http://shockwaveproductions.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6...bbf72d7436e497ec5123
    I'm not trying to convince anyone of anything ...I just thought that you might be interested in the look of a competitive ( sic) Sim.As you can see they have done alot to improve it over the last year...I still have it loaded & Iplay it from time to time , but I have to admit I still enjoy Il-2FB/Pf more and with Manchuria & 1946 who has time for more????

<div class="ev_tpc_signature">

" God Help me , I love the smell of Computer wiring smoking in the morning!"

http://shockwaveproductions.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6...bbf72d7436e497ec5123
    I'm not trying to convince anyone of anything ...I just thought that you might be interested in the look of a competitive ( sic) Sim.As you can see they have done alot to improve it over the last year...I still have it loaded & Iplay it from time to time , but I have to admit I still enjoy Il-2FB/Pf more and with Manchuria & 1946 who has time for more????

<div class="ev_tpc_signature">

" God Help me , I love the smell of Computer wiring smoking in the morning!"

Xiolablu3's Avatar Senior Member
    Looks very nice, thanks for posting!

I think IL2 looks a bit better, but this still looks good and looks a good alternative!

The flak sounds are much better. You really get a rush when you hear things. I have never really rated Il2's sound, it could be much improved I think.

Convoy attack :-

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=262089570677583...1809781358320306 2098

I reallly like the massive formations.

WHy limit yourself to one game? I think I may buy this when I see it and play it alongside IL2.<div class="ev_tpc_signature">

--------------------------------------------------------------------
    "I despise what you say; I will defend to the death your right to say it."
    -Voltaire

Ive been thinking about picking this title up

the photo in the cockpit is what i'd like to stare at in Il2<div class="ev_tpc_signature">

Join the Communist Party!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RAF74_Raptor:
    Ive been thinking about picking this title up </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

They have it at Game in England for about 10 pounds, if I remember rightly. I bought it at Christmas.
    I'm having trouble mapping the controls, so haven't got very far with it. The 'essentials' link on the site is unfortunately 'down'.<div class="ev_tpc_signature">

<span class="ev_code_PINK">My Aim is True.</span>

leitmotiv's Avatar Senior Member
    It has some definite advantages, like 6 DOF, excellent FMs, daft AI (AI can stall!), recognizable UK terrain, 1940's London smog, a flyable 110C, and assaults on an entire Gruppe of German bombers. Downside is rather last gen airplane textures. A big plus: was designed by dedicated B of Brit fans, is a labor of love, and Shockwave continues to develop it from patch to patch. I think it is a diamond in the rough. The 6 DOF puts it miles ahead of IL-2 46 in the situational awareness department.

I asked Santa for this game for Christmas but he couldn't find it anywhere.

Does anyone know where this can be had here in the states? I just checked our local NC Wally World but to no avail. I know I can get it off EBAY for full purchase price, but I'm going to keep that as an "alternate choice".

So anyone know?

Thanks,

Frank

leitmotiv's Avatar Senior Member
    Direct from Shockwave may be your best deal:

http://www.shockwaveproductions.com/bob/

Oy! Thanks

Page 1 of 6 123 ... Last ►►