Uhnomuhlee's Avatar Banned

You Can Literally FEEL the Difference in Skills

It's SO much different. I was pretty amazed.

First build I played was my favorite fire starter / pulse build. I use an AR and a sniper with calculated being the shining star. Right off the bat the constant uptime of pulse just seemed insane. I've always relied on kills to get the cooldown erased, but now, I'm thinking of just removing calculated lol. It's pretty much a damage buff that's always active and always telling me where everyone is. I wasn't happy about the range nerf, but it's such a good trade off I ain't even mad about it. Having the CD kick in how it does now was SUCH a great idea. I think I might actually mod duration on it now.

I could have sworn I only had 8 shots in my firestarter, but well, I have 10. But what I really noticed was how strong the blast is now. I mean, DAYUM. Have an annoying named sitting over there not budging? Shoot a couple to the left, shoot a couple to the right, the AI kinda says, "effit I'm staying put" and just watch the world burn man. So, so satisfying. Since I'm running pulse, I can see spawns coming down a choke point. I light it up with so much purple smoke you'd swear you were at a Deep Purple concert. Then, I scope in and grin like a cat that just ate the canary and wait, until BOOM....bye bye adds. Next please xD

Then I started screwing around with my shield tank, and just, wow. I never ran the "pistol only" shield (can't think of the name I liked using a shotty and smg) but hole.lee.shart am I going to now lol. It's not the shield alone that makes it so good, it's what the chem launcher does to it. Not only that, but now that the shields have a manageable cooldown you don't have to completely rely on holster regen and/or base health. I might mess with some of the damage mods I have. I can't tell you how many times I wanted to scrap those for filaments, but man am I glad I didn't.

I haven't even touched my healer yet and I'm already excited for it.

Anyone who has been patient, meticulously holding their gears, and walking the unbeaten path in DC just got a HUGE freggin reward for their efforts. If you have not made a skill build yet, you should.

This is all beside the fact, that I have dismantled and hoarded all the mats. You name it, I have it and lots of it. I cannot wait to start crafting. Gonna lose a lot of sleep this week.
     7 people found this helpful

Im really pleased too, it's really satisfying to finally see your skills being viable and damn effective. The cluster seeker firestarter combo is just... man you can't wait for the next spawn to anihilate everything in one go xD just looking forward to get the new exotic gloves and put the cherry on the cake.

I know its top atm - my standerd set of machine-gun turret and healer drone have become realy good - the extra damage/healing/cooldown are very noticable

from roughly 100+ sec's cool-down on my turret down to about 20-30 sec's totaly changes my game-play for the better

well happy with the changes

Originally Posted by clay-uk Go to original post
    Im really pleased too, it's really satisfying to finally see your skills being viable and damn effective. The cluster seeker firestarter combo is just... man you can't wait for the next spawn to anihilate everything in one go xD just looking forward to get the new exotic gloves and put the cherry on the cake.
    Oh the gloves! I forgot about those lol.

I haven't even really done much but some cps and stuff as I walk around DC asking myself, "For the love of God, what in the name of all that is holy have I been @#$%ing creating these past few months??!"

I don't feel like I'm at an indoor shooting range anymore going skill pew skill pew pew. I feel like I'm at my hillbilly cousin's house on the fourth of July making pipe bombs because, why not? He lives across the street from the fire department and 9 fingers wouldn't be so bad would it? Lol.

Originally Posted by unjulation Go to original post
    I know its top atm - my standerd set of machine-gun turret and healer drone have become realy good - the extra damage/healing/cooldown are very noticable

from roughly 100+ sec's cool-down on my turret down to about 20-30 sec's totaly changes my game-play for the better

well happy with the changes
    What a gigantic reduction in CD man. I am SO glad they gave skills some attention that wasn't just dps.

Glad you're enjoying it
     1 people found this helpful

Enjoying it. Ive always had a pistol build that kicked *** but now i got a shield with over 1million hp too? Love it
     1 people found this helpful

Originally Posted by Cyfer36 Go to original post
    Enjoying it. Ive always had a pistol build that kicked *** but now i got a shield with over 1million hp too? Love it
    O..m...g..... 0.o

I had a quick look yesterday before haiving to do other things and some how I have aquired a shed ton of skill haste from no where.

My Chem healer has 8.1 second cool down, 25% extra healing.
    Clusters are on a 10 second cool down.
    My Assalt turret is at 34.1 seconds cool down. I have enough skill power to have major damage and duration added which is a bonus. (Old Cooldown was 59 seconds)

The clusters work well but they don't seem to do a lot of damage, maybe I need a few more explosive damage pieces.

Hopefully later I'll be able to try out some other skills, but I am squishy as hell because I only have just about 182k Armor, but that's more armor than what I completed level 1-30 with.. so its a start.
    Looking forward to trying out the shield and some skills that I left unlocked due to them being useless before TU5.

Throwing a Incendiary grenade followed very quickly by a cluster seeker is fun. FIRE!!!!!

13K damage with my turret on 27 sec timer..... add a drone with 7K damage lasts 5 minutes, timer also on 25 seconds.... Not to mention my cluster seeker mines that does insane damage, also low time... i run with 3/1/18 Onging Directive.... *big grin*......

Originally Posted by Uhnomuhlee Go to original post
    Oh the gloves! I forgot about those lol.

I haven't even really done much but some cps and stuff as I walk around DC asking myself, "For the love of God, what in the name of all that is holy have I been @#$%ing creating these past few months??!"

I don't feel like I'm at an indoor shooting range anymore going skill pew skill pew pew. I feel like I'm at my hillbilly cousin's house on the fourth of July making pipe bombs because, why not? He lives across the street from the fire department and 9 fingers wouldn't be so bad would it? Lol.
    do you also use the Exotic Holster with your shield build??

Page 1 of 11 123 ... Last ►►