nrod3041's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by FindFixFinish Go to original post
    I don't think so.

I'm a certified match-leaver as well, even though leaving is still the obvious reason for joining ongoing matches.

Siege just has a lot of flaws that are susceptible to the effects of negative player behaviour.

I think it doesn't help that Siege is also a marketplace for in-game micro-transactions. It's a situation that distracts both players and Ubisoft from focusing on the quality of the match experience.

Aside from that, I think it might be a good idea to completely reset players stats and start again, with a new stat for quitting that directly affects matchmaking. It might have the positive affect of players trying to play more responsibly.
    Hmmmm..interesting suggestion at the end with a "quit" stat. That might make me hesitant somewhat methinks.

Easy solution:
    Menu: press “play casual game” = fresh game or maybe ongoing.

End of a game: press “find another match” or “keep playing with team” = fresh game.

So ppl, who leave mid game, come back to menu and might get another ongoing match.

Ppl who play till the end, get an ongoing match maybe just the first time.
     1 people found this helpful

WBBCoop's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by nrod3041 Go to original post
    Guilty as charged - I quit matches.

But, still, why not have an option to not join ongoing matches? I am sure some would opt for it, and some would not care. No?
    Because nobody would opt for it. That leaves the lobby vulnerable to trolls crashing games..because they know nobody is going to fill the ongoing match.

Originally Posted by nrod3041 Go to original post
    Hmmmm..interesting suggestion at the end with a "quit" stat. That might make me hesitant somewhat methinks.
    Well, that's where I was (and have been) coming from. I think there is already a 'quit' stat and the promise of getting into an ongoing match is directly tied to it.

Funny enough, I hardly ever get into an ongoing match and my wait times are so fast that I cant even lay a new skin on a single operator after I push the play button. And that's why I ask if you guys are quitting matches. I don't..ever. It's Casual..who cares.
     2 people found this helpful

Originally Posted by WBBCoop Go to original post
    Because nobody would opt for it. That leaves the lobby vulnerable to trolls crashing games..because they know nobody is going to fill the ongoing match.

Well, that's where I was (and have been) coming from. I think there is already a 'quit' stat and the promise of getting into an ongoing match is directly tied to it.

Funny enough, I hardly ever get into an ongoing match and my wait times are so fast that I cant even lay a new skin on a single operator after I push the play button. And that's why I ask if you guys are quitting matches. I don't..ever. It's Casual..who cares.
    ah the "its casual who cares?" argument.. Still as worthless as ever!
    I dunno if you've noticed but playing casually is a REAL pain in the a*s when every single game I load into, its already round 2 (0|2) and I'm yet again, put on the losing side, which is, as usual, getting stomped by smurfs (who for some reason ARENT in comp despite having the rank for it) or sweaty gold tards who had a bad round of comp, and is treating casual like the pro league, talking trash and all the fun stuff, just to stroke their ego!
    Normally, people are pretty pissed off after about.. 6 games that are exactly like that.
    I bloody hate it when people toss that "iTS CaSUaL" argument all the time. Its team, tactical shooter! WHY is asking for even a small amount of team work "taking the game too seriously"???
    Good for you, for not quitting matches, unfortunately I don't find any ounce of enjoyment when being pit against unwinnable odds. Thats ridiculous.

Raytheon...'s Avatar Senior Member
    Personally I like joining losing matches because I come in there often and stomp the bejesus out of the team that's 0-3'd.
    It's fun to take charge of chaos sometimes new players sometimes have no idea what to do and need help.

