1. #11
    Flanker1Six's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    US
    Posts
    2,062
    Blue and green stripes on a weapon or piece of gear indicate buffs of some sort. My favorite? Tatical undershorts that made me 10% more stealthy!
     1 people found this helpful
    Share this post

  2. #12
    Ubi-Hayve's Avatar Community Manager
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    262
    Originally Posted by Virtual-Chris Go to original post
    We know from Ubisofts FAQ that a large difference in gear score between you and enemies means it takes more body shots to down an enemy.

    We know that some enemies like Wolves and behemoths have fixed levels (e.g 150 and 40).

    Do normal human PMC enemies have fixed levels or their level is matched to your gear level?

    It seems every time I find gear, it gets progressively higher level. Is the RNG loot system basically using my gear score + some random amount to decide the gear level of new gear?

    I would like to understand how the loot system decides what level the random loot it generates has for me?

    I would also like to understand if I’m on a hamster wheel...
    1. Get higher level gear
    2. Enemy level increases to match
    3. Goto 1


    Leveling:
    You have 2 types of leveling your Ghost in Breakpoint: Player level and Gear level

    Player level awards you with skill points that you use to unlock the skill tree and the classes. The Player level does not affect your stats directly in-game.

    Gear level is based on the quality of the equipped weapons/gear.

    Having a higher Gear level will help you take on tougher drone enemies more easily. As for human enemies, if they have significantly higher gear level than you, then they will be harder to sneak up to and will do more damage to you since their gear level exceeds yours. Having higher gear level will reduce this gap between you and the high gear level human enemies and puts you on almost the same level in terms of gear.

    Also, areas will not have enemies at set levels with the exception of: wolf camps, behemoth drones and the Raid. The only content gated behind a specific player Gear Level will be the Raid, when it is released.

    Enemy scaling:
    At the maximum difference in Gear levels - between you and the enemies - human enemies will take several more bullets to eliminate via body shots than human enemies at your current level.

    While head-shots are always head-shots, the scaling of body shots to eliminate a target versus your difference in level are determined, so you’ll feel those differences, but the encounters stay well within what is expected of a realistic military shooter.

    Encounters with human enemies that are high above you in Gear level will be harder and require more planning and higher precision; however, they won’t feel bullet-spongy.

    Loot
    There is an element of randomness when you get a loot drop – but it is not the core mechanic of the game, nor is it fundamentally necessary to switch out a lower Gear level gun you like just because you got a slightly higher Gear level of a different weapon. The progression experience is not dependent on random chances.

    Co-op
    While in co-op, as was the case in Wildlands, your instance is player-centric. Your chosen level of difficulty and player level will have no impact on your friends, and vice versa.

    Moreover, enemy encounters are balanced based on the number of players in a session. The damage received will increase to scale the level of challenge for squads. Additionally, drone health (not human enemies) will increase with the number of players.
    Share this post

  3. #13
    "Co-op
    While in co-op, as was the case in Wildlands, your instance is player-centric. Your chosen level of difficulty and player level will have no impact on your friends, and vice versa"

    this must be changed, specially with these rpg mechanisms. this was already requested many times in Wildlands...

    for example, the difficulty cant be lower than the chosen by the host

    if the host selects arcade, others can choose extreme. but if the host selects advanced, arcade and normal should not be available
    Share this post

  4. #14
    xdevnull's Avatar Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    U.S. Pacific Time
    Posts
    100
    Ubi-Hayve: First - Thank you! This was actually pretty helpful, specifically around human enemies. Too many people were saying that gear and weapon level didn't matter and clearly it does. Sure a headshot is a headshot, and that is great, but center mass should also be a viable target.

    Also, areas will not have enemies at set levels with the exception of: wolf camps, behemoth drones and the Raid. The only content gated behind a specific player Gear Level will be the Raid, when it is released.
    I can get behind this plan. However I went against an installation, maybe one of the cold war sites, that had enemies at my level, I think 40 at the time, as well as enemies at around 80. I also ran across higher level enemies when I was lower level. I wouldn't call them bullet sponges, but they were definitely harder to take down. I'm okay with the idea of drones/wolf camps/raid having that level strategy and the rest of the game not, but it should be consistent.

    Encounters with human enemies that are high above you in Gear level will be harder and require more planning and higher precision; however, they won’t feel bullet-spongy.
    Sorry I have to disagree. The wolves are definitely bullet sponges. Yes a head shot worked, but body shots were basically like using a BB gun on an APC. If the above is what is intended, it was not the experience in the beta.

