Preset DSP ... box? Thingie?

I don't know squat about effects so let me ask a stupid question.

Rather than gathering a collection of pedals or some kind of manual DSP device, does anyone make a signal processor/digital effects box of some kind with clearly labeled presets that emulate our favorite artists?

I mean like a box where I can just select Floyd, GNR, SRV, ZZ-top .... etc. etc. (much like the RS tones) and be done with it and not have to worry about emulating the artist's setup with a ton of pedals?

Thanks.

Another question .... I have a ZOOM G1X four multi-effects processor pedal .... will this unit emulate multiple effects at the same time? Or is it called a Multi-effects processor because it would emulate multiple different effects but only one at a time?

In other words ..... can it for instance be an Overdrive and Chorus and a Reverb at the same time as if it was a pedal board.

rcole_sooner's Avatar Moderator
    Most multi-fx have multiple pedal positions that can have any of the presets assigned to them. Yes, many will emulate today's popular pedals.

Lord-Flatus's Avatar Member
    I have a BOSS GT-1 that gets the job done for $199. I typically bring up the Rocksmith tone in the tone editor and then try to duplicate the chain of amps and effects n the GT-1 when I want to really try and get something different like "I Ran" by Flock of Seagulls. A few tweaks are always required. It'll do a distortion and a delay and a reverb and an amp and a cab and a noise gate and a wah and two other pick-em effects at once, and you can re-order them. But it still requires work to set up your tone. You can download some pre-made tones from the BOSS website that are okay, so maybe that is what you are looking for.
     1 people found this helpful

pedietz's Avatar Senior Member
    A lot of these solid state amps and pedals really shine once you hook them up to the internet.

Users will upload presets with easy to recognize names like "Boston - More than a feeling" and then all you have to do is double click to install it.

usually the manufacturer has to skirt Trademarks and offer presets with really cryptic names.