Siege needs more mentors and less people screaming HEY ******* DONT REINFORCE THAT

Originally Posted by Gravemind01 Go to original post
    I dunno if you've noticed but playing casually is a REAL pain in the a*s when every single game I load into, its already round 2 (0|2) and I'm yet again, put on the losing side, which is, as usual, getting stomped by smurfs (who for some reason ARENT in comp despite having the rank for it) or sweaty gold tards who had a bad round of comp, and is treating casual like the pro league, talking trash and all the fun stuff, just to stroke their ego!
    Normally, people are pretty pissed off after about.. 6 games that are exactly like that.
    I bloody hate it when people toss that "iTS CaSUaL" argument all the time. Its team, tactical shooter! WHY is asking for even a small amount of team work "taking the game too seriously"???
    Good for you, for not quitting matches, unfortunately I don't find any ounce of enjoyment when being pit against unwinnable odds. Thats ridiculous.
    I was with you right until the end. I completely agree with your stance on the people who say "iTs OnLy CaSuAl". It drives me crazy. Casual shouldn't be an excuse to be an idiot and troll.

The only thing I will say is that there is no such thing as unwinnable odds. It's just a mindset thing as every game I'm in I always play to the end thinking that our luck can turn at any time. That's not to say that I have never quit a game. I have quit games of casual before but that's only when people are trolling and tking and I don't want to put up with that bullsh*t. I've played plenty of games where I have been on both ends of a reverse sweep. Unfortunately some people such as yourself with what you are implying, leave when they are 0-2 or 0-3 down without thinking about the games where teams have come back from that kind of deficit. It's a game of momentum and that momentum can change at any time even if you are 1 second away from defeat. This isn't meant to be a dig at you at all but is just an observation of the different mentalities that people have when playing the game. The reason I play until the end of games is because when I played sports as a kid I was taught that it's rude and disrespectful to your opponents to just leave the field when you are getting smacked around. These are just my thoughts

You mean going a gold 4 (my only comp stat cuz.. well comp is horrible right now) going up against plats and diamonds not to mention smurfs ISNT unwinnable odds?
    The hell kind of game are you playing? Cuz I want in.

Originally Posted by Slammin. Go to original post
    I was with you right until the end. I completely agree with your stance on the people who say "iTs OnLy CaSuAl". It drives me crazy. Casual shouldn't be an excuse to be an idiot and troll.

The only thing I will say is that there is no such thing as unwinnable odds. It's just a mindset thing as every game I'm in I always play to the end thinking that our luck can turn at any time. That's not to say that I have never quit a game. I have quit games of casual before but that's only when people are trolling and tking and I don't want to put up with that bullsh*t. I've played plenty of games where I have been on both ends of a reverse sweep. Unfortunately some people such as yourself with what you are implying, leave when they are 0-2 or 0-3 down without thinking about the games where teams have come back from that kind of deficit. It's a game of momentum and that momentum can change at any time even if you are 1 second away from defeat. This isn't meant to be a dig at you at all but is just an observation of the different mentalities that people have when playing the game. The reason I play until the end of games is because when I played sports as a kid I was taught that it's rude and disrespectful to your opponents to just leave the field when you are getting smacked around. These are just my thoughts
    I've been on both sides as well, but I can ASSURE you that while it IS a mindset I do have from time to time, (due to salt levels rising to critical) It's most definitely unwinnable when siege throws me into (80% of the time) 0/2 games.
    I TRY to keep a positive mindset when it happens, but after the 9th damn time I tend to already start spiraling down into the salt mines.

WBBCoop's Avatar Senior Member
    It's not an argument, it's just a frame of mind I have eventually gotten to realize over the years I've been playing. The general term is that we can play any operator, experiment with any strat, do what we want when we're not on our game..and try to make acquaintances while doing so. I don't feel like I have to produce and I don't expect anything from anyone else.

It does not mean I have to try to win, nor does it mean that I need a cohesive team every time. I roll with the punches.

I've been there too mate! ..and yea it grinds on the best of us. But honestly, after a while of that crap I just got used to it and pawned it off as an easy way to make a small bit of renown and chip away at the alpha pack %, quickly.