    Thanks again, but the way. I'm sure many of us would like more specifics like actual numbers or percentages, but I imagine eventually people will figure it out like we did in Wildlands.
     1 people found this helpful
    Share this post

  5. #15
    Originally Posted by Virtual-Chris Go to original post
    I would also like to understand if I’m on a hamster wheel...
    1. Get higher level gear
    2. Enemy level increases to match
    3. Goto 1


    Perfect analogy, how foolish we are. It's only the skill points, perks and weapon attachments that actually make you feel stronger as the loot system is a complete deception.
     1 people found this helpful
    Share this post

  6. #16
    Originally Posted by Ubi-Hayve Go to original post
    Leveling:
    You have 2 types of leveling your Ghost in Breakpoint: Player level and Gear level

    Player level awards you with skill points that you use to unlock the skill tree and the classes. The Player level does not affect your stats directly in-game.

    Gear level is based on the quality of the equipped weapons/gear.

    Having a higher Gear level will help you take on tougher drone enemies more easily. As for human enemies, if they have significantly higher gear level than you, then they will be harder to sneak up to and will do more damage to you since their gear level exceeds yours. Having higher gear level will reduce this gap between you and the high gear level human enemies and puts you on almost the same level in terms of gear.

    Also, areas will not have enemies at set levels with the exception of: wolf camps, behemoth drones and the Raid. The only content gated behind a specific player Gear Level will be the Raid, when it is released.

    Enemy scaling:
    At the maximum difference in Gear levels - between you and the enemies - human enemies will take several more bullets to eliminate via body shots than human enemies at your current level.

    While head-shots are always head-shots, the scaling of body shots to eliminate a target versus your difference in level are determined, so you’ll feel those differences, but the encounters stay well within what is expected of a realistic military shooter.

    Encounters with human enemies that are high above you in Gear level will be harder and require more planning and higher precision; however, they won’t feel bullet-spongy.

    Loot
    There is an element of randomness when you get a loot drop – but it is not the core mechanic of the game, nor is it fundamentally necessary to switch out a lower Gear level gun you like just because you got a slightly higher Gear level of a different weapon. The progression experience is not dependent on random chances.

    Co-op
    While in co-op, as was the case in Wildlands, your instance is player-centric. Your chosen level of difficulty and player level will have no impact on your friends, and vice versa.

    Moreover, enemy encounters are balanced based on the number of players in a session. The damage received will increase to scale the level of challenge for squads. Additionally, drone health (not human enemies) will increase with the number of players.

    Thanks for clarifying. Now if you could advise how many bullets to the body a top level dude requires to be taken down using a character that is bottom level, that would help massively to see what the difference this gear stuff makes. Is it 7 bullets opposed to say 2 when you are both equal level? Or is it more? If more then I'd say that's bullet spongeing (even 7 is quite high IMO)!
    Share this post

  7. #17
    Gear score for clothing doesn't bother me, weapons in my opinion shouldnt have a gear score, I liked the way Wildlands worked in regards to weapons you could find the weapon you wanted and then as you progressed you could increase the stats for that weapon.

    Playing the beta it didn't make sense that a higher gear score gun was doing more damage yet was significantly lower on most of the stats.

    I don't want to be forced to change my gun for something with a higher gear score just so I can progress.

    I know you can upgrade guns, but when you upgrade the parts and or change it to a MK3 or 4 does.that increase its gear score?.

    I'm guessing stats were not enabled for the beta as they stats bar.just bounced up and then back.down when changing components of a gun. Hopefully like Wildlands it will have a green and red division bar showing what effect changing to a certain component will have on each stat
    Share this post

  8. #18
    xdevnull's Avatar Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    U.S. Pacific Time
    Posts
    100
    I'm wondering how much the economy is going to change from the beta. Drop rates and purchase prices seemed fairly reasonable and I felt like I could keep my gun and equipment leveled without too much trouble - but if prices jump - like I imagine they will, it will kill it for me.

    For instance I remember hovering over attachments - and while they cost 2000 in the store, when I hovered over them in the quest/attachment section they came up as 10000 per attachment, 5x more.
    Share this post

  9. #19
    Originally Posted by xdevnull Go to original post
    I'm wondering how much the economy is going to change from the beta. Drop rates and purchase prices seemed fairly reasonable and I felt like I could keep my gun and equipment leveled without too much trouble - but if prices jump - like I imagine they will, it will kill it for me.

    For instance I remember hovering over attachments - and while they cost 2000 in the store, when I hovered over them in the quest/attachment section they came up as 10000 per attachment, 5x more.
    I'd bet once they launch the microtransactions it changes drastically.
    Share this post