1. #1

    It's time for Matchmaking in normal Raid

    Having opened the doors of Raid to everyone through the discovery mode, now is the right time for players to learn the Raid in normal mode.
    Every day, dozens of people meet in Raid and learn the dynamics correctly. Some fail, others have learned to move pretty well.
    I think it's time to test everyone the normal Raid.
    Those who are not capable will draw back but those who are capable and dont have a clan can have a fun game experience
    I believe that it will be enough to introduce some specific filter to participate in Raid such as the language, the microphone or the Gear score.
    There are many "solo players" who know the Raid but cannot play with it. I am convinced that many of these would participate without problems.

    Thanks
    P.S. Sorry for my bad english
     3 people found this helpful
    Share this post

  2. #2
    direwolf2496's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    England
    Posts
    500
    I'm going to support you on this for a number of reasons.

    1)elitists claim you CANNOT complete a raid with a pick up group. Well thats wrong. I completed it with a pick up group on ps4.

    2) same bunch of elitists say you MUST have a mic and headset to complete the raid, once again wrong. I am as close to deaf as you can be while still hearing. I've completed the raid and got eb.

    3) opening up mm on raid will make a level playing field for all. Yeah you'll fail, but damn if you won't keep trying.

    So come on Ubisoft open mm for the full raid.its possible because you have implemented it for the discovery mode.

    Take control of your game and stop letting elitist toxic players run the show for you.

    Please note that this is my opinion not a fact that applies to everyone but if the cap fits you feel free to put it on and wear it.
     3 people found this helpful
    Share this post

  3. #3
    Definitely is time.

    And before people say use the discord to get a group together, well I went on last night and there was hardly any activity at all on the PS4. 10 messages in about 2 hours, one chap said looking for 5 players for fresh raid, 30 minutes later they said, still looking for 5 players.


    In the meantime I did half a dozen discovery raid runs, all completed, once with just 4 other agents on Razorback, one full raid run took about 10 minutes, I played 4 heroic invaded missions and in this time 10 messages on the PS4 discord channel looking for raid players.

    MM for discovery takes 1 second on PS4, discord takes hours

    It's dead on there because everyone just wants experienced players for speed runs.
    I reckon the discovery raid plays are out numbering the normal raid by a huge amount.
     1 people found this helpful
    Share this post

  4. #4
    They murdered what little mechanics based difficulty (Razorback) discovery mode had after PTS closed. People are going to be in for a rude awakening if they try to use it as metric for what goes on in normal.

    That said, matchmaking wouldn't hurt. its not like people would be forced to use it and it could be very helpful in backfilling a mostly premade team or replacing people who had to drop mid raid. I mean if someone was truly disruptive or didn't listen to instructions the Raid Leader could just boot em and match another guy in.

    Who knows though. Maybe the devs are holding back a surprise will introduce normal raid matchmaking alongside Hard/Heroic raid difficulty.
     1 people found this helpful
    Share this post

  5. #5
    Originally Posted by Riftsaw Go to original post
    They murdered what little mechanics based difficulty (Razorback) discovery mode had after PTS closed. People are going to be in for a rude awakening if they try to use it as metric for what goes on in normal.

    That said, matchmaking wouldn't hurt. its not like people would be forced to use it and it could be very helpful in backfilling a mostly premade team or replacing people who had to drop mid raid. I mean if someone was truly disruptive or didn't listen to instructions the Raid Leader could just boot em and match another guy in.

    Who knows though. Maybe the devs are holding back a surprise will introduce normal raid matchmaking alongside Hard/Heroic raid difficulty.
    It is way too easy on discovery now most people know what to do but that is what we have been given, it wasnt easy to start with as not everyone knew the basics even on discovery version but most know it now.


    Same will happen on the normal version, people will try to do what they did on discovery mode but find out they cant but after a while they will work it out.


    May take far longer to do but currently it's pretty impossible to get a group together if you are not an experienced player as that's all the discord is asking for and is pretty empty for large parts on PS4.
    The two hours I was on the discord last night, 9-11pm UK time I very much doubt more than one group got put together.
    If MM was on the normal mode there would have been 100's of runs, yes most would end in failure but at least inexperienced people would be getting a go and finding out what other stuff is involved in the normal raid compared to discovery.
     1 people found this helpful
    Share this post

  6. #6
    direwolf2496's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    England
    Posts
    500
    Originally Posted by scarp99anzz Go to original post
    It is way too easy on discovery now most people know what to do but that is what we have been given, it wasnt easy to start with as not everyone knew the basics even on discovery version but most know it now.


    Same will happen on the normal version, people will try to do what they did on discovery mode but find out they cant but after a while they will work it out.


    May take far longer to do but currently it's pretty impossible to get a group together if you are not an experienced player as that's all the discord is asking for and is pretty empty for large parts on PS4.
    The two hours I was on the discord last night, 9-11pm UK time I very much doubt more than one group got put together.
    If MM was on the normal mode there would have been 100's of runs, yes most would end in failure but at least inexperienced people would be getting a go and finding out what other stuff is involved in the normal raid compared to discovery.
    Amen to that. Exactly the point i was trying to make.
     1 people found this helpful
    Share this post

  7. #7
    Nennee's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    791
    MM for normal raid should have been there from beginning.

    Everybody said that people will start screamming for a nerf beacuse of that.
    but experience have told us that it is the DZ players that cryes for the nerf of EB instead.
    its always the DZ playes that starts the crying.

    MM for normal is a choise we shall make not massive.
     1 people found this helpful
    Share this post

  8. #8
    xcel30's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    3,344
    I mean they could put a filter of so a person needs to have completed discovery raid 3 times before attempting it, they could add option to matchmake as a sherpard for people that have already beaten it. Whats wrong with letting people fail? if someone fails and refuse to learn, thats on him not the game
    Share this post

  9. #9
    direwolf2496's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    England
    Posts
    500
    Originally Posted by xcel30 Go to original post
    I mean they could put a filter of so a person needs to have completed discovery raid 3 times before attempting it, they could add option to matchmake as a sherpard for people that have already beaten it. Whats wrong with letting people fail? if someone fails and refuse to learn, thats on him not the game
    Defeats the purpose of matchmaking, to impose another barrier when we are trying to bring down the barriers stopping people from taking part inte raid.
     1 people found this helpful
    Share this post

  10. #10
    DarkKnight27us's Avatar Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Rooftops and Alleyways of Gotham City
    Posts
    2,387
    Originally Posted by direwolf2496 Go to original post
    I'm going to support you on this for a number of reasons.

    1)elitists claim you CANNOT complete a raid with a pick up group. Well thats wrong. I completed it with a pick up group on ps4.

    2) same bunch of elitists say you MUST have a mic and headset to complete the raid, once again wrong. I am as close to deaf as you can be while still hearing. I've completed the raid and got eb.

    3) opening up mm on raid will make a level playing field for all. Yeah you'll fail, but damn if you won't keep trying.

    So come on Ubisoft open mm for the full raid.its possible because you have implemented it for the discovery mode.

    Take control of your game and stop letting elitist toxic players run the show for you.

    Please note that this is my opinion not a fact that applies to everyone but if the cap fits you feel free to put it on and wear it.
    1) Not true at all. What people have said is you can't complete the raid without communication.

    2) Headset and mic make communication much, much, easier. It's not required, but having communication is.

    3) This myth that you can only find a group if MM is made available is just that, a myth. It's people's own stubbornness that has kept them from doing the raid. Nothing more, nothing less.
     1 people found this helpful
    Share this post