🛈 Announcement
Greetings! The For Honor forums are now archived and accessible in read-only mode, please go to the new platform to discuss the game
    Ubi-RealDude's Avatar Community Manager

Year 3 / Season 3 / 2.11.0 Balance Feedback

Greetings Warriors,

With the launch of Year 3 Season 3, we would love to hear your thoughts on a number of topics. With changes to rolling, unlocking, and escape standardization, as well as numerous hero improvements, we welcome your thoughts, comments, and overall feedback on some of the changes that have taken place in the game with patch 2.11.0. This will allow us to better organize your initial feedback for the fight team.

For quick reference, here are the 2.11.0 Patch Notes.

First off, I am very unpleased that Shugoki is being nailed in a coffin and buried away. The lower HP gain from Shugoki was unnecessary. He needs it all the time since it can help in ganks and really help with the Last Stand perk and Hard to Kill feat. I would just like to have the old Shugoki back and I'm sure other players prefer to fight the old one rather than the new one, including Shugoki mains like myself.

Secondly, Tough as Nails was never a problem and it's questionable if it's near useless now. The heros that have acess to this feat also has access to the Bulk Up perk. Bulk Up basically gives you the same amount as Tough as Nails would, but before the patch notes, you use to be able to stack both and actually turn into a "Heavy" class.

Characters are hardly unique from each other. Almost everyone shares the same stats, just the moves are different. It's boring when everyone is kinda the same. How are you going to play "Heavy" when they are just basically vanguards with their health and damage? I really wish Ubisoft would stop bringing down health in any way in every patch.

Shugoki needs his health pool or faster speed. He does no damage, receives less HP from DE's, and moves too slow. I understood before his rework why he was so slow and was happy with it because he had good health and damage. But now he really is unplayable.

Shugoki has less health, deals no damage, slow movement speed + swing speed, useless headbutt, receives less health on Demons Embrace, and lastly his Rock Steady feat he shares with Aramusha doesn't work against Hulda. It should at least allow them to get up quicker but it doesn't and he stands no chance against her since his dodges are the worst. Make him the tank he is suppose to be again.

Please Ubisoft, bring back the old Shugoki. ;c
     4 people found this helpful

I preferred the old shugoki. A free kill is always welcomed.

And yeah, it would be so cool if this already broken level 2 feat would make the entire kit of the newest hero useless. Then I want one which makes my attacks break all hyperarmor.
     2 people found this helpful

Have a look here to see how and why there's so many Shinobi mains complaining: https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.ph...-broke-Shinobi
    Before people start going on about how much they hate fighting Shinobi, understand that a lot of changes happened to prevent Shinobi mains from fighting up close and personal.

Aramusha's Rock Steady Feat no longer works and everything unbalances him now.

Movement changes made Deflect useless.

To be honest this was a horrible update. Each class and hero has things that made them unique, stop standardizing everything as if there is only one class. If you were to attempt standardization, adjust it by class!

Assassins are quick and mobile. They're supposed to dodge a bit further, move and strike a bit faster, doesn't hit as hard, and for defense - reflex guard starts anywhere between 500-800ms not at 1100ms.

Heavies are a bit slower than Vanguards, hit the hardest, dodge/move/strike a bit slower, has the most health.

Vanguards are your all-rounders. Hybrids are a combination etc.... Just get it together Ubi. I spent so much money on this game because i believed in time it would get better, but at this point it's just being broken with every update. If it comes down to it, just start a poll to have the players vote for what they want in updates.

The movement changes made the fighting feel more clunky and laggy, might I suggest reverting the movement changes? Before this change IMHO I felt that it was easy to engage and disengage multiple opponents, and I'm pretty sure that when I say, getting beat on by 4 people and when you unlock to try and roll away for dear life, the delay becomes quite infuriating for everyone simply just trying to survive.
     8 people found this helpful

Originally Posted by Vee63bMech Go to original post
    Have a look here to see how and why there's so many Shinobi mains complaining: https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.ph...-broke-Shinobi
    Before people start going on about how much the hate fighting Shinobi, understand that a lot of changes happened to prevent Shinobi mains from fighting up close and personal.

Aramusha's Rock Steady Feat no longer works and everything unbalances him now.

Movement changes made Deflect useless.

