Bug: Can't load basegame because DLC is missing

Hey guys,

Me and a friend have been playing the basegame for some time and he managed to do to expedition which unlocked a third world.
    We continued playing but the next session, we could not start our save file up because we missed the "Sunken Treasures" DLC (A Reddit Post told us that third world was connected to the DLC, otherwise we wouldnt have been able to know as there was no information in the game that the following was DLC material).

Neither of us have the DLC yet the DLC expedition was apparently integrated into the game and we unknowingly participated in it, with no disclaimer and no purchase of the DLC.
    I'd assume this is a bug and the game is not intentionally forcing us to buy the DLC to keep our savefile.

Thank you in advance

Same problem on me.

Hello,

I came to the forum to report exactly the same problem.

Is Ubisoft trying to force us to spend another 25 euros for a DLC and thus technically get the same amount of money, while the gamescom promo is still running ?

Please fix this. The game did not make me aware at any time that it's a DLC and prompted me to do the expedition.

Edit: I just realised my uplay account says I own the DLC, but I clearly don't, because I only bought the Deluxe version without the season pass or the gold version. So it might be an uplay bug.

Best regards,

Stefan

Ubi-Mullac's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    Hey everyone,

We are looking into this issue, as of now I don't have a an ETA for the fix

Ill just 2nd this...I bought the game while it was on offer, put about 40hours in it, now I cant play my save game? I hope there will be some solution.

Imagine you go on a ship cruise, somebody points out that you should eat some cake while implying that it comes with the cruise, and after it turns out you cant continue the cruise till you dont cough up another 12€ for the cake they handed you for free with no warning signs.
    I mean, I understand that some S*** happened, but this looks goofy to me.

Basically I was so eager to continue my journey, but since this happened I didn't even touch the game.

It shall be said, im not here to judge, im just putting my two cents on the screen.

Ubi-Mullac's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    Yeah, I understand it's frustrating, we are looking to resolve this as soon as possible

Is it fixed yet? I just got the same issue today.

Same here. It seems that the DLC expedition for another new world(sunken treasures or so) was available though we only have the basegame. Please fix it so that we can continue with our savegame, we put a lot of hours into it.
     1 people found this helpful

Same Problem in Single Player

I've got the same problem with my single player campaign. I never even went to the new DLC world, but still I can't continue my safe game. I can't load an old safe because the complete 12 hours I put into the campaign needs the DLC. Please fix this as soon as possible.

Same for me, but I can't even buy the DLC because Uplay says i own it when I never bought it.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last ►►