Pulu.'s Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by Greedy_Juice69 Go to original post
    Sorry but... gold and below mostly dont know what they are talking about in terms of balancing. They just dont have the same level of gameplay and never will be able to make objective statements over weapon and gun balance.
    They already take too much input from those players resulting in stupid things like the nerf that made maverick borderline useless or no buffs for clash.
    I can already hear yall typing "arrogant fool" and "you just tryna be elitist".
    "best" balance ideas i have seen in this forums

-buff ela smg

-give twitch 15 zaps back (it was fun that almost everyone here cried that twitch is useless now)

-Slugs to all shotguns ( it would make example smoke super op)

-Bring all maps to ranked (ranked should be most competive, so it doesent need unbalanced maps, casual is for that)

-Take indication from lesion traps (lesion is powerful yes but that would be too strong nerf)

-IQ is apparently dead cos she doesent have frags anymore (lol)

-Give tatcher smg-11 (tatcher is one of the strongest operators in game already)

-Buff MPX (valkyrie is so strong she doesent need better gun)

-Nerf ash (ash is not that strong, yes people play him much but she is not that op that people make her in these forums)

-Nerf caveira (use drones, not so hard)

-Give nokk mp7 (cmoon, hes smg right now is meh but mp7...)

This list can go on, im so happy that people who play only casual or once a week cant make balance choises this game would be broken af.

And one thing with low level, low ranks and casual players is that everytime they wanna buff guns. Guns are just part of the game.

If you play this game justt for guns and kills this game is not for you.

Ubi-Watermelon's Avatar Community Representative
    Originally Posted by Slammin. Go to original post
    I think when using community input they should look at people based on their time spent in the game instead of their rank. If there is a copper who has spent 1000 hours in the game at least they have experience they can share. People from different ranks will have different opinions but all these different opinions should matter as long as they have spent X amount of hours in the game to a point where they understand what they are saying.
    Just to confirm, this is how it is currently done, Slammin.

Although I get the current thing is to just say "Only pro league players are listened to", everyone saying this naturally is just stating their opinion, but changes made in game are from a much larger data source than just 100 professional players.
     5 people found this helpful

xcel30's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by Ubi-Watermelon Go to original post

Although I get the current thing is to just say "Only pro league players are listened to", everyone saying this naturally is just stating their opinion, but changes made in game are from a much larger data source than just 100 professional players.
    If anything i feel like the rules of balancing have been more about what is percieved by the devs + what people complain about, last season pick & win rate has warden as same tier as tachanka and jager in the oposite never leaving too strong and overpicked, but i haven't heard a single whistle about jager. Blitz is considered apparently the most impossible character to fight back that always wins and must be nerfed by popular demand every patch, yet his pack rate and win rack crashed into the ground apparently, yet he has recieved more nerfs than buffs at this point, it's almost people forgot he was considered a joke character. Let's not get into the whole tachanka meme devs appear to like more as joke than make a viable character

My only complaint with the game is how the Navy Seals are using a MPX, which they dont. And then they give the same gun to the Secret Service, who use a P90, M4, and the MP5SD. The FBI used the M4 primarily not a UMP.

Major2's Avatar Senior Member
    Sorry but... gold and below mostly dont know what they are talking about in terms of balancing. They just dont have the same level of gameplay and never will be able to make objective statements over weapon and gun balance.
    They already take too much input from those players resulting in stupid things like the nerf that made maverick borderline useless or no buffs for clash.
    It's a video game. It does not require athletic talent. It doesn't require training or college. Any moron who cares way too much about playing a useless game can be good at it if they try hard enough. Just because there are people who love to play Siege but don't give 2 sh1ts about being plat or diamond doesn't mean they aren't able to "make objective statements over weapon and gun balance". Only someone trying way to hard to feel special about something totally meaningless would make such a stupid comment.
     2 people found this helpful

Originally Posted by Major2 Go to original post
    It's a video game. It does not require athletic talent. It doesn't require training or college. Any moron who cares way too much about playing a useless game can be good at it if they try hard enough. Just because there are people who love to play Siege but don't give 2 sh1ts about being plat or diamond doesn't mean they aren't able to "make objective statements over weapon and gun balance". Only someone trying way to hard to feel special about something totally meaningless would make such a stupid comment.
    I meant gadget and gun balance but doesnt matter same point anyway: If you try really hard or are just in plat and dia without trying you will need to get the most out of every operator to compete. Your arguements will always be subjective to your experiences with operators or guns and if you try really hard or are just a natural like for example macie you will find the upper border of an operators potential and judge by that.
    A while ago i saw a thread about shotguns being useless but if you watch for example macie play them you will see what wonders they can do.

Oh is that why theres still no sound fix for thise of us waiting for it on console.

WBBCoop's Avatar Senior Member
    changes made in game are from a much larger data source than just 100 professional players.
    I just have to thank you again for Mozzie. Personally, I think I had contributed at least a teensie weensie bit towards that operator .

..also..I would think that certain members here (cough) influenced a new 'unranked mode'.

You guys are doing fine..

I'm not going to disagree with you. I agree that the higher level players should be listened to more than the lower level players in terms of their knowledge of the game. But if there is a genuine copper with 1000 hours of experience I don't think Ubi should disregard this players opinion based on his skill. Skill doesn't equate to giving a fair and logical opinion. The game is so different between copper, silver/gold and diamond that all opinions should matter as long as it is reasonable and not the result of simply not being skilled or knowledgeable enough. I hope that makes sense

That's actually good to hear. I would've thought that surely you guys at Ubi would be smart enough to listen to ALL players as long the feedback is reasonable and thoughtful. There still seems to be a couple of things that cater to the pro league such as Warden as a whole. Most lackluster operator who is way too situational and made for the smoke plants in pro league. Pick and Ban while I was excited for it was definitely brought on by the pros and I'm starting to not like it any more. It makes no sense to have pick and ban when we don't know how random strangers on the internet play so whoever you ban could bite you in the *** if someone on your team can play that operator better than the opposing team. We don't know enough and never will to utilise pick and ban to its fullest