To be honest this was a horrible update. Each class and hero has things that made them unique, stop standardizing everything as if there is only one class. If you were to attempt standardization, adjust it by class!

Assassins are quick and mobile. They're supposed to dodge a bit further, move and strike a bit faster, doesn't hit as hard, and for defense - reflex guard starts anywhere between 500-800ms not at 1100ms.

Heavies are a bit slower than Vanguards, hit the hardest, dodge/move/strike a bit slower, has the most health.

Vanguards are your all-rounders. Hybrids are a combination etc.... Just get it together Ubi. I spent so much money on this game because i believed in time it would get better, but at this point it's just being broken with every update. If it comes down to it, just start a poll to have the players vote for what they want in updates.
    If only there were some way to choose a fighting style for reworked characters like old Shugoki defensive would be an option while the reworked Shugoki can be more aggresive both defensive or aggresive players can enjoy him. I mean, if they can give character stances to fight differently, I feel like there should be a more selective playstyle. That's not a good comparison and what I'm talking about is stupid, I just like to share thoughts. Also, you really know how to make a post, dude.
     1 people found this helpful

@GoldBrady Thanks, I routinely have to document changes to the robots I work with, so to me it's the same as writing up the patch notes for work lol.

Aramusha:
    The Rock Steady Feat for Aramusha is completely broken. Went into a custom 1v1 with my cousin a bit ago, and tested a few things. With the feat active, and it's a passive feat mind you, throws, parries, punches, kicks, Gladiator's toe stab were all able to unbalance Aramusha. Testing some attacks, Aramusha's soft feint worked 40% of the time, hard feints worked every time, also I should mention that to rule out controller deadzones I've tested it on 2 different XB1 controllers, and an Elite controller that I normally use with a custom setting specifically built for For Honor. I know my reaction time with Aramusha, because he's been my substitute main since Shinobi was nerfed in the Title Update 1.22 released April 19th 2018. So we can rule out the "You don't know how to block/parry/react" rebuttals.

Reflex Guard and Deflect:
    Tested this against LVL 3 Bots in training to rule out lag/latency, specifically fought against Warden, Raider, Conqueror, Nobushi, Kensei, Lawbringer, and Orochi with the following;

Peacekeeper
    Gladiator
    Berserker
    Shaman
    Orochi
    Shinobi
    Nuxia
    Shaolin

Using Nobushi, and setting her to only use "Poke The Nest" to test against, the results were the same for all. Block animation happens, still get hit. If you get hit by one hit and then attempt to block the following 2 hits, you usually end up staggering for so long after the first hit that blocking the next 2 is impossible. Deflect's timing has changed drastically, I had to anticipate the attack and start the dodge into the attack direction before the opponent even launched the attack to pull off a deflect. It honestly felt like both block and deflect are noticeably DELAYED.

Jormungandr:
    I don't even know where to start on this character. This was pure overkill on abilities. Undodge-able, unblockable, uninterruptible, massive stamina drain, with a OOS ground punish that can kill in 1 or 2 hits because of the mix-up of heavy cancel into Jotunn Surge that almost instantly drains stamina?! You might as well have just gave this character an M2 Barret. The amount of times and 3 broken controllers from watching a grab in the form of Jotunn Surge as I'm about to connect a heavy attack because I went to parry a feinted heavy is insane, apparently this character can grab people through attacks when not a single other person in the roster can GB while someone is attacking. On the same subject, recovery time is insanely fast... Fast enough to GB right after being hit by a light attack fast.

If you're going to do drugs while developing characters, may I recommend staying off of whatever was taken when the moveset characteristics for Jorungandr was thought of?

The most disappointing experience since I've been playing this game. I feel so cheated and ripped off. I went from having fun in this game to dreading the next update because the devs are catering to the people that refuse to learn the mechanics and want easy wins.

These changes should be reverted, focus on balancing everyone into their respective classes. Make everyone match their monikers/titles, and for the love of Gilgamesh, at least do a poll and adhere to what the community votes for before releasing another slap to the face to everyone that supports this game.
     13 people found this helpful

I did not have time to try the pk changes out myself, but if I assume that her changes meant anything, she is still B tier at most. Her pressure is weak, her heavies are not threatening, she still struggles to get executions, her feats are bad, and while this change might help a little with fluidity, this is still inferior to avarage, and she supposed to excel in it.

