Originally Posted by Sock_Monkey Go to original post
    From Ubi's point of view it is dead. Sure the DZ is usually quite active, but Massive no longer cares about the game or supports it anymore. Once upon a time they would ban players if you provided video evidence of cheating, but late spring/early summer (shortly after D2 release) they stopped. I created multiple tickets with unarguable video evidence and they closed them all with no action ( you could still see the players gleefully cheating away).

I went in less and less, but no matter how often or seldom I did 100% of the time I'd come across a group of Brazilians hacking in the DZ. Not some times. Not most of the time. ALL of the time. They have actually become a parasitic infestation on this game, and maybe because it's like trying to bail out the Titanic with a paper cup it's clear Ubi stopped trying.

Went in today first time in 6 weeks and within 10 minutes, a trio of same with RPM hacks and aimbots tearing up the DZ.

D1 is no fun any more...
    Not sure what you are talking about, they are still holding global event in division 1, i can matchmake and get into a group in less than 10 second, at leat on ps4.

Originally Posted by John_B_Tokyo Go to original post
    Not sure what you are talking about, they are still holding global event in division 1, i can matchmake and get into a group in less than 10 second, at leat on ps4.
    Since Global Events were programmed in several releases ago it takes little more than toggling a flag on the server to start one. I don't exactly consider that support.

As I noted, there are players. No one said there was no action. It's the quality of the player (on average) that has sunk to the point that the game is no longer fun.

Originally Posted by Sock_Monkey Go to original post
    It's the quality of the player (on average) that has sunk to the point that the game is no longer fun.
    for doing what, pve or pvp?

I kind of get what Sock is saying. It used to be quite easy to find good groups if desired. The herd is thinner than it used to be and that is to be expected as a game ages. I think there were more people like me back then that were absolute die-hards that didn't play any other game and accrued thousands of hours in the game. Some of us are doing that less and less. I still log in every night to at least do my daily combat and crafting on all 4 characters for the Div Tech. I'll hit it hard during next weeks GE. After that, I don't know. I have been watching and waiting for TD2 to mature (i.e. fix issues, balance everything, remove glass walls, etc). But, BL3 just came out last week and I am a huge fan of the series. If it continues to be as fun as I am having with it right now, I may be about done now too. But, at 3k hours, I'd say I got my money's worth for buying it twice. I have never put that many hours into a single game before. I have more than that in BL1 and BL2 combined, but not individually. I remember how bad TD1 was on release. I am not exaggerating to say once I hit the main map area around level 4, I couldn't finish a mission between crashes. So, I just roamed the streets. I could see the potential and stuck it out and with a few missteps here and there, most every release improved the game. I have faith that eventually TD2 will do the same.

Originally Posted by Bambihunter71 Go to original post
    I kind of get what Sock is saying. It used to be quite easy to find good groups if desired. The herd is thinner than it used to be and that is to be expected as a game ages. I think there were more people like me back then that were absolute die-hards that didn't play any other game and accrued thousands of hours in the game. Some of us are doing that less and less. I still log in every night to at least do my daily combat and crafting on all 4 characters for the Div Tech. I'll hit it hard during next weeks GE. After that, I don't know. I have been watching and waiting for TD2 to mature (i.e. fix issues, balance everything, remove glass walls, etc). But, BL3 just came out last week and I am a huge fan of the series. If it continues to be as fun as I am having with it right now, I may be about done now too. But, at 3k hours, I'd say I got my money's worth for buying it twice. I have never put that many hours into a single game before. I have more than that in BL1 and BL2 combined, but not individually. I remember how bad TD1 was on release. I am not exaggerating to say once I hit the main map area around level 4, I couldn't finish a mission between crashes. So, I just roamed the streets. I could see the potential and stuck it out and with a few missteps here and there, most every release improved the game. I have faith that eventually TD2 will do the same.
    gotcha, it's normal that u won't find any good group for doing pve... game is over 3 years old. It's all about pvp in dz right now. But, the game is far to be dead...

for doing what, pve or pvp?
    At this point only PvP. I've done every mission in D1 so many umpteen times that it lost the "thrill" a long time ago for me.

When I was still into grinding I worked hard and spent a lot of time (for me, anyway) rolling and stacking several builds optimized for PvP. Despite being an old guy (near 60s) without the hand-eye coordination of youth I did fairly well when odds are fair (1v1, non-cheaters) - winning more often than losing. I even triumphed a number of times when outnumbered (so long as they also were not cheaters), on several occasionally taking down 3-man groups on my own.

All of that is for naught now though. My finely-tuned PvP builds are worthless against a player that can dump an entire 100-round Hungry Hog clip in under a second, landing 100% headshots while doing so. And this is the frustrating part to players like me: the effort to optimize within the rules, then some Brazilian punk who pays $30 for a bag of hacks, joins right off and dominates the servers...and Ubi doesn't do a damn thing about it.

I was dead set against getting D2, but confess I caved when they had the big sale in June. To date I have not yet PvP'd in D2, but then again I don't yet have an EB, which seems to be the price of admission in this game.

gotcha, it's normal that u won't find any good group for doing pve... game is over 3 years old. It's all about pvp in dz right now. But, the game is far to be dead...
    I should emphasize GOOD groups. During every GE, I often find one team member that I'll add to my friends list out of the dozens of groups I'll join during that week. The ratio used to be much higher. This GE I'll even spend more time grouped due to the Smart Ammo commendation requirements. To clarify, I am not talking about a player with raw ability or a min/maxed optimized build. I am talking about one who interacts with the team, and plays with the team, as a team. I do not care in the least if they are new / green to whatever we are doing, as long as they'll join in the discussion if we are failing and take pointers. I enjoy being a mentor and watching as they "get it". Many are good players, just green to the game or mission. I like giving less known tips too.

