Originally Posted by Roque_AssassinX Go to original post
    I have to agree with the guy to be honest. As someone who played in Alpha, i have the fire skin to prove it, i have 1200+ hours now in siege and i've watched it spiral downhill since DLC 2 Year 1. I took an extended break of over 1.5 years as Season 3 Year 1 rolled in and came back to a game that was... Beyond broken.

The hit-boxes will never be fixed, they were actually better at the start of Year 1 than they are now, and yet we won't ever see that again. The glitches and bug exploits come in the dozens every new season, to the point now that operators and items were completely removed from the game to prevent some. The hackers are out of control because Ubi seems to have the most useless version of Battle-Eye. The MMR and Ranking system has always needed a rework and hasn't received one hence why it's been in BETA for 3 years. Relying on your team is such a pain in the *** when you have to Solo Queue Ranked, which is why it's rare to see people Solo queue. If you do see someone Solo'ing, beware they could be insane.

What annoys me the most is that at the beginning of Year 4 at their reveal, they said they were going to stop adding content and focus on fixing what they already have, but i am yet to see a real fix that makes the game function how it used too. Now i understand that coding isn't easy and adding one thing can change other things.. but this is just getting out of hand. If it's not a new shield glitch, its an invisibility glitch, or map glitch... Let's not mention the fact that the Crosshairs were misaligned for over 1.5 years when aiming down sights.

A few things that would make an exceedingly large impact on this game in a positive way;

A; Remove all shield operators from the game completely. Or remove them until you can guarantee that they are balanced and fixed, because they are beyond stupid. Both playing as/with and against them is broken. Shoulders clipping through shields, Hit-boxes failing due to animations of the shield (I.E. Knives not connecting) and a myriad of glitches to boot.
    B; Fix hit-boxes. Properly. Work out weapon penetration, because a bullet hitting a hand in-front of someones face should not be blocking a head-shot. Shooting heads and not getting
    head-shots is a problem on it's own. Animations are causing massive issues with hit-boxes. Before anyone calls, it's ping, I sit at a max of 20 ping in 99% of the games i play in Siege. Majority of the time i'm at 9 Ping.
    C; Shotguns - Fix them, they are almost un-usable as a defence operator on most maps. The lack of a head-shot modifier and an Un-Realistic spread and lack of range, make shotguns a
    stupid choice in most situations. Especially against Attackers with ACOG's. Add a choke attachment or something, for the love of god.
    D; Ranked MMR - It needs more of an Emphasis on Solo play. If someone is doing better than the rest of their team, or they are carrying, they deserve more MMR and the others deserve less. It might be a team game, but this would prevent hackers from being able to carry people through ranks and it would also prevent smurfs from being able to carry their friends through ranked.
    E; Casual - It's no longer casual, as was stated in OP. It is a cesspool of sweaty kids, half of who never play ranked and that is the reason they are sweating so hard in casual. I'm unsure of how they would genuinely fix this, but as was also stated, a decent matchmaking system would be nice.
    F; Spawn Peeks - I have no issue with run-outs in the middle of a match, i think that is fair play, risking yourself to potentially even the odds or get an edge. HOWEVER! The map creators blatantly have no idea what they are doing when it comes to preventing spawn peeks. Windows over looking spawn points, oh let's just put a box there so they can't get shot right away, but we won't think about how the will get out of spawn. This is probably one of the biggest issues in the game, as half the time, people don't even get to play a round because of it.
    An extremely simple fix for this, would be to just add the red barrier for 15 seconds into the start of a match. Preventing run-outs, preventing spawn peeks and giving the attacking team time to move out of spawn and start their assault without having to duck and cover the whole time. P.S. Hire new map designers because the last few have been absolute trash.
    G; This isn't a real issue, but how good of a base game is Siege to have a permanent horde mode? Right?

Anyway, in conclusion, he is right... This game is stupidly broken beyond belief and people just accept it, even when the majority don't like it. What you're saying about just stop playing, doesn't help the situation at all. He's putting his voice and opinion out there and i know it's a well shared opinion but most people don't bother saying anything for that fact that people like you just come back with "Waahh Waahh Uninstall Waahh".

