Rank 5 legendary heroes

So I now have gotten 4 legendary heroes to rank 5, as below.

I would of thought based on power ratings and the categories that these legendary heroes would be the best heroes of their role in the game. But in fact this is not true. In most cases they are far worse than epic heroes of the same role. For example Girolamo with the setup below is rating 3305 but is far worse than Alvaro at rank 2500 or so (with tier 5 weapon and armour). The final story mission is way easier to complete with Alvaro than Girolamo. Similarly I am not able to complete most region 5 missions with Kassandra at this rating, whereas other DPS like Lucas are far better. Maria is the only 1 so far that seems better, in that her % chances are better.

Why is this the case?

Girolamo
    Power rating 3305
    Equipment: unique weapon, tier 5 armour, tier 5 belt
    Stat boost: attack, health and defence (A few slots each)

Maria
    Power rating 3150
    Equipment: tier 4 weapon, tier 4 armour, tier 4 belt
    Stat boost: none

Kassandra
    Power rating 3190
    Equipment: tier 5 weapon, tier 4 armour, tier 4 belt
    Stat boost: all (At least 1 slot each)

Alexios
    Power rating 3030
    Equipment: tier 4 weapon, tier 4 armour, tier 4 belt
    Stat boost: none

I noticed the same, with green heroes. At rank 3, Bea was wayyy better than Gir at rank 3. Jorge is my main tank because at 5 he's significantly better than Dom and Jean at 5. I find his abilities better. Also Bart is the best dps at rank 5 vs his counterparts.
    I suspected this was due to the elite training gold sink, but now that you write it out, I'm asking why improve legendaries when you have better ones in place?
    Ofc Ag is still the best assassin, with Najma close second.

Indeed, why are certain legendaries 20% best in class an others not better at all?

I think you probably touch on the reason there: abilities. But even with different abilities legendary heroes should be better than epics, and epics should be better than rare, and rare should be better than common.

1 of the ridiculous cases is Gaspar. He is still my best healer. Claudia at rank 5 probably is better but I need to complete more achievements for that. And Angela is way worse due to her abilities. Likewise with Aleksei.

Originally Posted by StuntmanDan84 Go to original post
    1 of the ridiculous cases is Gaspar. He is still my best healer. Claudia at rank 5 probably is better but I need to complete more achievements for that.
    Gaspar rank 5: 20% health restored + guaranteed 20% health over 10 ticks
    Claudia rank 5: 21% health restored + 25% chance for 15% health over 4 ticks

Unless you want to make use of the other tools in her skillset like stealth or „merciful killer“ or her higher agility: No, as a healer she won’t be better then Gaspar.

Agreed. She'd need alot of crit to beat Gaspar, although she has higher power. Gaspar can take more hits too. I'd rather stack dodge for survivability and better healing.
    Another perfect example of better abilities on lower ranks.

To be honest I’ve barely used Claudia. As you say she isn’t a better healer, and if I want a healer I’m not really relying on them for other things.

To update my original post, I now have Maria equipped with her unique 5* weapon and 5* armour. And I must say she is the 1st rank 5 legendary to impress me. In the current event, on grandmaster difficulty she is the MVP. Stealth and assassination % are always high, but more impressively she could actually win several direct confrontations with enemies over 6k.

Yeah I have her at 4 with T4 gear and she's one of my favorites. Again, it's abilities. The only reason I like Najma more is she disarms and lockpicks. I still don't understand some rares having 9 abilities and legendaries having just 3.
    And really, for example, Tereysa should be aoe class.

Also, since she's legendary it only seems right that after reaching a certain rank/placing/level her hubby be converted to legendary too!

Oh, and congratulations!

The final story mission is way easier to complete with Alvaro than Girolamo.
    I've wasted numerous attacks on this final mission with Lucas and Alvaro. Both at rank 5, using level 5 weapons, armor and accessories. I guess you'd have to be extremely lucky with traps and critical hits to win it.
    On the other hand, as soon as his unique sword was ready, Girolamo won the battle in my first attempt. I hadn't even tried him before, after reading comments like the above.

To be honest I’ve barely used Claudia. As you say she isn’t a better healer, and if I want a healer I’m not really relying on them for other things.

To update my original post, I now have Maria equipped with her unique 5* weapon and 5* armour. And I must say she is the 1st rank 5 legendary to impress me. In the current event, on grandmaster difficulty she is the MVP. Stealth and assassination % are always high, but more impressively she could actually win several direct confrontations with enemies over 6k.
    Put some point to Evade for Maria, she heals when Evade !
    And Get Jean to 5*, he can pass some high levels all alone