Uhnomuhlee's Avatar Banned
    Originally Posted by chillshock Go to original post
    I really like how variety is popping up now. Not just "M60" and "p416" (or people waiting for the drop).

And DAAAAAAMN those explosions from a skilldude... wow! Wiping out all reds and purples from a room... leaving just yellows. Awesome. Love it!

Standing there with my pistol build does feel awkward if the room/wave only had reds, though. xD
    It is a sight to behold man. A beautiful, firey, sight of mayhem blasted into order and peace...MURICA!!! <o (<-- that's me saluting).

YodaMan 3D's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by Medicles Go to original post
    Developers might not realize what is op until the community plays around with it. 100 developers cant test everything in every way in a small amount of time, whereas millions of players certainly can. New content also doesnt have to be overpowered to be desireable. I didnt want the EB because its arguably the best ar, i just wanted an exotic ar to play around with, same as some people now want a second exotic ar, since they dont want to play the raid to get EB or whatever.
    In most cases they have these things mapped out. So if they make adjustments to the released stuff and not the unreleased things. The next thing will be OP, it was never adjusted for the changes. It is left as it was.

My only complaint is that skills are TOO powerful. I was doing 4 man Heroics yesterday without breaking a sweat, at all. Everybody's skills were just obliterating everything. It felt like it was on hard mode.

cn555ic's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by MELANCHOL1A Go to original post
    My only complaint is that skills are TOO powerful. I was doing 4 man Heroics yesterday without breaking a sweat, at all. Everybody's skills were just obliterating everything. It felt like it was on hard mode.

Lol. I was running tidal basin heroic. I was the only skill used. A member asked after the first two sections if this was heroic difficulty. I told him my skills kills the yellows armor and finishes them off if you guys are not already doing so. Had one guy who has a great DPS build. Heroic was so easy

Originally Posted by MELANCHOL1A Go to original post
    I think this is hard to deny, if we're being honest. With that in mind though, I'll bring up a perspective Richard offered earlier, that being gunplay has been op since release.

Imo, the question becomes, "What style of play should yield the greatest results?" Is it the players with great guns and aim? Is it the buildcrafters who've navigated the bad UI and been able to create these monstrosities? Is it the hybrids with amazing game sense creating constant openings and cc? I answer all 3 with, "yes please".

It will even out. And by TU6, those yearning for that D1 feel will get their fix along with new players like myself.

Originally Posted by Uhnomuhlee Go to original post
    I think this is hard to deny, if we're being honest. With that in mind though, I'll bring up a perspective Richard offered earlier, that being gunplay has been op since release.

Imo, the question becomes, "What style of play should yield the greatest results?" Is it the players with great guns and aim? Is it the buildcrafters who've navigated the bad UI and been able to create these monstrosities? Is it the hybrids with amazing game sense creating constant openings and cc? I answer all 3 with, "yes please".

It will even out. And by TU6, those yearning for that D1 feel will get their fix along with new players like myself.
    The excuse that build so and so has been "op" since release is irrelevant and so is the "skill builds have been bad since release". Non of that justifies explosive AOE builds being this OP.
    No gun build has had the power to single handedly trivialize, by it self heroic content the way these AOE explosive builds can.
    The matter will only get worse as more and more people get their builds done and get the new gloves.

No build should ever have the power till kill all enemies in one shot in content that is supposed to be co op content.

Originally Posted by shnauser Go to original post
    The excuse that build so and so has been "op" since release is irrelevant and so is the "skill builds have been bad since release". Non of that justifies explosive AOE builds being this OP.
    No gun build has had the power to single handedly trivialize, by it self heroic content the way these AOE explosive builds can.
    The matter will only get worse as more and more people get their builds done and get the new gloves.

No build should ever have the power till kill all enemies in one shot in content that is supposed to be co op content.
    Place 5 enemies in an area. From standing out of cover to enemies downed for a gun build relative to a skill build is almost the exact same.

Skills have time to deploy and reach their target, and guns need to be aimed. You're talking about a time frame of 5-7 seconds with a variance of 1 to 2 seconds. That's hardly an imbalance to consider at the current moment.

So, if the issue is ttk, it is a non-issue.