Suddenly cant use keyboard/mouse along with gamepad

Hey all.
    Just started the game today and all of a sudden i can not use the keyboard/mouse along with the gamepad.
    i generally only use the pad when driving or flying and it normally automatically detects which im using but today it is either one or the other.
    Any ideas whats happened??
    I`ve tried the gamepad setting but to no avail,the game has otherwise been fine over the past 12 months.
    THANKS ALL.

UbiMorning's Avatar Community Representative
    Hi BigSte2016! What specific gamepad are you using? Is it wired or wireless? Have you tried reinstalling the drivers?

nka's Avatar Junior Member
    Got the exact same problems.

Everything was fine before.. but now, I can either have the Keyboard/Mouse (Logitech G910 / G502) or the Controller (PS4 Wired).

In game, if I make the "Enable Controller" to :
    "No" : Only the keyboard is working (Controller is not working).
    "Only" : As soon as I connect the controller, only the controller is working Keyboard/Mouse dont work anymore, but Controller work fine.
    "All" : The screen freeze as soon as I connect the controller... if I disconnect the controller, everything goes back to normal.

Just adding some informations. I got a AMD Ryzen 2700X CPU and my game is installed from Steam.

I tried to uninstall and reinstall the game, update from 18xx to 1903 (Windows 10), nothing worked.

I have had this same issue recently. I am guessing one of the most recent patches had something to do with this? Or maybe a windows update? I have no idea, but I have tried removing and reinstalling mouse, keyboard, and controller drivers since they are all input devices; that did not work. I validated the Wildlands files, no change. Deleted and allowed the game to rebuild the files under documents/my games/ghost recon wildlands that did not work.

I am using a Sony PS4 controller plugged in with the usb cable. Before this issue I could always play Wildlands interchangeable between mouse and keyboard and controller. Now the game locks up when I plug the controller in, and goes back to normal as soon as I unplug the controller.

It would be super great if the fix that broke my controller compatibility could be fixed.

Yeah I just noticed this too... DS4 plugged in with a USB cable... Could previously hot-swap between KB+M and DS4 whilst in game, now i've got the same thing happening. It's either or, not both... kind of annoying. Is it because of the recent Mercenaries update, something in that update broke something else?

I'm trying to finish Narco DLC. It's kinda "driving" oriented... with the controller, that would help! But I fell I will finish it before they fix it.... and I have Breakpoint to play (hoping it won't be a problem)

Yeah, same here. Wasnt having any problems until i came back to the game today and am strugling at driving ever since... Really hope this doesnt get unnoticed... I really liked driving with the controller. I'm using a DS4 with usb cable and inputmapper for software.

Originally Posted by CallyfoAlly Go to original post
    I'm using a DS4 with usb cable and inputmapper for software.
    You don't need the "inputmapper", it will detect the DS4 as a Playstation Controler if you do (you wont see the X-BOX buttons if you do)

well... when it was working.

Bump

This topic needs a bump up. I've seen and reported the same issue while playing the Breakpoint Beta.

When you start up the game, it will show you all control hints as if you were using an XBOX Controller, whether it is active / connected or not.
    I can still use mouse and keyboard and as longs as I am actively doing so, the control hints will show up as mouse/keyboard hints. But as soon as you let go of either, the UI will revert back to show the XBOX input.

What's worse, when the controller is actually connected (as I do all flying and occasionally driving with controller), no input from the controller whatsoever is recognized.

I find this quite serious, as it prohibits a functionality that worked fine for years, severely impacts the way you play and ultimately affects at least two games with the same bug.

I am using a MS XBOX 360 Wireless Controller for PC.