Ubi-Watermelon's Avatar Community Representative

Y4S3 Operation Ember Rise - Patch notes and Test Server

Hello everyone,

The Y4S3 update will be deployed onto the Test Server today.

Time: 13:30 EST / 17:30 UTC

Operation Ember Rise Patchnotes can be read here >> rainbow6.com/EmberRise

Please bear in mind that all changes made in the TS are for testing purposes and do not have any guaranteed impact on the live-servers.

Report any bugs you encounter in the TS to >> R6FIX

Cheers,
    -Watermelon
     2 people found this helpful

vgrimr_J's Avatar Senior Member
    Still no sound bug fixes even tho that it should have been fixed THIS CURRENT SEASON.

what a joke.
     1 people found this helpful

WBBCoop's Avatar Senior Member
    Holy crap Mellon-dude!

There's obviously been some communication between the players and the devs. So many changes/additions that the community has been asking for.

-Unranked- Yea, I knew this had to come sooner or later. Hopefully it allows more time for squads to form so we don't have to do a 5 man only Ranked mode .

-Quitters- Yup, they've been asking for this one for a while. Good to see that 'Unranked' follows the same rule-set as ranked.

-Squad Team Killing- I'm not sure how that's gonna work out, but I'm hoping that it won't be abused for teams that wanted RFF at the get to. It's as close to no-FF as you can imagine.

-Grapple Gadget- It's been years since we all thought we were gonna get this, finally it happens! I'm excited to see how she works out!

-Rotational Casual Maps- Another thing I thought was going to be needed. I haven't seen any backlash about it yet, but I still think this is a good idea (bummer about plane leaving though ).

Overall, I think this is one of the best drops you guys have delivered so far. I'm excited for Sieges future..

PS. -Battle Pass- Meh, I think you're doing the right thing trying to slowly introduce a product that might be good for some but not others. No reason to simply bind it behind a paywall. The 2 tier thing seems legit for hardcore fans, yet rewarding for weekend players..

Thanks for all the hard work and for listening to your Base!
     4 people found this helpful

So, I'm a console player, (fyi, aka im pleb)

but I gotta ask: Why'd you give Dokkaebi and Glaz frags? I'd understand wanting Glaz players wanting to be a bit more viable in their loadouts, but Most Glaz players will usually go with the 3 Smoke Grenades that you give him

And Dokkaebi - Look, her phone calls (imo) are seriously infuriating to play against in both Ranked and casual, as it basically removes any skill, and say what you will, but Stuns at least made it fair to deal with her, but now that she gets frags, it's almost as if you decided to give her some type of automatic weapon, even though, Ops like IQ, and Capitao, who had much more challenging gadgets to use had them before hand, now have Flashes and Claymores respectively, personally, I think that the Glaz and Dokkaebi changes should be reverted, and given to Operators who assist in either more destructive purposes, like Buck and Sledge, or more offensive-team based ops like Finka.

Speaking of which, I appreciate the changes greatly made to Shotgun destruction and PVE overhaul, though, it's a shame you guys haven't thought about doing something like reworking Tachanka or Castle.

Originally Posted by Ubi-Watermelon Go to original post
    Hello everyone,

The Y4S3 update will be deployed onto the Test Server today.

Time: 13:30 EST / 17:30 UTC

Operation Ember Rise Patchnotes can be read here >> rainbow6.com/EmberRise

Please bear in mind that all changes made in the TS are for testing purposes and do not have any guaranteed impact on the live-servers.

Report any bugs you encounter in the TS to >> R6FIX

Cheers,
    -Watermelon
    So no sound fix and no word about why or whats going on. Cool cool.

Recycled weapons

Why cant they just slap a new skin on a gun idgaf about them changing the statistics of the gun just at least slap a new skin on it. Its boring and no point in coming out with some alright new operators if your gonna use the same **** gun. change recoil pattern damage rate of fire slap a new skin anything. Just some fresh guns would be nice and refreshing to the game.

One thing's still not clear for me since I FINALLY see some changes to Terrorist Hunt.

Will Solo Lone Wolf Terrorist hunt be finally playable WITHOUT an internet connection or we will we still be locked out if God forbid our connections are down ?

We've only been asking for OFFLINE Lone Wolf support since the launch in December 2015.

Idahou's Avatar Senior Member
    I really dont like recycled weapons. Its fine in generall, but it must have some logic... Phantom sights and this, its just mad. I guess there is some logic that warden as american using MPX, but there is no reasson for Nokk to use FMG. And in same way - why would Peru op use experimental german LMG? That LMG is even out of her character - she have device for quick entry and supprise infiltration and she will pick LMG as her weapon? Shotgun makes kinda sence, but supernova? I saw that weapon twice in 1000 hours of gameplay.
    Vector is fine i guess, and it kinda fits to volcano, but TSG makes no sence again.
    Either add new weapons or pick some more fitting or sencefull ones

That was negative and rest is just all good. Well, i dont like Smoke loosing nades, but i will deal it.

Gara hook as gadget looks cool and it can shake meta and standard tactics a litle bit. Volcan shields? Hm, not sure there, what if will be defence just overshielded? We didnt had chance to try new shields yet and here we go with this. But it looks like cool addition.

But mostly....

MOSTLY!

THIRD GAME MODE!

YEAH! Thanks!

There is few more big changes and all looks cool or at least good, okish. In the end its quite a big update and im wonder why there isnt more hype...

NATural22cHANce's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by WBBCoop Go to original post
    -Squad Team Killing- I'm not sure how that's gonna work out, but I'm hoping that it won't be abused for teams that wanted RFF at the get to. It's as close to no-FF as you can imagine. !
    Did they take the paragraph about this out or am I blind? I know I read it yesterday...

WBBCoop's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by NATural22cHANce Go to original post
    Did they take the paragraph about this out or am I blind? I know I read it yesterday...