TL;DR - **** be broked.
    So i share some of ur frustrations with the game but many seem to be unreasonable

A. Shield operators have a perspective issue rn where they think more of their body is covered then it actually is but since it doesnt give them an andvantage or make it impossible to play as them so they should remain in the game for now.
    B. Hitreg in this game is ****ed up and everyone knows it ... its not only arabs and africans ruining eu servers its also an inherent game problem that sometimes bullets dont connect. That doesnt have anything to do with animations tho because operators dont hold their arms infront of their face.
    C. There is a diffrent thread on shotguns where i explained how shotguns are in a not so veratile spot you can play them well if you have pacience and good movement.
    D. There is a reason the ranking system is the way it is. Imagine the impact if kills were a factor in ur ranked elo: noone would ever play support anymore and ranked would just be a brawling field. The game would be a complete mess.
    E. Why is people playing to the best of their ability in casual an issue?
    F. Spawnpeeking... ah **** here we go again dont rush ur drones in the objective and waist them. Place them on the side of the map you are spawning at and call out spawnpeekers then its an easy prefire. After all they do the exact same as people who runout do: taking a risk to give their team the edge.
    The game has severe issues : broken sound, high pingers and hackers are only a few of them. However and i am sorry if this sounds harsh you seem to just not be the best at the game and try to find exuses for it.
     1 people found this helpful

Major2's Avatar Senior Member
    The game is still the best out there it's just the meta has gotten stale. Speed ops vs defenders with ACOG's has gone on longer than the shotgun era. Time for a change.

Someone on here said Siege and COD are the same player base. That in itself, if true, would be part of the issue these days. I play Siege because I hate COD and it's game play. Changing the game to suit those players would hurt Siege and its loyal fan base who does not want to run and gun 24/7.

Originally Posted by Major2 Go to original post
    The game is still the best out there it's just the meta has gotten stale. Speed ops vs defenders with ACOG's has gone on longer than the shotgun era. Time for a change.

Someone on here said Siege and COD are the same player base. That in itself, if true, would be part of the issue these days. I play Siege because I hate COD and it's game play. Changing the game to suit those players would hurt Siege and its loyal fan base who does not want to run and gun 24/7.
    Yeah the meta has become quite stale since the release of nomad and kaid. Thats mostly due to ubisofts trend to release new ops underpowered since the Lion fiasko. Also the balancing changes that are done are really small steps and dont shake the game up. Adding to that is that the changes are mostly nerfs which of course lower the impact of the operators or weapons rather then increasing it.

Ubisoft should be a bit more generous with buffs for the underperforming operators in my eyes and try some rather big changes on the tts. Maybe for example increase the damage a smoke canister does by 5 per tick or so and look at smokes performance then. Maybe also try out nokk with a more effective smg like the mp7 or so. I hope the devs use the tts for some experiments in the future rather then having it only for a last technical check of an already finished patch.
    I dont think this is ever gonna happen but they could also make some form of sandbox version of siege where players can basically adapt all the stats, loadouts etc.. I would actually love to have something like that in the game and mess arround qith friends but i can understand why ubi might not wanna do this and rather focus on problems with the game and seasonal content.

N3mB0t's Avatar Senior Member
    i didnt played a single game this season , i prefer to be playing Dragon age , a 2014 RPG than this right now, i guess im mourning the death of the Siege i once knew and fell in love with , one day i´ll get the courage to jump on again and try to like this "new" Siege , but we going to be friends at best , not lovers like before.

damn this was poetic , love hurts.

nrod3041's Avatar Senior Member
    This thread is a little chicken littleish....

Raven_Strike7's Avatar Banned
    Originally Posted by FindFixFinish Go to original post
    Players don't just play one game though. COD players are also Siege players so it doesn't make sense to say that one game has a better community than another. It's basically all the same people.

I agree with you about kids playing games all day. I think that's a major problem. I've been in games today where there are very young players who shouldn't be playing Siege.

