UbiBuck_'s Avatar Community Developer

Developer Update: Spells, Traps... and Farts

Hey everyone, it’s Buck here. This week is going to be a busy one! We’re bringing you FIVE card usage events (four 24-hour events and a weekend event), a hot-fix (more info below) and a brand new card, plus some info about some balance changes that will be coming next month. Take a seat and settle in, while I bring you this information!
    THIS WEEK

Here’s this week’s Weekly Timetable:

Welcome to SPELL WEEK, New Kid! This week we’re taking some time to appreciate some of our favorite Spells in each theme. The 24-hour events will all be card use events, with a heavy emphasis on spell usage. I’ll list the card lists for each event below.

On Monday, August 26th, we'll have a Sci-Fi 🤖👾 focused Card Usage and Double PvP tickets IN PVP PACKS ONLY. There’s currently a bug that was introduced in update 4.1.0 that caused the 2x lockers to not work correctly for PvP tickets and cash. This will be fixed with the 4.1.1 hotfix coming out on Tuesday , so it should work correctly for the remainder of the week’s events.

• Mind Control
    • Poison
    • Hyperdrive
    • Enforcer Jimmy
    • Sixth Element Randy
    • Program Stan
    • Super Fart
    • Lightning Bolt
    • Powerbind
    • Transmogrify
    • Dogpoo

On Tuesday, August 27th, the Card list is focused on Mystical📿 :

• Hallelujah
    • Unholy Combustion
    • Energy Staff
    • Witch Doctor Token
    • Friar Jimmy
    • Father Maxi
    • The Chomper
    • Fireball
    • Сoсk Magic
    • Hyperdrive
    • Marcus

On Wednesday, August 28th, we’ll have the Spells, Traps and Farts Challenge. In this Challenge, all spells and traps will be one cost. Also, ❌Youth Pastor Craig ❌ will cost 10 energy during this challenge, so you won’t be able to use him as a way to block your opponent’s spells this time! UNLEASH THE FULL POWER OF YOUR PHONE!

The 24-hour event will be focused on Adventure🔫 this time and the card list is:

• Fireball
    • Arrowstorm
    • Lightning Bolt
    • Hookhand Clyde
    • Storyteller Jimmy
    • Incan Craig
    • Super Fart
    • Transmogrify
    • Unholy Combustion
    • Poison
    • Towelie

On Thursday, August 29th, we’ll continue the theme of the week and focus on the Fantasy theme. The card list will be:

• Сoсk Magic
    • Transmogrify
    • Grand Wizard Cartman
    • Rogue Token
    • Paladin Butters
    • Mr. Slave
    • The Chomper
    • Lightning Bolt
    • Regeneration
    • Freeze Ray
    • Nelly

On Friday, August 30th, the weekend event will start and we’ll introduce a brand new trap card to the game. The new trap will be “LAVA!”🔥🔥.

This new trap is HOT! It will cause damage over time (DoT) and slow enemies that walk through it. The lifetime of the trap is 30 seconds. The Damage values will be:

Level Damage
    1 7
    2 9
    3 11
    4 14
    5 18
    6 25
    7 33

The card list for Friday's event is as follows:

• Lava!
    • Tupperware
    • The Coon
    • Toolshed
    • Human Kite
    • Fast Pass
    • Professor Chaos
    • Canadian Knight Ike
    • Angel Wendy
    • Marine Craig
    • Sheriff Cartman
    • Pidgeon Gang

❗❗Remember that during Card Usage events, cards can be boosted up. This will allow you (if you've got a compatible card leveled up) to try Professor Chaos and LAVA! at a higher level! Important to note: trap cards can be boosted by character cards. Lava! can be boosted by Tupperware and The Chomper can be boosted by Mosquito.

You'll need to earn 45 points to finish the 24-hour events and the weekend event will require 100 points for solo and 2000 as a team

UPDATE 4.1.1

On Tuesday, we’ll be pushing out a hotfix for some issues. The following fixes are included:

• Fixed an issue with Professor Chaos’ card description in some languages
    • Fixed an issue introduced in 4.1.0 where the 2x lockers would not give double rewards for some currencies
    • Fixed an issue where Professor Chaos could damage friendly units with his Warcry
    • Fixed an issue introduced in 4.1.0 where external music would stop playing when you launch the app

BALANCE CHANGES

With the next season reset, on Tuesday, September 3rd we'll be rolling out some balance changes. We're making the following changes:

[SCI-FI] Sixth-Element Randy - Base attack increased to 85 (from 75) and charge time reduced to 14.6 seconds (from 15)

[FANTASY] Witch Garrison - Base HP increased to 375 (from 300), charge time reduced to 8 seconds (from 10) and ability radius increased to 4 (from 2.5)

Summary of changes: Sixth Element Randy wasn't performing as well as we wanted when compared to his epic counterparts and other legendary cards. We wanted him to hit a bit harder and have the ability to spawn more Auto-Vacuums.

Witch Garrison's ability was inconsistent and the smaller radius sometimes meant you could miss units that weren't close enough. With the changes we made, we wanted him to be able to use his ability more often and allow him to survive longer on the field.

