The Downfall of Siege

I have an issue with this game. I am Plat III rank and I used to be able to play Casual and have fun without trying and do a decent game. Now if I try to just relax and play, I get COMPLETELY destroyed by some Silver II smurf account. It has come to a point where you can't physically enjoy this game unless your're playing so hard to the point that your palms are sweaty. I can't enjoy this game when I have to play like it's a Pro League match (which takes the fun out of everything). Everyone sweats and New Players below level 40 are just completely ruined in game by kids who do nothing but sit on this game all day long. I love this game, I do, but the players are the most toxic people of any game I've played in the last 5 years. Even CoD fans have this game beat at this point. After the recent meta of picking all 3 speeds and rushing obj like it's nothing and ruining your team like a fat man with a bag of doritos. Please fix this meta, nerf operators for more than 5 damage like that somehow is going to do anything significant. Ubisoft at this point just does not care and frankly I'm don't either anymore.
     3 people found this helpful

Downfall of Siege to who? You? They just broke their record of most active players for a month lol. The games growing not dying. If you dont like the game its simple. Uninstall. Tired of seeing yall complain on the forums and cry. If you dont like the state of the game ... Dont play it. Nobodys forcing you to play.

For a game in year 4 most of us appreciate the constant tweaking and the high level game play in upper ranks.

Uninstall.

/Thread
     8 people found this helpful

Players don't just play one game though. COD players are also Siege players so it doesn't make sense to say that one game has a better community than another. It's basically all the same people.

I agree with you about kids playing games all day. I think that's a major problem. I've been in games today where there are very young players who shouldn't be playing Siege.

There are kids playing through the night as well. It's not good for them and it's a pain in the neck for mature players. What kind of parent lets their kids stay up all night playing Siege on PC?
     1 people found this helpful

Pulu.'s Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by EclipseLocus Go to original post
    I have an issue with this game. I am Plat III rank and I used to be able to play Casual and have fun without trying and do a decent game. Now if I try to just relax and play, I get COMPLETELY destroyed by some Silver II smurf account. It has come to a point where you can't physically enjoy this game unless your're playing so hard to the point that your palms are sweaty. I can't enjoy this game when I have to play like it's a Pro League match (which takes the fun out of everything). Everyone sweats and New Players below level 40 are just completely ruined in game by kids who do nothing but sit on this game all day long. I love this game, I do, but the players are the most toxic people of any game I've played in the last 5 years. Even CoD fans have this game beat at this point. After the recent meta of picking all 3 speeds and rushing obj like it's nothing and ruining your team like a fat man with a bag of doritos. Please fix this meta, nerf operators for more than 5 damage like that somehow is going to do anything significant. Ubisoft at this point just does not care and frankly I'm don't either anymore.
    You are plat 3 and you crying about smurfs? Diamonds are just couple rank higher than you.

I can understand your frustration. Sounds like itís time to take a break from the game. I havenít touched this game for weeks and currently glad Iím not playing it right now. I love R6 and it is still my favorite game. Just got burned out and had to take a break but I always come back.
     2 people found this helpful

Originally Posted by Mediumrarely Go to original post
    I can understand your frustration. Sounds like it’s time to take a break from the game. I haven’t touched this game for weeks and currently glad I’m not playing it right now. I love R6 and it is still my favorite game. Just got burned out and had to take a break but I always come back.
    Same, the game meta is beyond stale right now though, I don't know how people could deny that.

WBBCoop's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by EclipseLocus Go to original post
    It has come to a point where you can't physically enjoy this game unless your're playing so hard to the point that your palms are sweaty.
    I'm not sure..but it seems as though you don't understand the meaning of Casual. You think you have to win every match? Why not just chill?

If anything, Casual should be relaxing..but you own your own standards of what relaxing means. It's different from player to player, depending on their skill level and mentality. Choose a different mentality and go rank when you 'get serious'. Leave us Casuals out of the sweat fest .

Siege's lack of a decent matching system is the root of a lot of the game's problems. If Siege took the time to develop a proper matching system that created fair matches then a lot of the complaints would go away. As it stands, Ubisoft is not using all the tools it has available to prioritize solid matchmaking. And because Ubi isn't bothering with solid matching, every match (Casual or Ranked) ends up being an exercise in frustration where every round is a lopsided joke and smurfs are the norm rather than the exception.

Couple that with the game's total inability to deal with recoil scripts, weapon swap scripts, and all the other cheats, hacks and exploits? Yup - every match feels like try-hard time.

WBBCoop's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by The_Riddler.. Go to original post
    Siege's lack of a decent matching system is the root of a lot of the game's problems. If Siege took the time to develop a proper matching system that created fair matches then a lot of the complaints would go away.
    Of course, I agree with you Riddler. But then again, It's not the first time at bat for me on this subject.

Fix MM..and let the players win from time to time..and all other issues will be mild by comparison.

Remember..4.3!

I thought casual had a totally different matchmaking than ranked where it's based off your performance in casual and not your ranked rank at all.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... Last ►►