There are kids playing through the night as well. It's not good for them and it's a pain in the neck for mature players. What kind of parent lets their kids stay up all night playing Siege on PC?
    Ironically, kids only make up a small percentage of the market share in gaming, yet companies still cater to them. I believe the last stat I read indicated that kids made up only 27% of the gaming community (now, whether that number included soccer moms playing Trivia Crack or not, I don't know), but still.... Kids are a problem, but it doesn't help that companies still cater to them. R6 Siege, certainly, isn't a game that anyone under 16 should be playing, but yet Ubisoft just released the "Ash fishing skin," and the new Blackbeard "Hawaiian skin...." who do you think these ridiculous skins are made for? Do you think Dokkaebi, with her knit cap and anime iPad, was made for the benefit of the "mature players?" lol - no, she was designed specifically to drawn in 14 year old boys. When I first started playing this game I never ran into anyone under the age of 16... I'm not exaggerating, that was my experience. Now? Now, I never run into anyone OVER the age of 16. Ubisoft has intentionally targeted kids as their primary customer base.

Siege was the single best idea for a shooter in the past 10 or 15 years. It was truly a remarkable experiment. But, Ubisoft screwed the pooch in so many ways I can't even begin to count.

- Broken hit detection. After four years, they still can't get the hit detection right. I was just in a match where I shot Finka in the head, saw the blood fly, only for her to spin and two shot me.
    - Broken lag compensation - After four years I'm still dying to operators that don't appear on my screen... but the kill cam shows them clearly standing in front of me. And, by the way, I'm playing on a high speed connection with a 1ms input lag monitor.
    - Broken maps - Half the maps in ranked either heavily favor attackers or they heavily favor defenders. Only a small percentage of maps are evenly balanced.
    - Broken operators - They either over buff or over nerf certain operators while completely ignoring how "OP" other operators are. One of the dev's once said they won't fix Ash because "she's fun to play." Goes to show out of touch that particular dev is. But, when you introduce the "pick/ban" system and you find that 9 times out of 10 the operators that are getting banned are: Jackal, Blitz, Echo, (insert Cav/Clash here)… you've got a problem with those operators. Blitz should be removed from the game. He's the antithesis to what a "tactical shooter" is. But, they won't fix him or remove him.... He's probably too "fun to too play."

I give Ubisoft a lot of s**t, but it's because they are my favorite AAA developer. I loved how they incorporated female operators in Siege (as well as operators from other countries) to create a game that includes everyone, and they didn't jump on some self-righteous soap box (i.e. EA/Dice) about it. But, that doesn't excuse the cluster f**k that Siege is and or has turned into.

So i share some of ur frustrations with the game but many seem to be unreasonable

A. Shield operators have a perspective issue rn where they think more of their body is covered then it actually is but since it doesnt give them an andvantage or make it impossible to play as them so they should remain in the game for now.
    B. Hitreg in this game is ****ed up and everyone knows it ... its not only arabs and africans ruining eu servers its also an inherent game problem that sometimes bullets dont connect. That doesnt have anything to do with animations tho because operators dont hold their arms infront of their face.
    C. There is a diffrent thread on shotguns where i explained how shotguns are in a not so veratile spot you can play them well if you have pacience and good movement.
    D. There is a reason the ranking system is the way it is. Imagine the impact if kills were a factor in ur ranked elo: noone would ever play support anymore and ranked would just be a brawling field. The game would be a complete mess.
    E. Why is people playing to the best of their ability in casual an issue?
    F. Spawnpeeking... ah **** here we go again dont rush ur drones in the objective and waist them. Place them on the side of the map you are spawning at and call out spawnpeekers then its an easy prefire. After all they do the exact same as people who runout do: taking a risk to give their team the edge.
    The game has severe issues : broken sound, high pingers and hackers are only a few of them. However and i am sorry if this sounds harsh you seem to just not be the best at the game and try to find exuses for it.

So to answer your answers;

A: The shields are an issue which relates to the animations i was talking about with hits not connecting. Shields moving out of the way (Think clash or monty being hit/stunned) and bullets not connecting. Knives not killing a crouched Blitz. The other issues like the Glitches are another problem entirely and it's not just this season. Shields have been an issue and a balancing nightmare from Day 1, but people just abuse it and ignore the fact that they aren't even remotely balanced. Generally the same people that defend the shield operators are the ones calling for Blackbeard nerfs, which is so backwards it hurts.
    Also the Perspective issue isn't limited to just Shield operators. Camera misalignment is kind of a big problem that flies under the radar in this game, most people just call it "Peekers Edge". This shouldn't exist. The camera should be smack bang in the middle of your forehead for the most accurate "Peekers Edge". However, operator animations in 1ST Person don't line up properly with the 3RD Person Animations and that's what causes a lot of "I couldn't even see him" moments.

