PING ABUSING! how to fix it for the devs.

simple solution is to set max ping to 80 MAX for ranked
    other solution can be to throw high ping players to play against high ping players.

And yes ping over 100 gives you the advantage. you are way harder to hit(shots go through you) and you see enemies first.

Please address this issue.

90% of my matches look like this.

I think this term "ping abusing" needs to go away. It sounds completely awful and it's probably just wrong a lot of the time.

Originally Posted by Feikas156 Go to original post
    and you see enemies first.

This is 100% not true in the slightest little bit. I play with a constant ping of 180ms. There is literally nothing I can do about it. Living in South Africa, we have the infrastructure but Ubi simply refuses to implement servers here so we're stuck with high ping and I can tell you for an absolute FACT that it is not an advantage.

We get killed by ghosts, we can't hold angles and shots just simply don't register at all. I wouldn't wish having high ping on my worst enemy and I'd kill to have 60ms ping let alone anything below that.

As for your suggestion to put high ping players against other high ping players, that I fully agree with! I can understand that playing against a high ping player could get annoying, but saying we have an advantage and we see you first is simply not true

croken717's Avatar Senior Member
    The issue that nobody seems to understand is distance. As an Apps System Engineer in Virginia, I can send data files to a server in North Carolina relatively quickly. But, when I send those exact same files to a server in Montana, it takes many times longer. It's the same network infrastructure, and stringent guidelines at my company keep the server hardware and software on the same levels. That said, the low-ping player's actions are always going to make it to the server FIRST, with a timestamp ahead of the the high-ping player. So, to keep the low-pinger from always winning, Ubisoft absolutely MUST be trying to compensate for that at the server level, perhaps giving high-ping players a grace period to try to level the playing field. However, it is my belief that the configuration for that, well....sucks, and is broken...leaving the high-pingers with an unintended advantage, as us low-ping players whiff ghosts. High-ping shouldn't matter, IF the server configuration and network coding is done correctly. The truth is however, that they simply didn't do a good job with this, and it doesn't work as they designed it to.

croken717's Avatar Senior Member
    I also echo OP's sentiments about having a full stack of low-pingers, against a full stack of high-pingers. That happens a lot. It's not a mix. It's generally lop-sided. WTF?

As a person with high ping, I can guarantee that I in no way have any advantage over you. I have every disadvantage possible.

I have had times where I am shot by people I can't see due to the already poor character model displacements on this game, having high ping to makes it worse. My shots don't register more commonly than a normal pingers, and there are times where my ping will spike and I'll just be stuck in a doorway as an easy kill for anyone lucky enough to run by.

Rephrase: Why does my ping kill me more than it helps me?
     1 people found this helpful

just watch this video, ok? ok.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXEmbUkDkgo
     2 people found this helpful

Originally Posted by Hope-Rises Go to original post
    just watch this video, ok? ok.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXEmbUkDkgo
    I can't watch the video because of my internet... mind telling me a summary?

Originally Posted by DroneYoinker Go to original post
    I can't watch the video because of my internet... mind telling me a summary?
    I remember watching the video and to put it simply ping abuse is nothing but lies. It is backed up by a convincing diagram that explains how the player with the lower ping has more of an advantage

Originally Posted by Slammin. Go to original post
    I remember watching the video and to put it simply ping abuse is nothing but lies. It is backed up by a convincing diagram that explains how the player with the lower ping has more of an advantage
    Thank you