Ubi-Seraxia's Avatar Community Representative

Sept. 3 DLC: Rocksmith Easy Exercises, Vol. 2

The response to the first volume of Rocksmith Exercise Song Packs has been wonderful, and we’re excited to announce the second round of exercises! Releasing Tuesday, September 3rd, Rocksmith Easy Exercises, Vol. 2 will continue to offer drills for your practice regimen. As with the first volume, Vol. 2 will focus on the fundamental techniques of hammer-ons, pull-offs, string switching, string skipping, and linear playing. This time around, the finger patterns will be more varied and a bit more complex. This will allow you to gain full control and independence of your fingers and be ready for whatever song you want to play in Rocksmith!

does this mean October will have moderate and November advanced?

I wish you'd drop them all at once instead of drip feeding them. It's rather frustrating to wait all week to find out what the next DLC will be, hoping it might even be something utterly epic - only to learn it's going to be some poorly implemented exercises that would be far better if they were properly integrated into the tutorials section instead of clogging up learn a song or score attack modes.
     3 people found this helpful

I completely agree. And just tell us Ubi whether the dlc is drying up because we haven't received anything "epic" in months. Yet another lost week...
     5 people found this helpful

They are just teasing us before they release the Mega-Giant VanHalen/Zeppelin/Floyd/Metallica/Beatles/ZZTop/AC-DC Super 50 song pack
     1 people found this helpful

courseiam's Avatar Member
    Originally Posted by dataway Go to original post
    They are just teasing us before they release the Mega-Giant VanHalen/Zeppelin/Floyd/Metallica/Beatles/ZZTop/AC-DC Super 50 song pack
    We can only hope, but it seems to me that dlc is drying up fast, especially with the realise of all these so called "exercise". Did you see how bad the last set was?
     2 people found this helpful

ghmorello's Avatar Senior Member
    As much as I wish we'd get a normal band DLC/pack to go along with lessons DLC, can we guys stop acting like Rocksmith is dead?

It better not be dead .... I still have a couple hundred $ to spend on DLC

Chad_Muska's Avatar Member
    +1

I like the idea of these exercises packs, but I'd like to see more varied stuff, not just repeating more or less the same techniques on and on with the same sound, which is anoying after 6+ minutes. I'd love to learn something about finger technique to grab difficult chords without cramping and things like these. Add some new video tutorials maybe. And I'd love to get a patch/update to sort the exercises to lessons instead of the DLC library. But keep up the great work and ongoing DLC support as long as possible!

courseiam's Avatar Member
    Originally Posted by ghmorello Go to original post
    As much as I wish we'd get a normal band DLC/pack to go along with lessons DLC, can we guys stop acting like Rocksmith is dead?
    It's not dead yet, but it's certainly on life support judging by most of the DLC and "exercises" we've had this year.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last ►►