Whats this game's problem with skill deployment?

I dont even know where to begin with this one.

Its been an ongoing issue that has me absolutely infuriated at this point, cuz its beyond BS. Its gotten me so many times over its disgusting.

But like the title says, what is this game's problem with deploying ******* skills when you tell it to!? SERIOUSLY!? Time and time and time and time the hell AGAIN AND AGAIN when playing my Reclaimer, I will go to deploy my med box and my guy just stands there like a ******* dunce and WONT DEPLOY IT......EE is auto deploy, EE,im running along, getting shot, EE...nope...EE, nope, EE, nope...Sig skill triggers....EE, nope...EE Ok, fine, ill do it this time....

Or, im getting shot, dive into cover, EE, nope, EE, nope, EE, nope....guy flanks me, QQ for First Aid...nope, V, QQ, fine ill go off. EE, nope, EE, ok fine ill do it....by this time im knee deep in enemies swarming all over me and its to late to really salvage the situation....at best I can hope to blind fire or hope my controls will let me roll and run away...

Just now in the Underground. IM standing over a pack of LMB firing down on them. IM on a balcony behind a covered wall section, and I side step to shoot the guy. Hes firing up at me, and im in my last health segment, so I EE to drop my med box...EE to drop my med box...EE to drop my med box.....Sig skill goes off, EE, OK FINE ill do it this t ime...and im just like ITS A LITTLE LATE FOR THAT STUPID!!!! DEPLOY IT BEFORE THE SIG GOES OFF...FFS....

Or, its most recent fan favorite sack of rabid bovine fecal matter.....the skills plain bug out and absolutely will not deploy at all. Ive had it happen at least 3 different times just in the last couple weeks. First time, trying to deploy my Fire Crest flame turret. EE, my guy makes the animation like hes deploying, but the skill just skips a beat and my guy doesnt do it. So I hit E to pull the skill out to manually deploy it....again, he makes the animation to pull it out, but puts it away, and when this happens, I can do nothing to deploy my skills and they just plain simply will not work no matter what....I gotta either die, which is what has been happening, or I fast travel away or log out or something......

Died in a ******* HARD difficulty mission yesterday because of this bug. Had like 6 LMBs chasing me, I got over aggressive and pushed up as they came at me...I was under the assumption my skills would work and I woulda been fine, healing 21,000/s along with Predatory and my group mate, I shoulda been just fine to run up, deploy my med box and shoot them all dead....but NOPE. I run up, get on a wall, EE, and it does the above mentioned "complete skill meltdown bug", and I cannot get EITHER of my skills to work, not FIrst Aid, which is like an instant over heal it does so much, nor my med box. So, I start running away(Were on Grand Central just past the start of the ramp where those Humvees and walls are). I start diving behind walls, trying pop my med kits(since those work), and its not enough to over come all the damage im taking from like 6 LMBs...and I die....Absolutely enraging BS, thats how keyboards get broke.....dying is one thing, not a huge deal. BUt dying cuz of buggy **** like that? mmmmmmmmm

Its seriously some ******ed crap......and this is among the many reasons I HATE skill type builds in this game, they are so fickle, inconsistent, buggy and borked that its not worth going through all the effort to murder your firearms and stamina to use a quirky skill that has a long *** cooldown and only works once.

[Edited by Ubi-RealDude]

Rroff's Avatar Senior Member
    I've had it bad since the end of the blackout GE - was fine during the blackout GE but last couple of days or so I died a few times because pressing the button to deploy my support station for instance would just do the animation and not drop it even though there was no cooldown, etc. and other instances of skill delay/failure/out of sync - I suspect the servers just need rebooting (assuming they weren't on Thursday as I haven't played since) to get it back to happening infrequently enough to not be annoying.

I play skill builds heavily and personally I don't have that bad experience most of the time but I do know it can get pretty bad at times - usually because they've not rebooted the backend in awhile I think. The only one I find persistently problematic is seekers which can get into a bugged state very easily.

I could not deploy my seeker mine at Madison Square Garden at the end of the mission. But to be fair, this happened to me for the first time in years. I'm on PC.

