xcel30's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by Merphee Go to original post
    There are still some concerns, like if purple gear still drops in wT5.
    I mean just because they made getting loot and building how you want better, doesn't mean that the items will actually be good

Merphee's Avatar Senior Member
    Yes, loot quality is still a concern, I have not denied that.

Yes, loot quality is still a concern, I have not denied that.
    It's not a concern, it's major problem. All those coming-soon-changes (targeted loot, etc.) are just crutches for broken loot system.
    Couple of examples:
    1. I have Gila mask with 499GS, 23k armor, 10k+ health, hard hitting and 45% DTE I rolled on it. I got this mask in TU2 from a loot box in open world.
    And after all those heroic missions, raids, crafting etc. I still did not get any even-slightly-better Gila mask. (or even similar one I can put on my second character that I do not need to move it via the stash)
    2. Max DTE on a mask is 55%. For all those many hundred hours of playing TD2 I got only one mask with 45% DTE. All other masks were below 39%.

Originally Posted by toxicFrag Go to original post
    It's not a concern, it's major problem. All those coming-soon-changes (targeted loot, etc.) are just crutches for broken loot system.
    Couple of examples:
    1. I have Gila mask with 499GS, 23k armor, 10k+ health, hard hitting and 45% DTE I rolled on it. I got this mask in TU2 from a loot box in open world.
    And after all those heroic missions, raids, crafting etc. I still did not get any even-slightly-better Gila mask. (or even similar one I can put on my second character that I do not need to move it via the stash)
    2. Max DTE on a mask is 55%. For all those many hundred hours of playing TD2 I got only one mask with 45% DTE. All other masks were below 39%.
    Yes. I am completely aware of the game's density system. Even spoke about it in the OP. As I've said in another thread, we can only hope that one of the changes on the PTS that "wasn't discussed on the SOTG" is one regarding the density system.

If not, spam the PTS forum until the devs submit. Now, you might get banned for spamming it, but at least I'll get banned with you.

Uhnomuhlee's Avatar Senior Member

Honestly, I think the OP has started to lose its steam. I think it held power because of the window of time in which I posted it in, which was almost immediately after they publically asked for feedback on specific topics, and then went on vacation the following week.
    You're silly
     1 people found this helpful

Wow! What a great job you did. That sums it all up And I wanna play your version of this game.

Originally Posted by AngelF1re1964 Go to original post
    Wow! What a great job you did. That sums it all up And I wanna play your version of this game.
    As do I.

They've revealed targeted grinding and some recalibration station stuff today (one thing is missing, though). As for everything else, like bringing back incursions and Settlement upgrade uses, we'll have to wait for the third planned SOTG.

I'm just popping in here to say a big thanks to Merphee and the all the guys and gals in the community for the feedback and discussions put forward.

We're finally getting somewhere. Cheers!

As do I.

They've revealed targeted grinding and some recalibration station stuff today (one thing is missing, though). As for everything else, like bringing back incursions and Settlement upgrade uses, we'll have to wait for the third planned SOTG.
    Yes, we need to wait.... I hope it is mind blowing. At this point it really needs to be. I think what they talked about today are good common sense, slightly casualized quality of life improvements. They might make the endgame more grind friendly but beyond that.... If the player base is as low as I currently suspect it is, we really need to see some F'ing WOW factor here soon. I mean there is nothing in the game that even makes these changes needed to me. QoL is good when you have a good base, so what the game really needs to focus on is more game not making everything easier. Besides the LZ being improved I really struggle to find anything actually improved over the Division 1. The Skill mod system, but more specifically the lack of skill power playing a more direct role in the game, has been an issue since day one. The lack of any actual NEEDED role/skill/resistance etc may sound great to players who just want to do whatever, but to players like me it is a waste of potential and leads to the extremly limited mechanics that make this game a snoozefest. Almost every facet of the game feels like it came from a focus group procedural generator to ensure the most generic forms of everything. I don't know how many times I have said this but the first time fighting Col. Bliss was the closest thing I have seen in this series to a true boss experience. It might not have been epic, but it could have been. If they would actually invest their efforts into making the gameplay fun and not worrying about blue prints in the DZ being annoying to some players, how the DZ is too rough on farmers, or how incursions/raids are evil because the might lock some loot. We might have something that actually works.

I don't watch the quartering much, but a new video he released this week, i think, he was talking about video game censorship. At one point he was wondering what happened to the gaming community, and he made the comment about how gamers use to consider themselves the rebels and that gaming was something we did to "stick it to the man" basically wondering how we got to the point that many want games to white wash history, or be inclusive just for the sake of being inclusive.

Well the same goes for how a game actually plays in my book. If you are afraid to make a good work, that being a novel, invention, art, or in this case video game, and must try and go this middle ground avoiding landmines you are doomed and spineless. What great anything in the history of mankind has ever done that. I don't know of anything like that, most everything that succeeded or we think of now as classic was offensive or revolting to many when they were conceived. Great works are considered great because of the timeless controversy they contained. They are not this gray-area mush we accept today.

Originally Posted by MutantCowboy x Go to original post
    Yes, we need to wait.... I hope it is mind blowing. At this point it really needs to be. I think what they talked about today are good common sense, slightly casualized quality of life improvements. They might make the endgame more grind friendly but beyond that.... If the player base is as low as I currently suspect it is, we really need to see some F'ing WOW factor here soon. I mean there is nothing in the game that even makes these changes needed to me. QoL is good when you have a good base, so what the game really needs to focus on is more game not making everything easier. Besides the LZ being improved I really struggle to find anything actually improved over the Division 1. The Skill mod system, but more specifically the lack of skill power playing a more direct role in the game, has been an issue since day one. The lack of any actual NEEDED role/skill/resistance etc may sound great to players who just want to do whatever, but to players like me it is a waste of potential and leads to the extremly limited mechanics that make this game a snoozefest. Almost every facet of the game feels like it came from a focus group procedural generator to ensure the most generic forms of everything. I don't know how many times I have said this but the first time fighting Col. Bliss was the closest thing I have seen in this series to a true boss experience. It might not have been epic, but it could have been. If they would actually invest their efforts into making the gameplay fun and not worrying about blue prints in the DZ being annoying to some players, how the DZ is too rough on farmers, or how incursions/raids are evil because the might lock some loot. We might have something that actually works.

I don't watch the quartering much, but a new video he released this week, i think, he was talking about video game censorship. At one point he was wondering what happened to the gaming community, and he made the comment about how gamers use to consider themselves the rebels and that gaming was something we did to "stick it to the man" basically wondering how we got to the point that many want games to white wash history, or be inclusive just for the sake of being inclusive.

Well the same goes for how a game actually plays in my book. If you are afraid to make a good work, that being a novel, invention, art, or in this case video game, and must try and go this middle ground avoiding landmines you are doomed and spineless. What great anything in the history of mankind has ever done that. I don't know of anything like that, most everything that succeeded or we think of now as classic was offensive or revolting to many when they were conceived. Great works are considered great because of the timeless controversy they contained. They are not this gray-area mush we accept today.
    Yeah. Division 2 is now in a spot where it needs more "Destinations", and I don't just mean more main missions.

The changes shown today only strengthen the foundation of the game (with some changes yet to be seen), but now we need those rooms built to take those things we've acquired thanks to the improved foundation.

Right now, we only have the one raid and Kenly college.