, like a LOT of choices in Siege, they went with the easy choice of hitscan and we are left with the results.

Now you could do a semi-hitscan system, where it is still hitscan, but the system does a basic check of any obstruction of your barrel within, say, 3m.
    Headglitching from a long standoff from cover isn't really an issue
    I'm definitely going to sound ignorant here, but Siege was released in 2015, and started development around 2012 I believe. What games back then weren't using hitscan? Besides something like Arma I feel like projectile modelling is kind of a recent thing in shooters and hitscan wasn't really a "shortcut" 5+ years ago.

Originally Posted by NATural22cHANce Go to original post
    I'm definitely going to sound ignorant here, but Siege was released in 2015, and started development around 2012 I believe. What games back then weren't using hitscan? Besides something like Arma I feel like projectile modelling is kind of a recent thing in shooters and hitscan wasn't really a "shortcut" 5+ years ago.
    That is a fair consideration

But if small games with small teams such as Escape from Tarkov are able to make a transition to a new engine, maybe its time for Siege as well

Originally Posted by Mad_Dog8762 Go to original post
    That is a fair consideration

But if small games with small teams such as Escape from Tarkov are able to make a transition to a new engine, maybe its time for Siege as well
    Its dependent. From what my buddy who plays tarkov has told me its used projectile pathing from the start. And as its a smaller game its easier to switch engines. As of right now if you wanted siege to switch they'd have close to 20 intricately designed maps to rework, all cosmetic models including weapons, and then compile ballistics on every weapon and implement them. Thats an inordinate amount of time and money to sink for whats honestly a small part of the community myself included.