Things you have to do to make her a viable pick:

1. We all say it for a year: make her dagger cancels and deep gouges, as well as dodge attacks restart chains. If you think that a 400ms light followup after every succesful dagger cancel or landed heavy is too much, make those moves to be considered the second light of the chain. I would add that if you make it to be considered the first, that would alone rocket her up in viability, but I assume you don't want even more light spam potential.

2. All heavies should deal 25 damage all the time, and if 36 is too much for a heavy, tone down the deep gouge damage to be 1+7 globally. One healthbar executions should be a thing for a long time, I don't get why do you design heavies under 25.

3. Top heavies have literally zero pressure, the neutral one is only good for parry punishes, and the chained one is a stylish way to die against a warden since it has a cool animation. A dagger cancel on top heavies coming from a different direction would be a nice change.

4. Heavy finishers are barely thrown out, only to mess with someone expecting a dagger cancel. Making them unblockable would be a nice change, at least the top one. Maybe the top heavies should be unblockable against bleeding opponents, it would ne a nice pressure and something fitting for her style.

5. Make bleed actually benefit the pk. The other two bleeder gets an effect for attacking bleeding targets. Our bleed is just delayed damage, basically like giving a loan without interest. A special unblockable property on top heavies, stamina regen, health regen, increased damage or superior lights against a bleeding target would all nicely improve the character, the possibilities with this are almost infinite. Just give us something for attacking bleeding opponents if we are succesful.

6. I already wrote about her feats. Some of them are weak, useless are by no means fit an assassin's playstyle, have a look at them!
     3 people found this helpful

#nerfhitokiri

#nerfhitokiri

he cant be staggered, has an instant kill button, its exremely hard to dodge his heavy attacks. Its getting hilarious, please do something
     1 people found this helpful

first and foremost I think the nerf to tough as nails was unnecessary the reason is bulk up increase health by a total of 16 and now tough as nails increase health by 1.15 for people who don't want to do the math warlords health is 140 x 1.15 = 161 -140=21 health. Perks are suppose to be weaker than tier 1 feats but tough as nails a tier 3 feat is almost as weak as a perk if you don't have bulk up there is no point to tough as nails.

Originally Posted by Goat_of_Vermund Go to original post
    I did not have time to try the pk changes out myself, but if I assume that her changes meant anything, she is still B tier at most. Her pressure is weak, her heavies are not threatening, she still struggles to get executions, her feats are bad, and while this change might help a little with fluidity, this is still inferior to avarage, and she supposed to excel in it.

Things you have to do to make her a viable pick:

1. We all say it for a year: make her dagger cancels and deep gouges, as well as dodge attacks restart chains. If you think that a 400ms light followup after every succesful dagger cancel or landed heavy is too much, make those moves to be considered the second light of the chain. I would add that if you make it to be considered the first, that would alone rocket her up in viability, but I assume you don't want even more light spam potential.

2. All heavies should deal 25 damage all the time, and if 36 is too much for a heavy, tone down the deep gouge damage to be 1+7 globally. One healthbar executions should be a thing for a long time, I don't get why do you design heavies under 25.

3. Top heavies have literally zero pressure, the neutral one is only good for parry punishes, and the chained one is a stylish way to die against a warden since it has a cool animation. A dagger cancel on top heavies coming from a different direction would be a nice change.

4. Heavy finishers are barely thrown out, only to mess with someone expecting a dagger cancel. Making them unblockable would be a nice change, at least the top one. Maybe the top heavies should be unblockable against bleeding opponents, it would ne a nice pressure and something fitting for her style.

5. Make bleed actually benefit the pk. The other two bleeder gets an effect for attacking bleeding targets. Our bleed is just delayed damage, basically like giving a loan without interest. A special unblockable property on top heavies, stamina regen, health regen, increased damage or superior lights against a bleeding target would all nicely improve the character, the possibilities with this are almost infinite. Just give us something for attacking bleeding opponents if we are succesful.

6. I already wrote about her feats. Some of them are weak, useless are by no means fit an assassin's playstyle, have a look at them!
    I agree entirely with what is said here, i like pk's style but she is just a resounding meh. She needs some bringing up to standard here, the idea for the dagger cancels is a really nice one.

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... Last ►►