DISCORD

In case you missed it: We have opened the official “South Park: Phone Destroyer Discord Server”. If you’re interested in joining, click HERE

Please review the following Terms of Use and Policies before joining the Discord, as you’ll need to agree to these terms before gaining access.
    🔷 Ubisoft Terms of Use: https://legal.ubi.com/termsofuse/
    🔶 Ubisoft Privacy Policy: https://legal.ubi.com/privacypolicy/
    🔷Discord Community Guidelines: https://discordapp.com/guidelines
    🔶 Discord Terms of Service: https://discordapp.com/terms

One more quick note before we go! We previously announced that we'd be fully releasing all card that came before Professor Chaos into full release on Monday, September 2nd. We decided that we were going to do this a bit earlier and moved that to this Friday, August 30th.

And remember, if you haven't spent all of your Eternity Gems do that ASAP, as on Monday, September 2nd, those packs will be removed from the shop and all unspent tokens will be lost.

That's all I've got for now. Be sure to join the Discord server above by clicking on the image and chat with the rest of the community and with the Community Managers

Until next time, we’ll see you on the streets of South Park!

-Your Community Team!

[EDIT:]

On Friday we'll be pushing out an asset bundle for the event and new card. This will also contain some fixes for Tupperware.

Tupperware will no longer be affected by: Warboy Tweek, Robin Tweek or Astronaut Butters. He will also no longer be targeted by Hercules or Dwarf King Clyde or Four-Assed Monkey deathwish. Dragonslayer Red's Warcry will no longer reduce his health. Lastly, he will no longer be damaged by The Chomper.
     1 people found this helpful

Developer Update: Spells, Traps... and Farts

Hey everyone, it’s Buck here. This week is going to be a busy one! We’re bringing you FIVE card usage events (four 24-hour events and a weekend event), a hot-fix (more info below) and a brand new card, plus some info about some balance changes that will be coming next month. Take a seat and settle in, while I bring you this information!
    THIS WEEK

Here’s this week’s Weekly Timetable:

Welcome to SPELL WEEK, New Kid! This week we’re taking some time to appreciate some of our favorite Spells in each theme. The 24-hour events will all be card use events, with a heavy emphasis on spell usage. I’ll list the card lists for each event below.

On Monday, August 26th, we'll have a Sci-Fi 🤖👾 focused Card Usage and Double PvP tickets IN PVP PACKS ONLY. There’s currently a bug that was introduced in update 4.1.0 that caused the 2x lockers to not work correctly for PvP tickets and cash. This will be fixed with the 4.1.1 hotfix coming out on Tuesday , so it should work correctly for the remainder of the week’s events.

• Mind Control
    • Poison
    • Hyperdrive
    • Enforcer Jimmy
    • Sixth Element Randy
    • Program Stan
    • Super Fart
    • Lightning Bolt
    • Powerbind
    • Transmogrify
    • Dogpoo

On Tuesday, August 27th, the Card list is focused on Mystical📿 :

• Hallelujah
    • Unholy Combustion
    • Energy Staff
    • Witch Doctor Token
    • Friar Jimmy
    • Father Maxi
    • The Chomper
    • Fireball
    • Сoсk Magic
    • Hyperdrive
    • Marcus

On Wednesday, August 28th, we’ll have the Spells, Traps and Farts Challenge. In this Challenge, all spells and traps will be one cost. Also, ❌Youth Pastor Craig ❌ will cost 10 energy during this challenge, so you won’t be able to use him as a way to block your opponent’s spells this time! UNLEASH THE FULL POWER OF YOUR PHONE!

The 24-hour event will be focused on Adventure🔫 this time and the card list is:

• Fireball
    • Arrowstorm
    • Lightning Bolt
    • Hookhand Clyde
    • Storyteller Jimmy
    • Incan Craig
    • Super Fart
    • Transmogrify
    • Unholy Combustion
    • Poison
    • Towelie

On Thursday, August 29th, we’ll continue the theme of the week and focus on the Fantasy theme. The card list will be:

• Сoсk Magic
    • Transmogrify
    • Grand Wizard Cartman
    • Rogue Token
    • Paladin Butters
    • Mr. Slave
    • The Chomper
    • Lightning Bolt
    • Regeneration
    • Freeze Ray
    • Nelly

On Friday, August 30th, the weekend event will start and we’ll introduce a brand new trap card to the game. The new trap will be “LAVA!”🔥🔥.

This new trap is HOT! It will cause damage over time (DoT) and slow enemies that walk through it. The lifetime of the trap is 30 seconds. The Damage values will be:

Level Damage
    1 7
    2 9
    3 11
    4 14
    5 18
    6 25
    7 33

The card list for Friday's event is as follows:

• Lava!
    • Tupperware
    • The Coon
    • Toolshed
    • Human Kite
    • Fast Pass
    • Professor Chaos
    • Canadian Knight Ike
    • Angel Wendy
    • Marine Craig
    • Sheriff Cartman
    • Pidgeon Gang

❗❗Remember that during Card Usage events, cards can be boosted up. This will allow you (if you've got a compatible card leveled up) to try Professor Chaos and LAVA! at a higher level! Important to note: trap cards can be boosted by character cards. Lava! can be boosted by Tupperware and The Chomper can be boosted by Mosquito.

