Originally Posted by RichardOshea Go to original post
    I've run Heroics where one gun build had 151 kills and I was the next highest with 58 kills and the two other players had under 30. Good for the Goose...
    And in that example you have a top meta dps gun build compared against non top dps builds. That is what happens.
    I get that my self at times when MM with randoms who are not well geard yet. On the other hand in the clan as all players are roughly at the same level klills/damage numbers are also roughly equal.

Now with these new AOE skills you can have a top SP build vs 3 top dps builds in a mission and the SP build vill kill 70% of all enemies and the gun builds can't do anything about it. You can't shoot what is not there as the SP build just blows it all up as it spawns.

cn555ic's Avatar Senior Member
    Played heroic missions with my explosive build and what a difference. Seekers have 14 second cooldown and turret 12 seconds. Seekers hit for 335k to 550k and with 10 seekers it’s total damage! My turret has 59.4 duration and I can leave it on the entire encounter unless it’s emp by the dogs after you kill them. Turret only hits for 9k but continuously. Played 3 heroics last night with randoms and all 3 missions my explosive build was the top damage and kills at the end along with reviving! Lol. Skills for PVE is definitely viable and we can no longer say DPS is king for PVE.
     1 people found this helpful

Originally Posted by YodaMan 3D Go to original post
    Then you didn't share my experiences, where the 3 gun builds was melting the NPCs faster then I could launch seekers. Then to add in my skills was acting buggy. Yet my gun still takes a clip or 3 to take out the HE.

Even though I know the "Nerfing" is on it's way. I have a hard time believing that to you it's ok that Gun Builds can melt everything with no drawbacks, but if a SB kills things that in just OP and and needs fixed immediately. I will agree that there needs to be balance, one style shouldn't have to be destroyed just because it ain't your playstyle.
    Gun builds can't melt everything without drawbacks. You have to be able to aim. You have to be in the room. You have to expose your self for possible damage.

Ran heroics yesterday & today with SP with no healing or revive hive. Managed to pick up 4 tactical merits because i never lost my armor going through a heroic mission while sitting at only 200k armor and 27k health. Did not die once. Why? What can't see you can't hit you.
    Simply hide in the next room and toss your seekers or what not in to fray. There is much higher risk for a gun build than a SP build

Besides if your stacking explosive damage you can still get a very strong merciless to go witch your skills that you can protect your self with incase you make the mistake and expose your self to the enemies. Mine hits for 230k /bullet in my SP setup

moesuvious's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by RichardOshea Go to original post
    Hi,

Can you remember the specifics of your build prior to TU5 as I just don't know how people are ending up with lower cooldowns than before the change. 1 point of CD is not equal to1 point of SH and it is a diminishing return after 100% SH . I ask because my 10s Seeker build is now a 14 second Seeker build with 190% SH. 100% SH should give a 20s cooldown according to the scale so that 90% more SH is only netting me another 6 seconds of cooldown.
    hmmm, well i know my base skill power didnt change so its at 1921. I def dont know the specifics by any means. I know i had Cooldown Reduction on everything possible which i believe is every piece except the Chest piece. I know none of my gear is the same, literally every piece comes from a different gear set so im not getting any bonuses from that. Seems like maybe my total haste was at 140% or something like that, maybe a little lower but of course that doesnt count the mods on the skills themselves. I know that doesnt help much but had someone on reddit ask me as well so ill make a short clip tonight and maybe you can decipher what you are looking for as i literally didnt change a single thing. Just fired the game up and started to blow up the world. I may have a clip here at work of the previous build so ill look for that as well, i think i had changed one piece since the video but maybe not so ill check it out and if it looks right ill post it.

Originally Posted by shnauser Go to original post
    And in that example you have a top meta dps gun build compared against non top dps builds. That is what happens.
    I get that my self at times when MM with randoms who are not well geard yet. On the other hand in the clan as all players are roughly at the same level klills/damage numbers are also roughly equal.

Now with these new AOE skills you can have a top SP build vs 3 top dps builds in a mission and the SP build vill kill 70% of all enemies and the gun builds can't do anything about it. You can't shoot what is not there as the SP build just blows it all up as it spawns.
    That example above was my best skill build prior to TU5. In Bunker on Heroic last night I came in first with the same build and was only 16 kills ahead of the next highest. My experience thus far isn't comparing well with your characterisation of skills.

Originally Posted by moesuvious Go to original post
    hmmm, well i know my base skill power didnt change so its at 1921. I def dont know the specifics by any means. I know i had Cooldown Reduction on everything possible which i believe is every piece except the Chest piece. I know none of my gear is the same, literally every piece comes from a different gear set so im not getting any bonuses from that. Seems like maybe my total haste was at 140% or something like that, maybe a little lower but of course that doesnt count the mods on the skills themselves. I know that doesnt help much but had someone on reddit ask me as well so ill make a short clip tonight and maybe you can decipher what you are looking for as i literally didnt change a single thing. Just fired the game up and started to blow up the world. I may have a clip here at work of the previous build so ill look for that as well, i think i had changed one piece since the video but maybe not so ill check it out and if it looks right ill post it.
    Thank you. I'd grately appreciate that as I have several issues at the moment and I'm concerned that my characters are bugged.

cn555ic's Avatar Senior Member
    My 10 second cooldown for seekers before last patch is now 14 seconds and my skill haste shows 175%. Your 190% skill haste still has 14 second cooldown? That’s doesn’t make sense to me as we both have the same CD.

Originally Posted by cn555ic Go to original post
    My 10 second cooldown for seekers before last patch is now 14 seconds and my skill haste shows 175%. Your 190% skill haste still has 14 second cooldown? That’s doesn’t make sense to me as we both have the same CD.
    There are several things that just don't add up right now and I can't narrow down a cause for any of them. Are you using any sh mods in the skills as I don't have any on Seekers and the skill mod sh mods are fairly hefty and could produce significant improvements beyond any SH on gear -- skill mod sh isn't summed in the character sheet.

moesuvious's Avatar Senior Member
    Two wrongs don't make a right.
    Besides i don't agree that gun builds could be this obnoxious/op compared to skill builds in heroic before. In lower level content maybe.

Regardless there going to have to make a change/nerf on the AOE explosive abilities at some point. Hopefully soon before spiteful votekicking of SP players starts because their ruining all the fun.
    If people start kicking skill builds because they are finally good, then those people are most likely the problem. Yall suck, get out!! Yall are too good, get out!! you dont see an issue with that? Thank you for reminding me why i dont play with people though and would rather have a stick jammed up my peehole than to match-make in this game.
     1 people found this helpful

YodaMan 3D's Avatar Senior Member
    Gun builds can't melt everything without drawbacks. You have to be able to aim. You have to be in the room. You have to expose your self for possible damage.

Ran heroics yesterday & today with SP with no healing or revive hive. Managed to pick up 4 tactical merits because i never lost my armor going through a heroic mission while sitting at only 200k armor and 27k health. Did not die once. Why? What can't see you can't hit you.
    Simply hide in the next room and toss your seekers or what not in to fray. There is much higher risk for a gun build than a SP build

Besides if your stacking explosive damage you can still get a very strong merciless to go witch your skills that you can protect your self with incase you make the mistake and expose your self to the enemies. Mine hits for 230k /bullet in my SP setup
    My experience is what can't see you, just shoots you through wall or sends a drone in and kills you that way. Last night I watched 3 Gun Builds run through without taking any serious damage. They was killing everything with just a few shots. So to me that is pretty much no drawbacks and if they did get hurt, it was a quick heal that required no skill to do. Still trying to get my Gun Build to that level, just not there yet. I still have to dive in cover once in a while.