Issue: "Game not launching after splash screen - When i try to launch the Watch Dogs 2 i get the splash screen and then nothing i have tried almost every thing from looking on Youtube to reinstalling but nothing helped." from OP.
    After not playing WD2 for about a year, I tried running the game. There was a good sized update to WD2, it updated/installed, when finished the game was started. As per the OP, the splash screen started, then it disappeared. Now I am staring at my desktop with the UPLAY app opened up (just as if I ALT-TAB'd out of the game). I opened up Task Manager and WD2 was running, I just could not see it on my single monitor. Of course I am using a GPU card (nVidia 1660 series), but the motherboard also has a GPU (intel 4600) but no monitor is connected to it. I went into CMOS (correct term?) after a full PC shutdown and disabled the intel GPU in settings. Saved and Exited setup. After the PC was fully started, UPLAY was started and then the game started as normal. I am not sure if this is a Uplay/Ubisoft/WD2 issue, or a nVidia issue. But it is an issue. One other thing - between the last time I played WD2 and today I replaced my video card using correct uninstall / install procedures (I went from a RED card to a GREEN card). Not sure if this had anything to do with it or not. My new GREEN card is updated and WDogs 1 and Rainbow Six Siege worked normally before disabling the motherboards GPU. Maybe it is a nVidia issue.
    BTW, I tried a few suggestions by others... Deleting the "Certificates" folder located in C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\games\WATCH_DOGS2\EasyAntiCheat\*.* also corrected the game not displaying on my monitor but running in Task Manager. However, online play is disabled. You could also use the Game Launch Argument "-eac_launcher" via the Uplay app which disables online gameplay as well.
    My hope is that this helps someone else out of a frustrating situation.
    Cheers.
    …..EDIT.... Don't forget to run Uplay as an administrator in Win10. The above fix worked for me, then I removed the check mark from the Compatibility tab in Properties for Uplay link on my desktop (Run this program as an administrator). The next time I ran it, it was the same old issue. Check the box and all is good.
    Keep your stick on the ice everyone!
     1 people found this helpful

Solution to "game not launching after splash screen"

Read TRIGERDCANADIAN's solution in this thread. Check task manager to see if WD2 is running, but that you just cannot see it on your monitor. Then disable onboard video in BIOS (CMOS) & run UPlay as an administrator.

I have no internal graphics card and I looked for other graphics options in the bios settings but couldn't find anything. I had a application called spacedesk to extend my screen space, which was shown as a graphics card in windows device manager. Just uninstalled it, WD2 still doesn't work. I am still refusing to refresh/reinstall my windows which would be probably the best solution to make this game work (which is way too much work for a single game, which I won't play for too long). But then I would rather try to make it work with wine/lutris.

@cubimon93 - After uninstalling Spacedesk, did you reboot and then verify that it no longer listed as a graphics card in device manager, and then run Uplay/WDogs 2 as an administrator? If you did, sorry to hear it is not working for you still. I have never heard of Spacedesk, does it's creator have a clean uninstall or cleanup program? Good luck.

Spacedesk was removeable in "programs and features", after reboot and it isn't displayed in "device manager" anymore. Uplay/WatchDogs 2 are configured to run as administrater (this is also mentioned in the troubleshooting section). Thank you for your help.

WD2 doesn't launch..

the game is just closed after the warning splash screen.(the screen after nvidia screen)
    I tried everything except re-installing window
    Re-install Game&Uplay/change dll file/file check with uplay launcher/launch the program with admin/update Graphic driver/clean-install graphic driver./re-install software like directX...
    even windows restore..
    but nothing works.
    I played the game normally about 3 days ago but it doesn't work now for no reason.
     1 people found this helpful

Ubi-Woofer's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    Originally Posted by Dabotop Go to original post
    the game is just closed after the warning splash screen.(the screen after nvidia screen)
    I tried everything except re-installing window
    Re-install Game&Uplay/change dll file/file check with uplay launcher/launch the program with admin/update Graphic driver/clean-install graphic driver./re-install software like directX...
    even windows restore..
    but nothing works.
    I played the game normally about 3 days ago but it doesn't work now for no reason.
    Hey there, did you contact us via a support case for this issue as yet? If not, and you have completed all recommended troubleshooting and the workarounds from this thread, please do so and attach your MSinfo and DxDiag files so that we can take a closer look into it with you. Thank you!

For me it was some old nvidia dll file located in C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\igd lh64.inf_amd64_250db833a1cd577e\igdrclneo64.dll that I moved to my desktop as security copy. Then it worked, thanks to ubisoft support (still took like two months to find them out, then again wierd nvidia and also wierd ubisoft, because watchdogs 2 was the only game affected by this file).

Ubi-Woofer's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    Thanks for sharing the cause and solution on your end, cubimon93 - it may be relevant to and helpful for other players in this thread

If anyone needs further assistance with this issue, don't hesitate to contact us via a support case with your MSinfo and DxDiag files attached as directed previously for further investigation. Thank you!