I hear ya.
    For me it started about 4/5 months ago and has got worse over time. In Resistance, it is a huge problem sometimes when you cant put your box down or let a sticky fly.
    The last few months I have noticed my Striker will only build 1 stack, sometimes none. And no, I'm not missing the target or under status effects. For those with stikers who have noticed it, switch a piece of gear, go to game, then go back to your original gear piece.

I have been able to get around the box issue by bringing up your other skill, Q, dont try to use it, then go back to your E talent. Not 100 %, but will help sometimes.

I think it is Ubi's way of killing off the game. Dont address issues thinking players will migrate to D2.

Screw em, when I'm done with this game, I'm done with Ubi

I play every night. With the very last 1.8 update, something happens where when I double tap my Q key to use First Aid on myself, it will instead pop up over cover and try to aim at someone. I have played this game since release and never had that problem until that update and have had it since. It is like they changed the double-tap use speed. So, if I know I am going to be running a set with that skill, I change it to instant use instead and then I have no problems. I actually run it the same way with my sticky BFB since it doesn't have to pop up from cover. There are bugs in the game that have existed from the beginning. They aren't going to get fixed at this point. I have a several page notepad document with all the issues I have found. To be fair, they have fixed a LOT of the issues it was released with. I think some just can't be fixed with the netcode as it is.

Some of us bought and went to TD2, but promptly returned to TD1. It is just so much smoother and frankly, more fun. There is no SLI in TD2 so my frame rate suffers in spite of having an very high end PC. I hate the movement in TD2.
    For me, my Division time is about to be divided here in 10 days. If BL3 is even remotely as fun as BL2 was, I probably won't be back to either one.

Originally Posted by GRIZZZ_ Go to original post
    I hear ya.
    For me it started about 4/5 months ago and has got worse over time. In Resistance, it is a huge problem sometimes when you cant put your box down or let a sticky fly.
    The last few months I have noticed my Striker will only build 1 stack, sometimes none. And no, I'm not missing the target or under status effects. For those with stikers who have noticed it, switch a piece of gear, go to game, then go back to your original gear piece.

I have been able to get around the box issue by bringing up your other skill, Q, dont try to use it, then go back to your E talent. Not 100 %, but will help sometimes.

I think it is Ubi's way of killing off the game. Dont address issues thinking players will migrate to D2.

Screw em, when I'm done with this game, I'm done with Ubi
    Not sure if it is reproducible but I had an interesting one the other day I switched to my Striker load out then to test an idea swapped out some pieces so I had 3x Lone Star, 2x Striker, 1x Ninjabag fitted but was still getting the healing effect as if I was building Striker stacks - no icons but I was definitely building and getting healed as if 6 piece classified was in effect though not getting any damage bonus like 6 piece Striker would. As soon as I changed load out again it stopped happening.

Yup, and another week or two goes by, another hundred hours and just more of this 'cant deploy the med box' bs.

I cant quite put my finger on it, but its not related to any single event, its been an ongoing issue, at least for me, since I started this game.

Another great couple anecdotes. Tonight in UG, im attacking an objective, I hug a pillar, drop a bad guy, and commence to get shot up. I step back and EE to drop my med box. Nothing. So, I have to instead turn and run, as now I have a shotgun guy right in my face, and im on like a sliver of health. Then, as im running, I QQ to First Aid, and you guessed it, it didnt work, not until AFTEr my damn Recovery Link triggered, THEN it goes off. I swear that **** is beyond annoying to.....takes up 2 heals cuz the first one didnt wanna work when I pressed it. I did end up making it out, but now my attack is all fubar'd.

Then, im in The Armory landmark in the DZ, I go in and take cover, I again, drop a guy to trigger talented, and am fully aware of Helter, the big named Heavy walking up behind me, with 2 Rikers to my front. IM sitting on some cover, and I EE to drop my box. Nothing. EE to drop my box...nothing, now the big named guy is shooting me in my ***, EE, FINALLY the box drops. I kill the 2 rikers and move on with the attack.

It never fails to completely throw off my attack. Where instead of EE, box deploys, I continue my attack, without being flanked and gang banged, I constantly get raped trying to recover when the game goes full ******. I am fully convinced that the AI that was randomly assigned to my 2nd and 4th character is bugged and completely down syndrome levels of ******ed. BOTH of those characters have some of the worst times with ability use and moving around cover, rolling and gluing to random pieces of cover. All my guys have issues with it, but omg, those 2 have it real bad.

