It blows my mind that this game allows for "head glitching"

This has been a #1 pet peeve about this game from the get go

For those who don't know, "head glitching" refers to being shot by someone who is ONLY exposing the top of their head, when in reality, in order to make a shot, you must expose A SIGNIFICANT portion of your torso. This occurs in game because the game determines shots from the origin of the player's POV (from the scope) as opposed to where the actual barrel of a weapon is (which is usually a few inches below the POV).

Considering this game is all about angles, pixels, and headshots, it blows my mind such an amateur mechanic is in play. I know BF makes bullets come from Barrels, PUBG, and MOST shooters I have played. But not siege, so even if all you see is the top of someone's head, you can still magically be shot by them.
     4 people found this helpful

Yeah, I'm pretty sick of being shot by people's hats.
     1 people found this helpful

Originally Posted by Mad_Dog8762 Go to original post
    This has been a #1 pet peeve about this game from the get go

For those who don't know, "head glitching" refers to being shot by someone who is ONLY exposing the top of their head, when in reality, in order to make a shot, you must expose A SIGNIFICANT portion of your torso. This occurs in game because the game determines shots from the origin of the player's POV (from the scope) as opposed to where the actual barrel of a weapon is (which is usually a few inches below the POV).

Considering this game is all about angles, pixels, and headshots, it blows my mind such an amateur mechanic is in play. I know BF makes bullets come from Barrels, PUBG, and MOST shooters I have played. But not siege, so even if all you see is the top of someone's head, you can still magically be shot by them.
    I like the game as it is. The gunfire originating from the scope might not be realistic but solves a lot of issues with being too close to objects and is really comfortable to play. Next to that some already weak stuff would get even less desirable because of the barrel length (ext. Barrel, silencer and the entire dmr weapon class).
    And remember a shot to the head is a one shot kill so you can still fight back quite effectively via prefire, acogs, vertical play or going a diffrent way if you dont feel like taking that fight.
    Its not a glitch in this game, thats how the game is designed and it should really stay that way.
     3 people found this helpful

Originally Posted by Greedy_Juice69 Go to original post
    I like the game as it is. The gunfire originating from the scope might not be realistic but solves a lot of issues with being too close to objects and is really comfortable to play. Next to that some already weak stuff would get even less desirable because of the barrel length (ext. Barrel, silencer and the entire dmr weapon class).
    And remember a shot to the head is a one shot kill so you can still fight back quite effectively via prefire, acogs, vertical play or going a diffrent way if you dont feel like taking that fight.
    Its not a glitch in this game, thats how the game is designed and it should really stay that way.
    Gotta remember that seeing only a pixel of an enemy player to ALOT of people, (myself included) isn't exactly what you'd call NOTICEABLE.
    Pixel peeking in casual absolutely kills my entire mood with it.

All the concerns that you mention I would be fine with (keeping in mind I DO typically prefer the more milsim games). But weapon length SHOULD matter, would help some weapons have a little more reason to be picked: PDW9, P90, etc, that normally never get used.

What is comfortable to you is VERY uncomfortable to me having had professional experience with firearms (so that's subjective).

Everything you listed is a lot of what I HATE about siege, the 100% dominance of ACOGS, pixel peaking, the game should be about tactics, not pixel peaks.

Originally Posted by Gravemind01 Go to original post
    Gotta remember that seeing only a pixel of an enemy player to ALOT of people, (myself included) isn't exactly what you'd call NOTICEABLE.
    Pixel peeking in casual absolutely kills my entire mood with it.
    Murking kids in casual that stand in open isnt fun either.

Also it sounds like cod or bf would be a better choice of game for you seeing as you think casual should basically be knife only. Oh this this and this toxic even tho theyre godforsaken basic things in this game.

As to ops point it comes down the ballistics system in place. Siege uses hitscan not pathing so the bullets will always come from the sight. Theyd basically have to rework the entire shooting system which they've said they wont do. Plus that would make the game 100% defensive oriented.
     2 people found this helpful

Originally Posted by Luckydevil_010 Go to original post

Also it sounds like cod or bf would be a better choice of game for you seeing as you think casual should basically be knife only. Oh this this and this toxic even tho theyre godforsaken basic things in this game.

As to ops point it comes down the ballistics system in place. Siege uses hitscan not pathing so the bullets will always come from the sight. Theyd basically have to rework the entire shooting system which they've said they wont do. Plus that would make the game 100% defensive oriented.
    A "fair" gunfight would be defensive oriented, but that is why attackers have things such as Flashbangs, breaches, and etct
    Most of which are currently woefully underpowered compared to how they should be

Defenders win straight gunfights, attackers have tools to make gunfights "un-straight"

WBBCoop's Avatar Senior Member
    I like the game as it is.

I agree. If we had to expose half of our body just to get los then Siege would become a campfest.

Originally Posted by WBBCoop Go to original post
    I agree. If we had to expose half of our body just to get los then Siege would become a campfest.
    Well see my previous post

Attackers HAVE things to make gunfights "unfair" for defenders by coming through unexpected angles or using Flashbangs

Originally Posted by Luckydevil_010 Go to original post

Man you really are straight f*cked aren't you?
    I love your logic lol "Complains about genuine issues with the game" >YoU WaNT iT TO Be KnIFE OnLY LeL
    Come back when you have an actual argument to present me.
    Also yes because video proof of the perspective issues and video proof of faulty hit reg still is "working as intended"
    Yall are blind as hell, y'know that?