B: Agree with all of what you said, but operators do hold their hands up in front of their faces on multiple occasions. Aiming down sights causes some weird movements and being flashed causes ops to hold their hand off their gun infront of their faces. Breaching rooms on a flashbang and expecting a headshot but being sprayed down because it doesn't connect due to a hand is the most frustrating thing.

C: I actually use shotguns a lot and i would say i'm quite competent with them, half of my hours on Valkyrie are with her shotgun before the Deagle got its few buffs. Currently have 116h;33m on Valkyrie. I only use her MPX on long hallway maps.

D: Actually this is the exact argument i get every time i bring this up. I play support for my team constantly. I'm a Valk/Buck main. People who can't get kills as a support aren't playing well enough IMHO. If the rest of your team is getting all of the kills while you sit back on site as Support, then clearly something is wrong in the matchmaking because you will be winning every single game. The whole point of support is to be the fail-safe incase your team dies outside of site. The other thing to take into account, is that a good number of Attacking supports have strong weapons and can frag quite well. Think Buck, Twitch, IQ, Hibana... So on. Playing support doesn't mean you're not going to get kills. As a support main, my K/D is at 1.4 on my main account, and over 2.0 on my second account. My statement still stands, because the rest of your team is carrying you and they deserve to gain more MMR than you if you aren't actually contributing.

E: Because the title is literally Casual? The definition of Casual for you - relaxed and unconcerned. Not Sweat Mode, Casual. Ranked is there for a reason. If people can't sit back and relax and have to sweat in every single mode, why do we even have 2 Lobbies? It should only be Ranked. People don't jump into Casual to be put up against Sweaty Golds that got destroyed in one Ranked game so they went into Casual to make themselves feel better.

F: I don't waste my drones, i even call out to my team to save drones if we find everyone or site straight away. The problem is the maps are designed so poorly. Sightlines that look directly at spawns is not a good idea in any FPS game. It makes no sense what so ever. Do you remember when people first started peeking Kitchen window into spawns on Chalet? That was hell for anyone who had no idea where it was coming from. The risk for reward is much less risk and much more reward with Spawn peeks, especially with the client side window barricades at the moment. Sometimes the barricade isn't even broken for the attackers.

I got PLACED at Gold 1 the first season i started playing Ranked, i don't even bother with the game much anymore because it's a crap shoot. You can say i'm not good, but i carried my teams to High Gold before getting dragged back down again. After that i stopped playing Ranked because i couldn't be bothered any more. Why would i call for an MMR buff to based more around Solo players contributions if i was as bad as you think? Seems a bit backwards doesn't it?

The hackers are probably the biggest issue you stated. The sound is bugged but i wouldn't say it makes the game much harder, you just need to pay a bit more attention as to what's opened up around you, use drones as you stated, communication and teamwork make the dream work. We don't really have an issue with High Ping players on Australian servers, so i can't comment on that, however i did notice playing at High Ping on US servers was a bit interesting. If i played overly aggressive and pre-fired everything, i was basically un-killable.

Originally Posted by Luckydevil_010 Go to original post
    Not on console we dont exactly have a large library of tactical shooters. Although i have high hopes for insurgency sandstorm. I dunno what it is i mained snd in cod and snr in cod ghosts(man i wish theyd bring it back) so they idea of a game that revolves around that mode appeal to me. I like having to come up with strats on the fly.

The problem for me isnt necessarily the game its the devs.
    I understand that you want a game that is similar and hopefully better than siege as so do I. Siege definitely needs competition and once it does I'm sure the game will go down the drain. However I wasn't exactly talking about playing other games that are similar.

