Change language in Anno 2070

Hi all,

I want to play Anno 2070 again, but after installation, it turned into German. I can speak it, but I prefer the English version more. How can I change the language? Couldn't find the button ingame and I have no clue how to do it otherwise. I found one on the interwebs, but that one is obsolete now:

"Locate the file called "Engine.ini" for windows it'll be:
    C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\Ubisoft\ANNO 2070\Config

Open the file and located the line <LanguageTAG>ger</LanguageTAG> and change the ger to your preferred language, ie: <LanguageTAG>eng</LanguageTAG>

That one doesn't work, because there is no file found like that. Help?

My 2070 has one I just copy and pasted here <LanguageTAG>eng</LanguageTAG>. I'm still running windows 7. Now the thing is on windows 10 it might be another location. I;ll have to load it on my windows 10 computer. Then I'll see where it is located at.

Ok I reinstall the game 2070 and they are both in the same location on windows 7 & 10.

C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\Ubisoft\ANNO 2070\Config\Engine

UbiCosmos's Avatar Community Representative
    Hey there FlorisvdVeen,

Welcome to the forums! Are you playing on Steam? If so, here is how to change the language to English:

Library->ANNO 20170->Right click->properties->Language->You will be able to select English from this list.

I hope this helps you out!