What was with that ending? [spoilers]

That ending was so nonsensical. Kassandra doesn't even consider all of the innocent Isu when she decides to destroy Atlantis. She basically said, well Juno and her husband are bad and Posideons sons are dicks, so we gotta destroy the city. No other way around it. It's not like all of the Isu were bad. The woman who risked her life to help Kassandra find the kids parents for example. It even showed her in one of the city being destroyed scenes, so obviously the writers didn't forget about her. It's not like all of the humans were good either. For example, the humans who murdered one of Posideons, Sons, kids.

Then, theres this whole thing with Layla. Layla gets power hungry then kills her friend, Victoria, for no freaking reason. Aleitha realizes that she screwed up picking Layla, then tells Layla that she isn't worthy of the staff because she is a freaking power hungry psycho, but then Aleitha gives in to her just because she was tired of hearing Layla whine about it. Wtf was that, seriously? There is no way in hell, Layla should have that staff. She is power hungry and selfish as hell. Then Layla fights Otto Berg, who knows that the staff is a powerful artifact, yet chooses to fight someone wielding it and chooses to use a sword instead of a gun too. Then Layla brags about how the staff makes her immortal, then she stabs him in the back to finish him off, but for some reason that doesn't finish him off, then she spares him because you know, you can't kill Abstergos number 1 hitman who has killed tons of assassins, because that would be wrong, but you can kill your best friend Victoria, who hasn't hurt anyone, that's all good. Then Layla starts panicing because she doesn't know how to get out of there, then she walks up to Victorias corpse and pretends like she cares about Victoria for a second, then she sees Victorias earpiece and is all smiles and she pretends that Victoria was looking out for her from up above. Wtf, you just killed her you psycho, I seriously doubt she is looking out for you. Then the person Layla is talking to doesn't even ask why Layla has Victorias earpiece then Layla gets back into the Animus even though Otto Berg is laying there alive and he can just crawl over there, pick up the staff, heal himself then murder Layla, which I hope is what ends up happening because Layla is a piece of crap.

Seriously Ubisoft, hire some better writers.
     6 people found this helpful

Originally Posted by JHemp12 Go to original post
    That ending was so nonsensical. Kassandra doesn't even consider all of the innocent Isu when she decides to destroy Atlantis. She basically said, well Juno and her husband are bad and Posideons sons are dicks, so we gotta destroy the city. No other way around it. It's not like all of the Isu were bad. The woman who risked her life to help Kassandra find the kids parents for example. It even showed her in one of the city being destroyed scenes, so obviously the writers didn't forget about her. It's not like all of the humans were good either. For example, the humans who murdered one of Posideons, Sons, kids.

Then, theres this whole thing with Layla. Layla gets power hungry then kills her friend, Victoria, for no freaking reason. Aleitha realizes that she screwed up picking Layla, then tells Layla that she isn't worthy of the staff because she is a freaking power hungry psycho, but then Aleitha gives in to her just because she was tired of hearing Layla whine about it. Wtf was that, seriously? There is no way in hell, Layla should have that staff. She is power hungry and selfish as hell. Then Layla fights Otto Berg, who knows that the staff is a powerful artifact, yet chooses to fight someone wielding it and chooses to use a sword instead of a gun too. Then Layla brags about how the staff makes her immortal, then she stabs him in the back to finish him off, but for some reason that doesn't finish him off, then she spares him because you know, you can't kill Abstergos number 1 hitman who has killed tons of assassins, because that would be wrong, but you can kill your best friend Victoria, who hasn't hurt anyone, that's all good. Then Layla starts panicing because she doesn't know how to get out of there, then she walks up to Victorias corpse and pretends like she cares about Victoria for a second, then she sees Victorias earpiece and is all smiles and she pretends that Victoria was looking out for her from up above. Wtf, you just killed her you psycho, I seriously doubt she is looking out for you. Then the person Layla is talking to doesn't even ask why Layla has Victorias earpiece then Layla gets back into the Animus even though Otto Berg is laying there alive and he can just crawl over there, pick up the staff, heal himself then murder Layla, which I hope is what ends up happening because Layla is a piece of crap.

Seriously Ubisoft, hire some better writers.
    I thinks this Thread belongs in the Spoiler Forum

I was disappointed about the Ending too.

