Surprise, surprise today: there has been an update of the offers on the EU Playstation Store and STILL NO PRICE CHANGE FOR AC: ODYSSEY SEASON PASS! The meeting with that pair of lawyers is getting closer and closer to you.

I've just made a complaint to the UK Advertising Standards Agency (ASA) in respect of this deceptive advertising practice, and attempted cover-up.

I provide a copy of my wording, below, in case anyone else would also like to file a complaint. I also include my attachments here - https://imgur.com/a/i1rncdI

Ubisoft (developer/publisher of Assassin's Creed Odyssey) have recently been running a promotional campaign, during which they advertised their 'Assassin's Creed Odyssey - Season Pass' as being sold for half-price (50%) from 26/08/19 to 01/09/19. This campaign spanned their social media channels, the game's home page, and within the game's menu.

It has since transpired that the offer was incorrectly advertised as being available to users of the EU Playstation Network (PSN) store (which includes the UK). This is in contrast to this offer being available to PSN users from all other world regions, and to EU and all other world regions on the XBOX and PC platforms. In effect, EU Playstation 4 users of the game have been singled out as the only market where the offer has never been made available, despite Ubisoft's marketing never specifying that this would be the case.

I was specifically advertised to, in my own game, on my Playstation 4. Footage of this advert has been captured by another user, which you can view here - https://twitter.com/DapperChewie/sta...06724871385089

Since raising this through Ubisoft's social media channels, they have failed to take any meaningful action. In fact, they have subsequently removed the advert from the in-game menu and have removed tweets mentioning the offer (see item 1 attached). They have also removed any mention of they offer on their own promotional page (https://assassinscreed.ubisoft.com/g...sode1-for-free). However, it appears that they failed to remove a reference to the discount (see highlighted in item 2 attached).

I note that the link to the FAQ on the page, which provided further information about the season pass discount, has also been removed - https://support.ubi.com/News/000046890.

I consider this deceptive advertising and an attempted cover-up. I, like other EU Playstation 4 users, purchased this game with intent to buy the season pass at the advertised sale price, but have been unable to do so.

Originally Posted by DapperChewie Go to original post
    I've just made a complaint the the UK Advertising Standards Agency (ASA) in respect of this deceptive advertising practice, and attempted cover-up.

I provide a copy of my wording, below, in case anyone else would also like to file a complaint. I also include my attachments here - https://imgur.com/a/i1rncdI
    Thank you, I'm a UK resident and I'll submit a claim once I'm home.

Ubi-Keo's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    Hi guys,

We have an update for you all regarding the Assassin's Creed Odyssey 50% off offer on PS4 for EU players.

Due to technical error, an in-game notification for a 50% off Season Pass was incorrectly displayed to PS4 EMEA players. While this offer is available through Xbox One + PC (NCSA/EMEA), and PS4 (NCSA), we have updated this for PS4 EMEA to avoid further confusion.

However PS4 EMEA players will still be able to get 50% off the Assassinís Creed Odyssey DLC's 'Legacy of The First Blade' and 'The Fate of Atlantis'. This offer ends tonight (04/09/19) at 11:59pm UK time.

I apologise for any inconvenience and disappointment this may have caused.

Utter nonsense.

Originally Posted by DapperChewie Go to original post
    I've just made a complaint the the UK Advertising Standards Agency (ASA) in respect of this deceptive advertising practice, and attempted cover-up.

Originally Posted by Ubi-Keo Go to original post
    Hi guys,

We have an update for you all regarding the Assassin's Creed Odyssey 50% off offer on PS4 for EU players.

Due to technical error, an in-game notification for a 50% off Season Pass was incorrectly displayed to PS4 EMEA players. While this offer is available through Xbox One + PC (NCSA/EMEA), and PS4 (NCSA), we have updated this for PS4 EMEA to avoid further confusion.

However PS4 EMEA players will still be able to get 50% off the Assassinís Creed Odyssey DLC's 'Legacy of The First Blade' and 'The Fate of Atlantis'. This offer ends tonight (04/09/19) at 11:59pm UK time.

That's disgusting. I'm close to trading in all my AC games and never buying a new one. I've been playing for years. This is a cop out if it was a mistake why has it taken this long to say so? Youd correct it the day off or shortly after. Not after a week of loyal players complaining.

Not at one point did any of the adverts say it was region specific. Why the F would you allow UK PC store and Xbox to get this deal and not PS4 players? It's a cop out.

Anyone with me in spamming all their social media until we get a decent response and hopefully get this resolved once and for all? Seems like we'll have to take matters into out own hands.

Originally Posted by Ubi-Keo Go to original post
    Hi guys,

These things try to tell to the lawyers who will contact you but I think that despite your efforts to change the facts, you will lose anyway. I reiterate to you that I have read every little clause of the offer and nowhere were written the things that you have now said to fend off your company. You have badly advertised it, you have omitted these clauses the in the many advertising you did on social, on website and in-game and now you get a complaint (which you will probably lose).

What complete and utter crap that is , why would you offer it to everybody else and single one set of users out.
    You are going to lose customers now , I for 1 well never buy another ubisoft game.