elkyri's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by RichardOshea Go to original post
    Can you remember the specifics of your build prior to TU5 as I just don't know how people are ending up with lower cooldowns than before the change.
    I wish I could remember the "before," Mr Oshea, but cannae. I do have to agree with the OP --> big difference now. The cooldown on seekers with my non-skill build is significantly less than it was. I can lob two or three in a single engagement instead of the single event prior to the update and they are certainly doing more damage.

I think the difference is that I had little to nothing invested in cooldowns, probably unlike your case. It's that investment that took a hit with the update:

Originally Posted by PatchNotes
    Cooldown Reduction has been replaced with skill haste. Skill haste works equivalent to speed. So 100% skill haste reduces cooldown by 50%, like a car speeding up by 100% getting to it's destination in half the time. This means that the player can invest in more than 100% Haste and still get something back. It also means there's a diminishing return to Skill Haste, as opposed to cooldown reduction where each point was actually worth more than the last one.

cn555ic's Avatar Senior Member
    There are several things that just don't add up right now and I can't narrow down a cause for any of them. Are you using any sh mods in the skills as I don't have any on Seekers and the skill mod sh mods are fairly hefty and could produce significant improvements beyond any SH on gear -- skill mod sh isn't summed in the character sheet.

Seekers donít have any skill haste mods nor my turret. All the skill haste are from gear set and talents or attributes.

Originally Posted by YodaMan 3D Go to original post
    My experience is what can't see you, just shoots you through wall or sends a drone in and kills you that way. Last night I watched 3 Gun Builds run through without taking any serious damage. They was killing everything with just a few shots. So to me that is pretty much no drawbacks and if they did get hurt, it was a quick heal that required no skill to do. Still trying to get my Gun Build to that level, just not there yet. I still have to dive in cover once in a while.
    I have a eagle bearer gun build which is pretty OP and your right about face tanking. Itís pretty obnoxious gameplay because I am always ahead of the pack and killing so fast that the other players donít get the kills. Each kill grants me about 17% armor back and itís pretty much sustained my damage mitigation along with the chem heals and the revival hive, itís basically shoot your way to finish line. TTK is so little itís not hard at any level of difficulty. The explosive skill build is much more fun than my DPS build! I am glad skills are somewhat more powerful. I donít play PVP so I donít care how it works in that area of play. PVP is too toxic for me

Originally Posted by cn555ic Go to original post
    Seekers don’t have any skill haste mods nor my turret. All the skill haste are from gear set and talents or attributes.
    Agh... crap. Well that pretty much confirms it then. My build has more SH than yours but we have the same cooldown on Seekers and neither of us are using Skill Mods to lower CD. Nearly all of my status effect builds took a nerf on duration too atmo. Unhappy bunny

Agh... crap. Well that pretty much confirms it then. My build has more SH than yours but we have the same cooldown on Seekers and neither of us are using Skill Mods to lower CD. Nearly all of my status effect builds took a nerf on duration too atmo. Unhappy bunny
    The only thing I can think of is there is a skill haste cap of some sort or there is a bug in coding.

And now, some of you people see what happens to balance when everything just get buffs to the level of the previous overpowered mechanic. But if you finally understood this situation, is another question. I doubt it though, reading some of the comments here.

Uhnomuhlee's Avatar Banned
    Originally Posted by Styxs_NL Go to original post
    do you also use the Exotic Holster with your shield build??
    I do not. I haven't put as much time into it as my other builds because my buddy has his kitted out. Haven't even finished the quest actually.

As far as skills being = or =/= to gun builds and the OPness thereof, I'm fine with it. It will be much easier to buff adds and content to bring things inline now. Not a big fan of nerfs outside of when something is just broken completely.

I'm also looking forward to the community's findings regarding anomalies and inconsistencies with skill haste. Shouldn't be too long before little nuances get ironed out. Some people here are quite the gumshoes.

Originally Posted by Medicles Go to original post
    And now, some of you people see what happens to balance when everything just get buffs to the level of the previous overpowered mechanic. But if you finally understood this situation, is another question. I doubt it though, reading some of the comments here.
    Gun builds were not calling for their own builds to be nerfed though. So if there were some among them that felt that they were overpowered and that there would be negative consequences from buffing skills to a similar power level they were noticeably silent on the matter.

YodaMan 3D's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by Medicles Go to original post
    If everything got buffed I would agree, but seeing they buffed skills to just make them competitive with Gun Builds. I am waiting to see which gets nerfed 1st. Meanwhile the next big thing hits, will our builds compete with that.

Originally Posted by cn555ic Go to original post
    The only thing I can think of is there is a skill haste cap of some sort or there is a bug in coding.
    There's no coded cap but there is a theorhetical cap of around 3 seconds on Seekers but that would require a meaningful sacrifice on skill damage to achieve. It's probably buggy. Calculated is bugged too. Thanks for the information.