sunk83's Avatar Junior Member

Lost in the editor...

Good morning !

Tried to create some scripts tried to set up fog yesterday night on a "test map" : having some good feedbacks having some issues that made me crazy !

Does anyone know if setting a script " one time " or " once by trigger " is really working ?
    I wanted to trigger a soundpoint : baby cry ( horror map -> perfect !)
    I would like the player to hear the cry every time he walks in the trigger zone. But it works only one time. A idea ?

I would like to set up slow motion triggered by " if IA dies " do you know the duration set to put on ?
    I set up on 50% and 0.1 duration but what is the unity of 0.1 ?

I came crazy with all the fog settings is there a good tuto or paper on the web with explanation of the fog settings, to many parameters but i can't see difference beetween each...

Other thing ( one last) I can't select object with the script "spawn an object" when I'm invited to. If it is an object from "destructible indedtructible " object list its okay but if i want to spawn a corpse from fc5 list in exemple i cant select it... is it normal on ps4 ?
    Thank you all waiting for answers have agood day 😉

Hi! Ok, so, once per trigger means that the script will play one time for each trigger, but it doesn't mean one trigger will be able to be used multiple times, you need to make multiple triggers. As soon as you use a trigger, then that trigger is gone. You need to place multiple triggers down. It's a bit confusing because turning the option "once per trigger" makes it sound like one trigger will run the script multiple times but it just means that you can have multiple triggers tied to one script.

Slomo, ok so .01 is 1 tenth of a second, and that option allows you to "blend" the slomo, so it doesn't just go slow motion, it will blend, and you can set the blend time, so you can have a cool effect where over 10 seconds time gets gradually slower, but at .01 it's so fast you won't even notice the slomo because it's over, you need at least a second. Also if you want a cool slomo script, go to the script, put slomo and set the speed and blend time, then add a delay option, again for how long you want slomo to stay, then add another slomo option to return to normal. And if you set slomo below 30%, be careful because it makes your aiming and view hypersensitive for some reason.

The best way i learned was playing other ppls maps and dl them in editor to see how the scripts work.
     1 people found this helpful

sunk83's Avatar Junior Member
    Thank you all !
    I've tested some slomo actions and it is going to work properly ! Nice !

about animations points, I've tested some things yesterday (night/late, maybe i was tired...) and some object icons of animations points (like taking pictures ie) aren't visible on the editor. imean there are pnly three directions x,y,z but not the arrow visible, by this way it's hard to set up, an idea ?

And other thing I read on steam forum fc5 editor this lines :

Wave 1
    This Wave starts as soon as the player spawns. They are the only Wave out of the 5 that can be scripted.

link here : https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil...?id=1489359574

Does it mean that you can only script ennemies of first wave ? (animations points and control zones) or is it something I don't understand in english (I'm french...) ?

Thank to you for your help.

C U later

You can only use scripts to spawn in wave 1 enemies, for other waves you can use a dynamic spawner to spawn enemies in, but in assault maps enemies spawned using the dynamic spawner won't count towards the total, and will disappear when they get too far from the player.
    All waves can use animation points as long as they're not in alert mode! And they can be tied to control zones as well

Steve64b's Avatar Senior Member
    Also, specific Animation Points cater to specific types of NPCs and their active state (Relaxed, Cautious, Searching or In Combat).
    See here where I list more specifics per Animation Point.

jcoffeycup73's Avatar Member
    about animations points, I've tested some things yesterday (night/late, maybe i was tired...) and some object icons of animations points (like taking pictures ie) aren't visible on the editor. imean there are pnly three directions x,y,z but not the arrow visible, by this way it's hard to set up, an idea ?
    Do you have "Show Object Helpers" unchecked?
     1 people found this helpful