Drop rates

Look, I'm not one to complain about bad cosmetics in this game (since skins for guns are the only worthwhile cosmetics in this game) but holy CR*P! The drops rates are just absurd! So far, out of the 47 alpha packs I've gotten (yes, I counted) only 2 of them were either BLUE.
    Now one COULD say that RNJesus hasn't been on my side, but at this point I'm beginning to think its not just about luck anymore. This is REALLY getting old. Give me SOMETHING worthwhile for the love of god!
     2 people found this helpful

Bad news for you unfortunately, the developers wants to keep the RNG in its current state so you reach to the point of being desperate enough to buy r6 currency. You can see ubisoft caring about gameplay balance but they'll never change anything about cosmetics since they're tied to microtransactions which is their golden cow.

Raven_Strike7's Avatar Banned
    Originally Posted by Gravemind01 Go to original post
    Look, I'm not one to complain about bad cosmetics in this game (since skins for guns are the only worthwhile cosmetics in this game) but holy CR*P! The drops rates are just absurd! So far, out of the 47 alpha packs I've gotten (yes, I counted) only 2 of them were either BLUE.
    Now one COULD say that RNJesus hasn't been on my side, but at this point I'm beginning to think its not just about luck anymore. This is REALLY getting old. Give me SOMETHING worthwhile for the love of god!
    I'm gathering you're being raised by a single mother... I make that observation by the fact you show zero respect someone's religious preference. But, that's besides the point.... You DO make a good point. The drop rate with Alpha Packs is pretty bad, unless you're a YouTuber then suddenly half the alpha packs you open are "Epics." But, in defense of Ubisoft... I'm going to try to explain something to you (since you're a teenager, you may not understand this)… the game costs $12 (US) and they offer multiple free weekends. How do you think they do this? This game wasn't cheap to make, nor is it cheap to maintain, or to give you free maps and operators each season. They make their money off the pro-league (first and foremost) and then off the microtransactions second. This game could easily be a $60 game. Yes, they want you to buy the R6 credits to get more packs... that's how they make money. Let me explain something to your teenaged brain. Ubisoft has done a great job with the cancer of microtransactions.. they're not asking you to "pay" for superior guns or operators.... just toss then a few bones for the skins you want.

Originally Posted by Raven_Strike7 Go to original post
    I'm gathering you're being raised by a single mother... I make that observation by the fact you show zero respect someone's religious preference. But, that's besides the point.... You DO make a good point. The drop rate with Alpha Packs is pretty bad, unless you're a YouTuber then suddenly half the alpha packs you open are "Epics." But, in defense of Ubisoft... I'm going to try to explain something to you (since you're a teenager, you may not understand this) the game costs $12 (US) and they offer multiple free weekends. How do you think they do this? This game wasn't cheap to make, nor is it cheap to maintain, or to give you free maps and operators each season. They make their money off the pro-league (first and foremost) and then off the microtransactions second. This game could easily be a $60 game. Yes, they want you to buy the R6 credits to get more packs... that's how they make money. Let me explain something to your teenaged brain. Ubisoft has done a great job with the cancer of microtransactions.. they're not asking you to "pay" for superior guns or operators.... just toss then a few bones for the skins you want.
    You cant buy alpha packs with r6 credits tho and the price of the game initially was 60 bucks.

Ye RNJesus clearly isnt on your side and i feel you... ive been here since the start of alpha packs play daily and only got 5 legendary items 3 pistols and 2 headgears for operators i rarely use.
    A suggestion i made in another thread would be to increase the likelyhood of getting items for operators you use a lot basically basing the droprate of of playtime. Im not sure how hard it would be to implement such an algorithm tho and thats the only reason i could think off why thats not already in the game.
    The easier solution would be to increase legendary droprates but i dont think they are gonna do that since legendary items are really supposed to be special.
    Hope something gets done but at the end of the day they are just cosmetics, we played 1 1/2 years without them and i would choose a balancing patch with some buffs for warden, clash abd fuze over this all day.

I'm gathering you're being raised by a single mother... I make that observation by the fact you show zero respect someone's religious preference. But, that's besides the point.... You DO make a good point. The drop rate with Alpha Packs is pretty bad, unless you're a YouTuber then suddenly half the alpha packs you open are "Epics." But, in defense of Ubisoft... I'm going to try to explain something to you (since you're a teenager, you may not understand this) the game costs $12 (US) and they offer multiple free weekends. How do you think they do this? This game wasn't cheap to make, nor is it cheap to maintain, or to give you free maps and operators each season. They make their money off the pro-league (first and foremost) and then off the microtransactions second. This game could easily be a $60 game. Yes, they want you to buy the R6 credits to get more packs... that's how they make money. Let me explain something to your teenaged brain. Ubisoft has done a great job with the cancer of microtransactions.. they're not asking you to "pay" for superior guns or operators.... just toss then a few bones for the skins you want.
    where did religion come from ?? and what does that has to do with single mother ????

I'm gathering you're being raised by a single mother... I make that observation by the fact you show zero respect someone's religious preference. But, that's besides the point.... You DO make a good point. The drop rate with Alpha Packs is pretty bad, unless you're a YouTuber then suddenly half the alpha packs you open are "Epics." But, in defense of Ubisoft... I'm going to try to explain something to you (since you're a teenager, you may not understand this)… the game costs $12 (US) and they offer multiple free weekends. How do you think they do this? This game wasn't cheap to make, nor is it cheap to maintain, or to give you free maps and operators each season. They make their money off the pro-league (first and foremost) and then off the microtransactions second. This game could easily be a $60 game. Yes, they want you to buy the R6 credits to get more packs... that's how they make money. Let me explain something to your teenaged brain. Ubisoft has done a great job with the cancer of microtransactions.. they're not asking you to "pay" for superior guns or operators.... just toss then a few bones for the skins you want.
    Wow.

Where's that pent-up rage coming from, man?
    Firstly, my age doesn't have anything to do with the drop rates of this game, RNG or not.
    Secondly, where in gods name does "You show zero respect for someones religious preference" come into play? Last time I checked, you don't show that kind of respect either! So quit being a lying hypocrite, pal!
    Thirdly, why does every prepubescent scumbag bring mothers into this? I'm not trying to start some p*ssing match with people, so keep your worthless insults and attitude to yourself, and go somewhere else, if you are unable to have a conversation with me, then you can leave.
    I can see why people dislike you so much now.
     1 people found this helpful

I mean why not copy BO4 packs. Aside from money and adding weapons to them the system is actually pretty good. 3 dupes and you get a dupe protected reroll and 6 packs gets you a dupe protected crate. Plus you get them for time played which lets you easily accumulate them.

By religious preference i assume youre referring to rnjesus. Yeah no im a Christian and dont care at all. Besides you really have no leg to stand on after your anti Muslim rant.

Also alpha packs are only purchased by in game currency no money spent. Not to mention most cosmetics can be bought with renown requiring no real money.

WBBCoop's Avatar Senior Member
    Things are a-changing..

https://kotaku.com/esa-says-microsof...sin-1837034610

Although, I don't think the alpha packs don't fit under this 'loot box' issue (because it's in-game currency), I think Ubi has done a pretty good job of being upfront about their paid content more than the other publishers.