A few GE's ago, we had to do Stolen Signal with Security Wing Only skills. Two of us were veterans, one guy was newish and had only done SS a few times. The other guy never answered any voice or text questions or comments. He kept doing stupid stuff like killing the boss too early resulting in us getting overwhelmed as additional enemies spawned. The newish guy had a little trouble at first finding the spot to stand to block the Gatling gun, but after a few wipes he got it. After about 10 wipes, I finally vote kicked the mute (as I started calling him afterwards) and we ran it with just the 3 of us and finished it the very next run with no one going down once. It is nice when players chit chat between things, but I don't care about that either really. I mean, if they want to do things their own way, play solo (though I realize that is impossible on some of the incursions).

When I join any group for an activity, I always ask if they want me to run something specific and/or ask what they are running. Partly I do this because I have all the optimized classified gear sets and can be flexible for whatever is needed, and partly because newer players might not have it, or haven't learned the intricacies of a particular build. I joined a group once that were in the last room of Dragon's Nest and they said they kept wiping over and over. I asked what they were running and all were DPS. This was not during the GE which had a no healing skills commendation so I threw on my Reclaimer, mentioned a few sentences of tactics for the room and we finished it easily. We then ran it again so they could try to (and got) the Flawless commendation.

Rroff's Avatar Senior Member
    I should emphasize GOOD groups. During every GE, I often find one team member that I'll add to my friends list out of the dozens of groups I'll join during that week. The ratio used to be much higher. This GE I'll even spend more time grouped due to the Smart Ammo commendation requirements. To clarify, I am not talking about a player with raw ability or a min/maxed optimized build. I am talking about one who interacts with the team, and plays with the team, as a team. I do not care in the least if they are new / green to whatever we are doing, as long as they'll join in the discussion if we are failing and take pointers. I enjoy being a mentor and watching as they "get it". Many are good players, just green to the game or mission. I like giving less known tips too.

A few GE's ago, we had to do Stolen Signal with Security Wing Only skills. Two of us were veterans, one guy was newish and had only done SS a few times. The other guy never answered any voice or text questions or comments. He kept doing stupid stuff like killing the boss too early resulting in us getting overwhelmed as additional enemies spawned. The newish guy had a little trouble at first finding the spot to stand to block the Gatling gun, but after a few wipes he got it. After about 10 wipes, I finally vote kicked the mute (as I started calling him afterwards) and we ran it with just the 3 of us and finished it the very next run with no one going down once. It is nice when players chit chat between things, but I don't care about that either really. I mean, if they want to do things their own way, play solo (though I realize that is impossible on some of the incursions).

When I join any group for an activity, I always ask if they want me to run something specific and/or ask what they are running. Partly I do this because I have all the optimized classified gear sets and can be flexible for whatever is needed, and partly because newer players might not have it, or haven't learned the intricacies of a particular build. I joined a group once that were in the last room of Dragon's Nest and they said they kept wiping over and over. I asked what they were running and all were DPS. This was not during the GE which had a no healing skills commendation so I threw on my Reclaimer, mentioned a few sentences of tactics for the room and we finished it easily. We then ran it again so they could try to (and got) the Flawless commendation.
    Stolen Signal is soo frustrating - the first few rooms are great but the last room even when it works I don't enjoy - but I randomly have a bug with it where either nothing I do stops bullets hitting a hostage which makes it super frustrating or other times I'm like a bullet magnet and I just have to be in the vague vicinity of a hostage and every round hits me making it super easy. I've noticed this seems to affect other people as well - a couple of times we've gone through that room super easy because one guy on the team seemed to be like a magnet for the Gatling and other times it has been impossible to complete because no one in the team can successfully block the bullets however hard they try.

I've had that issue a time or two, but not often.

With any sort of a team at all, I/we seem to actually have more trouble with the one with the friendly hanging upside down and the shock floor. That is, unless with a coordinated team build (final measure and ranged DPS for sure, reclaimer can be nice too if you've got the DPS to cover it). The team make up I try for in that room is a Final Measure (DPS oriented), Reclaimer, D3 for the heavies, and Sentry or Hunters Faith if they are good or maybe a Striker.

That last room, two D3's and whatever else.

Rroff's Avatar Senior Member
    I've had that issue a time or two, but not often.

With any sort of a team at all, I/we seem to actually have more trouble with the one with the friendly hanging upside down and the shock floor. That is, unless with a coordinated team build (final measure and ranged DPS for sure, reclaimer can be nice too if you've got the DPS to cover it). The team make up I try for in that room is a Final Measure (DPS oriented), Reclaimer, D3 for the heavies, and Sentry or Hunters Faith if they are good or maybe a Striker.

That last room, two D3's and whatever else.
    I usually run what I refer to as a "combat medic" build - reclaimer with all 4% DTE and turret damage performance mods - downside is it is super squishy so as to be able to combine a good support station and good damage - so takes quite a bit of experience to know how to run it without constantly face planting - but the damage output isn't far below a good striker albeit depends quite a bit on your turret shooting what you want it to.