You'll need to earn 45 points to finish the 24-hour events and the weekend event will require 100 points for solo and 2000 as a team

UPDATE 4.1.1

On Tuesday, we’ll be pushing out a hotfix for some issues. The following fixes are included:

• Fixed an issue with Professor Chaos’ card description in some languages
    • Fixed an issue introduced in 4.1.0 where the 2x lockers would not give double rewards for some currencies
    • Fixed an issue where Professor Chaos could damage friendly units with his Warcry
    • Fixed an issue introduced in 4.1.0 where external music would stop playing when you launch the app

BALANCE CHANGES

With the next season reset, on Tuesday, September 3rd we'll be rolling out some balance changes. We're making the following changes:

[SCI-FI] Sixth-Element Randy - Base attack increased to 85 (from 75) and charge time reduced to 14.6 seconds (from 15)

[FANTASY] Witch Garrison - Base HP increased to 375 (from 300), charge time reduced to 8 seconds (from 10) and ability radius increased to 4 (from 2.5)

Summary of changes: Sixth Element Randy wasn't performing as well as we wanted when compared to his epic counterparts and other legendary cards. We wanted him to hit a bit harder and have the ability to spawn more Auto-Vacuums.

Witch Garrison's ability was inconsistent and the smaller radius sometimes meant you could miss units that weren't close enough. With the changes we made, we wanted him to be able to use his ability more often and allow him to survive longer on the field.

DISCORD

In case you missed it: We have opened the official “South Park: Phone Destroyer Discord Server”. If you’re interested in joining, click HERE

Please review the following Terms of Use and Policies before joining the Discord, as you’ll need to agree to these terms before gaining access.
    🔷 Ubisoft Terms of Use: https://legal.ubi.com/termsofuse/
    🔶 Ubisoft Privacy Policy: https://legal.ubi.com/privacypolicy/
    🔷Discord Community Guidelines: https://discordapp.com/guidelines
    🔶 Discord Terms of Service: https://discordapp.com/terms

One more quick note before we go! We previously announced that we'd be fully releasing all card that came before Professor Chaos into full release on Monday, September 2nd. We decided that we were going to do this a bit earlier and moved that to this Friday, August 30th.

And remember, if you haven't spent all of your Eternity Gems do that ASAP, as on Monday, September 2nd, those packs will be removed from the shop and all unspent tokens will be lost.

That's all I've got for now. Be sure to join the Discord server above by clicking on the image and chat with the rest of the community and with the Community Managers

Until next time, we’ll see you on the streets of South Park!

-Your Community Team!

[EDIT:]

On Friday we'll be pushing out an asset bundle for the event and new card. This will also contain some fixes for Tupperware.

Tupperware will no longer be affected by: Warboy Tweek, Robin Tweek or Astronaut Butters. He will also no longer be targeted by Hercules or Dwarf King Clyde or Four-Assed Monkey deathwish. Dragonslayer Red's Warcry will no longer reduce his health. Lastly, he will no longer be damaged by The Chomper.

Hi Buck !

Good to hear there will be some card usage events and the balance changes are nice. There are plenty other cards which could use some treatment.

And I just wanted to ask if you gonna make the loots in events a little bit better. I got one amazingly randy in my last solo pack... that’s very very frustrating, because it happend the last 4-5 times that my last packs didn’t contained better rewards. My NK is Level 22 and I‘m playing in the legendary rank.

Good to see an update with lots of info and all the details on this week's events. Thanks!

Now we´re all just eagerly waiting for the incan nerf.

*re-introduced

You're welcome.

Originally Posted by Julianh887 Go to original post
    Now we´re all just eagerly waiting for the incan nerf.
    Let me guess you're a mystical user , yous have had it so good for so long and still have it so good , the minute adventure get 1 decent buff , there is uproar in the mystical camp , tough **** learn how to deal with Incan and stop Playing the victim.
     4 people found this helpful

Still banned

That's all nice and dandy and all but my account is still banned for having the username jap0005. Don't see how this could be considered offensive given the content of the game and show or how you'll could take more than all weekend to remedy the situation for me and make me miss the dragon slayer red event. Please get your **** together

Originally Posted by jap0005 Go to original post
    That's all nice and dandy and all but my account is still banned for having the username jap0005. Don't see how this could be considered offensive given the content of the game and show or how you'll could take more than all weekend to remedy the situation for me and make me miss the dragon slayer red event. Please get your **** together
    FKNJap is what you were banned for. You ban is temporary and should be reverted later this week.

Originally Posted by jap0005 Go to original post
    FKNJap is what you were banned for. You ban is temporary and should be reverted later this week.

Wow the one card event you do has to be all terrible cards so we have to grind awesome

I shouldn't be surprised, so many topics on this board talking about token events and how there broke and in need of change. And yet here we are another week down the line you ignored everyone.

Greed at its finest.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... Last ►►