I don't know why the other players left. It could be to troll the team, or rage quit..or DC'd. I just accepted the fact that I got into a match with hard odds that needed to either be taken with a grain of salt or try to come back. I've done both depending on how the team reacts..and I'm also no slouch when I have to. I've come back from many 0-2 matches..and lost many more. But, it's still just a game in the end (casually speaking)

I know a lot of people don't like to hear the casual speak (although I don't know why you ret@rd the phrase). But I'm just trying to help with the ongoing match thing. I think there is a 'quit' stat being used..and that's my point. Casually speaking is what Ubi defines it as, not me. Get frustrated and leave and you might be liable to join ongoing matches. I mean..why, if you're a habitual quitter, not be primarily placed into ongoing matches?

Yea, it's a team based tactical shooter (as you said)..but there are so many players that don't think of it that way. They think it's a tactical shooter that has teams..and they don't even want to join up with one other person. I know this for a fact when it comes to these issues because you cant get voted in a duo and you probably wont get into an ongoing match with a duo or more. So..in the long run, it's a comp Casual mode, with the issue of soloist's having the major part of the problems. It's not that you hate being casual, it's that you can't form any groups. If there are so many solo players frustrated with the ongoing match mechanics..then why not at least try to form session groups of at least two?..after all..it's a team based tactical casual shooter..right?

Then quit. But understand that you might be subject to the MM system. No reason to change it because of players taking casual too seriously.

Originally Posted by WBBCoop Go to original post
    It's not an argument, it's just a frame of mind I have eventually gotten to realize over the years I've been playing. The general term is that we can play any operator, experiment with any strat, do what we want when we're not on our game..and try to make acquaintances while doing so. I don't feel like I have to produce and I don't expect anything from anyone else.

It does not mean I have to try to win, nor does it mean that I need a cohesive team every time. I roll with the punches.

I've been there too mate! ..and yea it grinds on the best of us. But honestly, after a while of that crap I just got used to it and pawned it off as an easy way to make a small bit of renown and chip away at the alpha pack %, quickly.

I don't know why the other players left. It could be to troll the team, or rage quit..or DC'd. I just accepted the fact that I got into a match with hard odds that needed to either be taken with a grain of salt or try to come back. I've done both depending on how the team reacts..and I'm also no slouch when I have to. I've come back from many 0-2 matches..and lost many more. But, it's still just a game in the end (casually speaking)

I know a lot of people don't like to hear the casual speak (although I don't know why you ret@rd the phrase). But I'm just trying to help with the ongoing match thing. I think there is a 'quit' stat being used..and that's my point. Casually speaking is what Ubi defines it as, not me. Get frustrated and leave and you might be liable to join ongoing matches. I mean..why, if you're a habitual quitter, not be primarily placed into ongoing matches?

Yea, it's a team based tactical shooter (as you said)..but there are so many players that don't think of it that way. They think it's a tactical shooter that has teams..and they don't even want to join up with one other person. I know this for a fact when it comes to these issues because you cant get voted in a duo and you probably wont get into an ongoing match with a duo or more. So..in the long run, it's a comp Casual mode, with the issue of soloist's having the major part of the problems. It's not that you hate being casual, it's that you can't form any groups. If there are so many solo players frustrated with the ongoing match mechanics..then why not at least try to form session groups of at least two?..after all..it's a team based tactical casual shooter..right?

Then quit. But understand that you might be subject to the MM system. No reason to change it because of players taking casual too seriously.
    Look unlike you I'm not content with how bullsh*t this game is alot of the time, and also unlike you I want bloody change, as do alot of people.
    So for the love of god if you feel the need to continue your "just do [INSERT "SOLUTION" HERE]" speech, save it. Normally I'd appreciate this kind thing but good lord has it gotten old.
    People shouldn't be FORCED to have to play through genuine horrible games, I don't get some kind of enjoyment out of getting an extra 100 renown like you do, I don't understand how you could either way.
    I find enjoyment in getting to play the damn game, where peoples sole purpose isn't to (above all else) get kills and play in the casual pro leagues.