Gold_Jim's Avatar Senior Member

New noise makers

It's been a while since I posted because I have to launch Edge to log in. For some reason, Chrome does not log in, only Edge, I've done all of the recommended things, even uninstalled and re-installed, but nothing, so... No biggie, but I don't like Edge, so I just watch. I added a bunch of axes, an amp, and even some pedals since I last posted, so without further ado, I'll share some pics. I won't be sharing the pedal board yet as that is going to change once I get the Kemper Stage.

In order of recent to oldest, here are my new noise makers and RS 2014 controllers. This week (haven't even taken the plastic off the pickguard yet) I picked up a Gibson SG Standard in Ebony. The line has been changed so that the naming convention does not include the year. The difference between the 2019 Standard and the Standard? The one dated 2019 in the name (they both have serial numbers that date to this year, obviously) has a slim taper neck with low, cryogenically treated frets and the newer one has a beefier neck profile with medium jumbo frets. Pretty, sleek, powerful, and very Angus in her growl, the new Standard is more like the Custom SGs from 'back in the day' in its look and feel (except the block inlays were on the custom vs trapezoids). Another major difference that the new Standard has over the 2019 (as well as over the new Standard '61) is the neck joint. In the '61, the neck joint is at the 21's fret giving you one, yes one fret beyond the neck joint and very little wood connection for neck stability. The Standard's heel joint is at the 19th fret, which might not sound like much, but stability of playing when you're a an aggressive player.

I initially went to Guitar Center to purchase a used one from another store, but we found out the owner had replaced the pickups with Dimarzio Super Distortions. For me, that was a deal breaker. Then I went to purchase a left over 2018 only to find that there was just one in the system and it had a broken headstock. That hasn't been removed, so if you look, you still might think there's one to be ordered, but you will be sad. I pulled this one down off the wall hesitantly and once I played it through an amp like mine, I knew it had found a home.

So...pics, right?

I'll keep posting in this thread with the rest...
     2 people found this helpful

rcole_sooner's Avatar Moderator
    Nice!

Have you tried erasing cache in Chrome?

I have only owned one other Telecaster, and that was a Squier. I just couldn't get the feel for those necks and the fact that I was paying for a cutting board with strings on it. This Tele opened my eyes in my local Guitar Center. The Deluxe Nashville Tele is the child of a standard Tele and a Stratocaster with a Strat middle pickup and Tele bridge and neck (all Noiseless in the Deluxe line). A 5 way selector allows you to blend them in the same way you would a Strat, but it takes a bit getting used to if you've ever used a Telecaster. The Deluxe line also includes an interesting heel cut that allows for more high end fret access.. Made in Mexico, this Deluxe stands toe to toe in quality with its American made counterpart for about 1/2 the $$ (or less in some cases). I gig and open mic with this guitar regularly, and it's never let me down or failed to impress.

rcole_sooner's Avatar Moderator
    Locking tuners and heel relief! Awesome!
     1 people found this helpful

Next up, the Deluxe HSS Stratocaster. Another Mexican made axe, this guitar has the option of splitting the bridge pickup or getting that extra punch from the humbucker, and punch it does! That thing is much louder than the other pickups. I actually compared this side by side with an American Elite HSS, and to be honest, an extra $1,000, the Elite was not. Yes, it had a much nicer case and candy, but as a guitar, it was not really any better in feel, look, or sound quality.

Originally Posted by rcole_sooner Go to original post
    Locking tuners and heel relief! Awesome!
    The Deluxe line includes the Fender locking tuners. Also a very nice feature that I forgot to mention.

Lastly, but certainly not least in importance is where the sound comes from! I have made no bones about my love for Marshalls and the new Marshall DSL40CR has great vintage tones with a lot of new features. I've only included a pic of the front (since mine is in a limited edition white color), but you can click on the link to see more. I control the amp via midi and two volume controls means I can turn it up without grabbing the volume knob. This is great for soloing without hitting the front end of the power section via effects loop with a clean boost. I can also switch between all 4 channels (classic, crunch, Ultra Gain OD1, and Ultra Gain OD2) as well as turning the effects loop on and off via midi. I'm currently using a BOSS MS-3 switcher for this function. So here's a pic...

So, here's a family photo. I don't think I mentioned the used MiM Standard Strat hanging on the far left. That was an incredible find! A 2008 without a bloody scratch on it in a hard shell case for $425 at Guitar Center here in Virginia Beach, VA. You would think that thing was brand new, and it's price tag was impossible for me to refuse. This is the wall where I keep the guitars that I use every day (you can see the corner of my Marshall in the bottom left of the screen). I live alone, so I've got guitars and crap all over the house. Thanks for reading, hope you enjoy. I'll post my new Gibson acoustic and Kemper stage when I get them in hand. Until then, and if I don't see you before that, Happy Labor Day, Veteran's Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years!

Danny-Ramone's Avatar Senior Member
    Three Fenders, one Gibson - sounds about right

HNGD
     1 people found this helpful