This issue also leaves me wondering if its worth it to try for the skill power boost from Talented, or just deploy my box as the start of my attack. I mean, it only increases my healing from 17k to 21k, so, IDK, it might not be worth it, but ****, more healing is more healing? I guess until trying to get that healing gets you dead....

Originally Posted by KnightGhostbear Go to original post
    Yup, and another week or two goes by, another hundred hours and just more of this 'cant deploy the med box' bs.

I cant quite put my finger on it, but its not related to any single event, its been an ongoing issue, at least for me, since I started this game.

Another great couple anecdotes. Tonight in UG, im attacking an objective, I hug a pillar, drop a bad guy, and commence to get shot up. I step back and EE to drop my med box. Nothing. So, I have to instead turn and run, as now I have a shotgun guy right in my face, and im on like a sliver of health. Then, as im running, I QQ to First Aid, and you guessed it, it didnt work, not until AFTEr my damn Recovery Link triggered, THEN it goes off. I swear that **** is beyond annoying to.....takes up 2 heals cuz the first one didnt wanna work when I pressed it. I did end up making it out, but now my attack is all fubar'd.

Then, im in The Armory landmark in the DZ, I go in and take cover, I again, drop a guy to trigger talented, and am fully aware of Helter, the big named Heavy walking up behind me, with 2 Rikers to my front. IM sitting on some cover, and I EE to drop my box. Nothing. EE to drop my box...nothing, now the big named guy is shooting me in my ***, EE, FINALLY the box drops. I kill the 2 rikers and move on with the attack.

It never fails to completely throw off my attack. Where instead of EE, box deploys, I continue my attack, without being flanked and gang banged, I constantly get raped trying to recover when the game goes full ******. I am fully convinced that the AI that was randomly assigned to my 2nd and 4th character is bugged and completely down syndrome levels of ******ed. BOTH of those characters have some of the worst times with ability use and moving around cover, rolling and gluing to random pieces of cover. All my guys have issues with it, but omg, those 2 have it real bad.

This issue also leaves me wondering if its worth it to try for the skill power boost from Talented, or just deploy my box as the start of my attack. I mean, it only increases my healing from 17k to 21k, so, IDK, it might not be worth it, but ****, more healing is more healing? I guess until trying to get that healing gets you dead....
    At higher difficulty levels the incoming damage is significantly above your ability to actively tank anyhow in most cases (you can burst heal with 6 piece Striker classified a bit to last longer in the open but not hugely so) so the healing really is just about getting back into the fighter faster and having the box to get you back up again if you go down - the actual rate of healing is secondary to how long the support station lasts for IMO.

I was quite annoyed about the changes to healing yourself and ADS as using First Aid is so inconsistent and prone to fail or extremely lagged that it makes a mockery of it - in PVE you really need to be able to offset that by hitting it while ADS's as otherwise between the transition delay and randomness of First Aid you really need to be coming out of ADS and hitting the button for healing before you even know you are going to need to so as to ensure it works.

PVP and cheating aside most of the issues in this game wouldn't be problem at all if they were recognised as such and design was approached to mitigate them by not implementing features in a way that depends on broken mechanics (which they won't admit are broken) and other workarounds to side step the issues.

You keep saying EE. Are you doing that so you don't 'aim' but rather immediately drop your heal box?

Try going into your Settings, keyboard controls (something like that), and scroll down to the "Agent Skill 1 and 2" area. Change it to instant use skill which is a couple lines lower. Then, you'll only need one tap to drop it instantly. This works to great effect for the BFB / Tac role. Normally, you pop up slightly to aim the sticky. But, with that skill set to instant use, you put your crosshairs where you want it, then hit the skill key and it will fire it without being as exposed.

Like I mentioned above, since roughly 1.8 I started having trouble with my First Aid skill. I used to be able to double tap it and use it instantly. Around the time of that update, I seem to try to aim way more often instead of using it like I used to. So, when I am going to run D3, I also change that skill to instant use. I am suggesting you try this to see if it has any affect. If it doesn't, can you record and upload a clip of this? I am curious now...

On a similar note one that annoys me quite a bit is how often relentless fails to work - especially if you are low on health you can almost guarantee any returned healing from it is massively delayed or just doesn't happen