UbiJurassic's Avatar Community Manager

Rocksmith 2014 Remastered - Mac OS Beta Update

Hello, everyone! With the upcoming Catalina update for Mac OS excluding the use of 32-bit applications, we are issuing a beta update to add 64-bit support for Mac users.

What's in the Beta Update

The primary focus of this build is to add 64-bit support for Rocksmith Remastered, but certain other issues have been addressed:
    • Add 64-bit support
    • Fix a crash at shutdown
    • Make in-game shop more reliable
    • Fix UI draw when game/app is in background
    • Minor bug fixes

How to Participate

We are testing this update to 64-bit for Mac players via a public beta, which will require you to voluntarily opt-in. If you are a Mac player and you have the desire to help test this prior to the release of Catalina, here's what you need to do:
    • Right click Rocksmith 2014 Edition Remastered in your Steam library and select Properties at the bottom of the list.
    • Select the Betas tab
    • Enter the code RockTheMacintosh and select Check Code. You should get a confirmation message if you typed it correctly.
    • Select rs_public_beta from the drop-down list and let the game update.

You're good to go! When you are done testing, select "none" from the drop-down menu to return your installation to the standard retail release.

Known Issues

As this update is in beta, we have a list of known issues that are currently present in the build and will be regularly updating it to reflect fixes and updated known issues. We ask that you please take the time to go over them.

We Need Your Feedback!

Is the update working well? Is it not working at all? Did you run into a weird bug? We want to know!

If you are testing this update, please make sure to share your feedback with us here so we can verify that the update is working as intended or look to address any unintended behavior as a result of the update.
     2 people found this helpful

Beta says I don't own the Import pack when I do.
     2 people found this helpful

Having the same problem

Original Rocksmith songs are now missing for me too.

Great news that this is in beta. A few questions:

Do you want only testers on the latest current OS: Mojave 10.14.6 or is everything supported?
    Do you want beta testers of Catalina?

Will Steam install a whole new copy of RS? Or are just a few files installed/removed when you select 'rs-public-beta' from the drop down?

What about games saves?
    Will my scores/stats be updated locally?
    Will my scores/stats be updates on the leader boards?

Not wanting to mess up my current install, but would like to help testing.

thanks!

toymachinesh's Avatar Senior Member

This is the size of the update

All your stats and scores are saved via steam so everything will be the same (except for the RS1 Import which we are seeing)

It updates the following files in the Rocksmith directory

Originally Posted by iMaximillion Go to original post
    Beta says I don't own the Import pack when I do.
    Originally Posted by awatts18 Go to original post
    Original Rocksmith songs are now missing for me too.
    We're looking into this. Could give us a few more details on the problem? Is it just the RS1 disc songs not showing? Is DLC from RS1 showing?

Originally Posted by johnnymac949 Go to original post
    Great news that this is in beta. A few questions:

Do you want only testers on the latest current OS: Mojave 10.14.6 or is everything supported?

Will Steam install a whole new copy of RS? Or are just a few files installed/removed when you select 'rs-public-beta' from the drop down?

What about games saves?

Not wanting to mess up my current install, but would like to help testing.

thanks!
    Everything is supported from 10.10 onwards. As Steam dropped support for older OSes, we did as well.

Yes!

A new copy of Rocksmith does not need to be installed as Steam will update the changed files as needed. Once you opt-out of the beta, it will revert back to its original state.

What about games saves?
    Save games are untouched and should work.

Scores and stats should work the same way as they did before the beta, and should carry over.
     1 people found this helpful

RS1 missingness followup

Originally Posted by UbiJurassic Go to original post
    We're looking into this. Could give us a few more details on the problem? Is it just the RS1 disc songs not showing? Is DLC from RS1 showing?
    It looks to just be the on-disc songs that are missing, but the DLC is there, at least the ones I spot checked. But definitely no songs with RS1 badges on them and none of the songs from the RS1 list I've checked for is showing up.

A bit of additional info: On the first startup of the beta there was a screen where it said I could purchase the import tool in the store (which is what made me suspicious and led to checking to see if the songs were there), but the import tool is listed in my DLC purchases in Steam (from way back in January 2014 ).

legit what Awatts18 said

A new update has now been pushed for the beta. Fixed issues include:
    • Missing RS1 disc songs
    • Short delay at profile select screen
    • Right mouse button no longer working

Fixed/Known Issues thread has been updated with the changes.

If you're testing, please take some time to provide feedback on if the Disc Import Tool is now working as intended and on the in-game store functionality.

RS1 content working with latest macOS beta

With today's update, RS1 content seems to have been restored. I played a variety of songs over the last hour or so, and did not notice anything missing or not working as intended. Thanks for putting in the effort to maintain Rocksmith!