For me personally, playing a game like Siege is naturally stressful due to it's competitive nature. You gotta expect it to be stressful sometimes. That's why for me I try to balance out that stress by playing games on the other side of the spectrum that aren't stressful at all when I get too stressed. These games can be completely different as long as they get rid of my stress better than Siege does as most of the time I game and likely 99% of people who game play video games for stress relief and sometimes that gets forgotten with some people. I enjoy the competitive aspects of Siege and I deal with the stress without playing other games sometimes but once that stress gets to a certain level then you gotta help yourself and do something else to relieve that stress. I've found myself going back to minecraft of all games (hate me all you want but that game is actually making a comeback this year and has changed A LOT since I last played it years ago). Play some single player games as generally speaking they are less stressful as you don't have to deal with toxic players. You have no idea how relaxing it is for me to be playing minecraft again and playing games like CTR Nitro Fueled has been great. Of all the video games out there, Siege is on the end of the stress spectrum as it adds to the stress the most out of any video game I've ever played.

TLDR: Basically what I'm trying to say is try and play super relaxing games to counteract the stress that Siege gives you. It works for me and it's a good way of reducing your stress. The game doesn't have to be similar to Siege in any way, as long as it is relaxing and stress free. Remember the purpose of most games is to relieve that stress - not add to it. I completely understand and agree with the people who want a game that is similar to and can rival siege and do better than it in every way.

Originally Posted by Roque_AssassinX Go to original post
    E: Because the title is literally Casual? The definition of Casual for you - relaxed and unconcerned. Not Sweat Mode, Casual. Ranked is there for a reason. If people can't sit back and relax and have to sweat in every single mode, why do we even have 2 Lobbies? It should only be Ranked. People don't jump into Casual to be put up against Sweaty Golds that got destroyed in one Ranked game so they went into Casual to make themselves feel better.
    Define "sweat". Because since when did "relaxed and unconcerned" mean "don't try"? If being sweaty means trying to the best of your abilities then I'm happy to be sweaty because I don't have fun if I'm stooping to someone else's level in order for them to have fun. Why would I sacrifice my fun (the whole point of playing video games is to have fun) for someone else? If anything, redirect your anger towards Ubi and their matchmaking formula for casual but don't blame the players for playing to the level they are at in casual. There's nothing about casual that says "don't try" the only thing about casual is that there is nothing on the line. I still try to win in casual but when I do lose I carry on with my life instead of letting it bother me unlike so many people. If these so-called "sweaty golds" are ruining your casual experience by being too good then go to ranked as that is the whole point of ranked - to play evenly matched games. I will never understand people that cry when casual matchmaking is unfair but don't help themselves by going into the other mode called "ranked" which is designed for a more competitive and evenly matched game.
     2 people found this helpful

Define "sweat". Because since when did "relaxed and unconcerned" mean "don't try"? If being sweaty means trying to the best of your abilities then I'm happy to be sweaty because I don't have fun if I'm stooping to someone else's level in order for them to have fun. Why would I sacrifice my fun (the whole point of playing video games is to have fun) for someone else? If anything, redirect your anger towards Ubi and their matchmaking formula for casual but don't blame the players for playing to the level they are at in casual. There's nothing about casual that says "don't try" the only thing about casual is that there is nothing on the line. I still try to win in casual but when I do lose I carry on with my life instead of letting it bother me unlike so many people. If these so-called "sweaty golds" are ruining your casual experience by being too good then go to ranked as that is the whole point of ranked - to play evenly matched games. I will never understand people that cry when casual matchmaking is unfair but don't help themselves by going into the other mode called "ranked" which is designed for a more competitive and evenly matched game.
    If you actually read my first post. You'd see i said they need to fix something around Casual... Not fix the sweats. I also mentioned fixing Spawn peaks which is another major factor that ruins any fun for casual games.

To define sweat for you. It's try-harding in a game-mode that is designed to be relaxing, a mode where people can go in and chill out and just do stupid **** if they want too. Not be forced to play against people (I assume like you) that want to try-hard their way through casual because they're not winning in Ranked. Trying to run Ranked strategies to out-play people who are just their to have a good time.
    If you're honestly that pent up in every game you go into, maybe you need a release elsewhere... Custom games is for practising your Ranked strategies, Scrims exist. Hell, with the amount of matching services out their for games these days, your entire argument is invalid. (I.E. Gilded, 10Man, Literally any R6 Siege discord, and their are plenty of them)