The only good thing is that we see Juno again and that the DLC try to explain how Odyssey is connected with the rest of the series something the main game should have do,

For the MD, I was so exited when the release the Heir of Memories mission and that the want to focus more on the MD in the DLC but the messed it up so badly. I don't know what I should think about Layla because her character is so badly written. She is so arrogant and everything she do is right because... she is the new protagonist. Image how cool it would be if atletheia made the wrong choice with her and Layla would be know the new MD Antagonist but no she is the Hero again....

The Devs said that the have a big surprise for MD Fans and this was Berg. But his appearance, dialog and fight was a joke. He was so badass in Rogue and Syndicate but now? Why did he even try to fight someone who has a Piece of Eden and why he goes ALONE to Atlantis?? We maybe never no because the next game will make and time skip again and forget the events the MD like odyssey did it with Origins.

I am with you Ubi should hire better writers and focus more on the story, many people wouldn't hate the MD if it would be meaningful again. Just look back at the Desmond Saga and take inspiration from that
     2 people found this helpful

UbiCosmos's Avatar Community Representative
    Hello JHemp12,

I am going to move this over to the Spoilers forum for you.

Funny because I just finished that tonight, and I was like Wtf? wait, that's the end?

fishbone76's Avatar Member
    Welcome to AAA games with mediocre writing. Bigger is not always better as we saw more than often enough now.

The maingame was partly good but both DLC were more bad than good regarding writing quality.

After more than one AAA company dissapointed me I learned my lesson and stopped pre-ordering. I just wished I'd learned that lesson before Odyssey.

Next stop Spiders AA Greedfall.
     2 people found this helpful

This post summed up my thoughts on episode 3. Writing was horrible.
    There has been horrible writing in the past (Origins and Unity) but at least in those two games they didn't break the lore. Well, the writers outdid themselves here.
    None of it made any sense.
    Desmond was heroic and willing to sacrifice himself for the world. Layla comes across as a selfish fangirl living out her worst power fantasies. Completely unsympathetic.
     1 people found this helpful

Mushashi7's Avatar Senior Member
    Graphics and effect is Ubisofts strongest side (or preferred side). And I got to hand it to them, they are really getting the hang of it. Beautiful games lately! You don't see graphics like this around the corner. Just look at the animations in the movements.

But, well... the story side. Hmm... yeah, well, the main story in Odyssey was actually good. There's nothing wrong with it at all. But it still feels as if the story is secondary all the way through.
    They also made several mistakes or 'woops' in Odyssey. I'm sure the reason is the focus on the graphics (and sound etc.).

I think Ubisoft still has the main view on the fancy graphics. The story is still - with all due respect - something secondary if you put graphics and story in separate scales. And maybe for a good reason since high level graphics amaze people (my self included).
    But I think the issue is not that bad. All they have to do is use some more time on the directing of the story. Some cut scenes are way to short.
    In cinema movies and TV-series they are aware of the term 'The Aesthetic of Silence'. It's a very powerful tool, especially for building up climaxes and anti-climaxes, portraits and making a statement worth while.I feel Ubisoft is afraid people will feel bored if silent moments are put into the game. There are a few of these moments in Odyssey, but they are still too short (The best is the scene with Kassandra making a pause before she tells Barnabas: "The Wolf of Sparta is my father")
    It's like there's an aura of squeamishness surrounding this? It's action, action and action. Fast pace all the way, and somehow this is tiring. I found my self having to close the game often just because of the fast pace dominating the game. My brain needs rest. Simple as that.

If Ubisoft want to create memorable games in the future they simply have to put more effort in the story. Well, that is if they want a wider range of customers. Role-players are used to much more than Odyssey offered. But I am fully aware this is a hard task according to the franchise. But maybe this is exactly what's needed to bring Assassin's Creed to a higher level? Keep the existing main idea and evolve the game by adding a thoroughly directed and written story. Avoid all the blind ends and frustrating errors by letting a group of players test before release, and if they find any then correct them. Let a small group of hardcore role-player play the game or hire a movie director or something!
     1 people found this helpful

Lol that's seriously what legit happens ? And people said I was wrong about layla being unworthy of the Staff. So they killed the awesome badass actual protagonist in favor of the **** modern day rebound girl, and then made the sacrifice even more pointless by turning her into a raging cu..vexed quim.