YodaMan 3D's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by desolate-master Go to original post
    i'm not enjoying it as much as i thought, it is great the cd's have been reduced but when you party with a hardwired cluster **** player you really don't get a look in. my friend runs a hardwired 10+ cluster seeker build with turret and as soon as any fight starts it is 10+bombs (500,000+ damage each) turret 1 kill then 10+ more bombs and no one else gets a shot in. in the last run we did at air and space the cluster ****er got over 190 kills with over 45 million damage and the other players got less than 50 between us now if anyone thinks this is balanced they need their head looking at.
    Interesting, the mission I ran late last night. My SB vs 3 die hard DPS builds. Soon as NPCs hit the floor, they killed most before I could drop seekers. Then again we was playing Heroic. So maybe that was the difference.

Of course not, but you cant have one build that kills ALL enemies either. When a mortar + seeker build kills all enemies in a heroic mission so that there is nothing for the gun builds to shoot at there is a problem. Thats my point.

Damage skill builds should not scale like that for group content. They didn't in D1 nor should they here in D2.
    Do what you want solo but you cant just run around and bombadier drone for 1,3M and follow up with seekers that reset the cooldown while generating ammo for your granade launcher that does 1,6M. Numbers like that kill 4 man heroic and there is nothing for the 3 other players to engage with

moesuvious's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by shnauser Go to original post
    Of course not, but you cant have one build that kills ALL enemies either. When a mortar + seeker build kills all enemies in a heroic mission so that there is nothing for the gun builds to shoot at there is a problem. Thats my point.

Damage skill builds should not scale like that for group content. They didn't in D1 nor should they here in D2.
    Do what you want solo but you cant just run around and bombadier drone for 1,3M and follow up with seekers that reset the cooldown while generating ammo for your granade launcher that does 1,6M. Numbers like that kill 4 man heroic and there is nothing for the 3 other players to engage with
    Those DPS players didnt have any issue blowing past the skill guys in the back of the room and killing everything before we got set up so if they have to stand around and watch us for a bit i think thats ok!! The Npcs will get a buff at some point but for now let us blow up the world in peace.
     2 people found this helpful

Gun builds can not kill multiple enemies at one time.
    AOE explosive builds can.

The way the game is setup is with wave spawns. AOE killing all wave spawns is not ok. Surely you understand that.

moesuvious's Avatar Senior Member

The way the game is setup is with wave spawns. AOE killing all wave spawns is not ok. Surely you understand that.
    i get it, and am not arguing with your perspective on it in any way. Im just saying seeing as how we were totally underpowered since launch that if we get to be the kingpins for the next month it wouldnt be such a bad thing.
     1 people found this helpful

Originally Posted by moesuvious Go to original post
    Well, i got home excited to blow some stuff up only to figure out, and i dont know how it evaded my mind all day but i dont have the Year 1 pass. But i did go blow up some other stuff but wont get into the new fun until next week.

That being said, my build held up well through the patch without having to adjust anything.

Clusters went from 10 sec and 294k to 9.6 and 555K
    Turret went from 25 sec and 9k to 20 sec and 22k.
    Hi,

Can you remember the specifics of your build prior to TU5 as I just don't know how people are ending up with lower cooldowns than before the change. 1 point of CD is not equal to1 point of SH and it is a diminishing return after 100% SH . I ask because my 10s Seeker build is now a 14 second Seeker build with 190% SH. 100% SH should give a 20s cooldown according to the scale so that 90% more SH is only netting me another 6 seconds of cooldown.

We were doing that before TU5 anyway. A good Seeker build would wipe all Reds, Purples and damage Elites and Named. The changes just mean the Elites get it too. Having run through a few missions the damage is still as inconsistent as before, by which I mean that if the enemy isn't centred on the AoE they will mitigate some damage or if they dodge at the last moment. Technically gun builds can kill multiple enemies but not with their guns; they could always throw grendades like the rest of us.

Originally Posted by moesuvious Go to original post
    i get it, and am not arguing with your perspective on it in any way. Im just saying seeing as how we were totally underpowered since launch that if we get to be the kingpins for the next month it wouldnt be such a bad thing.
    Two wrongs don't make a right.
    Besides i don't agree that gun builds could be this obnoxious/op compared to skill builds in heroic before. In lower level content maybe.

Regardless there going to have to make a change/nerf on the AOE explosive abilities at some point. Hopefully soon before spiteful votekicking of SP players starts because their ruining all the fun.

Two wrongs don't make a right.
    Besides i don't agree that gun builds could be this obnoxious/op compared to skill builds in heroic before. In lower level content maybe.

Regardless there going to have to make a change/nerf on the AOE explosive abilities at some point. Hopefully soon before spiteful votekicking of SP players starts because their ruining all the fun.
    I've run Heroics where one gun build had 151 kills and I was the next highest with 58 kills and the two other players had under 30. Good for the Goose...

YodaMan 3D's Avatar Senior Member

Then you didn't share my experiences, where the 3 gun builds was melting the NPCs faster then I could launch seekers. Then to add in my skills was acting buggy. Yet my gun still takes a clip or 3 to take out the HE.

Even though I know the "Nerfing" is on it's way. I have a hard time believing that to you it's ok that Gun Builds can melt everything with no drawbacks, but if a SB kills things that in just OP and and needs fixed immediately. I will agree that there needs to be balance, one style shouldn't have to be destroyed just because it ain't your playstyle.
     1 people found this helpful