Ubi-Watermelon's Avatar Community Representative

Dev Blog: Exploits Post-Mortem.

Hey everyone,

Our latest Dev Blog takes a look back at the recent exploits and their impact on the community. We discuss the Global Ordering fix we implemented for the recent exploits, as well as our improvements to better address such exploits in the future with the Operator and loadout kill-switches on the live servers.

We also shed some light behind the scenes on the efforts the team took at each step as we worked to resolve the exploits.

You can read the full article here
     2 people found this helpful

WBBCoop's Avatar Senior Member
    Very good explanation of root cause and effective deterrence for the future!

I think this is what the majority of the forums has been asking for - both a reason and a solution..

1 people found this helpful

Good information to have. Thanks for a peek into the process. Hopefully the global ordering solution resolves the problem at the core level rather than on a surface level.

feffreyfeffrey's Avatar Banned
    Why don't you add a ammo crate in the obj that only defenders can use and this is where they'll get 2nd gadget and this will bring full potential to all operators if they could chose their 2nd gadget

But limit the number of items in it

This is great news. Well done, Ubi.

Hopefully this shuts up a lot of impatient people who thought that the fix would be a simple overnight fix. These things will always take time and we appreciate the effort you guys put into it

Great no news on DDossing so I guess they'll have free reign all season long not fix ever coming

Originally Posted by feffreyfeffrey Go to original post
    Great no news on DDossing so I guess they'll have free reign all season long not fix ever coming
    Ubi has already stated that the Azure servers are being looked into by both parties.

I suggest you regurgitate yourself on the official MS forums - https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/support/community/

This thread is completely understandable in its own right..so..congratulate them on things getting done at least.

Originally Posted by WBBCoop Go to original post
    Ubi has already stated that the Azure servers are being looked into by both parties.

I suggest you regurgitate yourself on the official MS forums - https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/support/community/

This thread is completely understandable in its own right..so..congratulate them on things getting done at least.
    There is nothing MS can do though but up their security which they've probably did already. Now they can only do so much without having a big impact on siege.

I'll give you an example should MS decide who can play siege or should that decision be Ubisoft?
    MS can fix the ping issues 100 garanteed by simply denying any connection that isn't stable or have too high of latency from connecting to the server

What role do you believe MS should do and how much should they do?

Originally Posted by feffreyfeffrey Go to original post
    What role do you believe MS should do and how much should they do?
    Legally speaking, Ubi 'rents' their servers. So, there really isn't anything Ubi can do about it because it's not their servers.

What MS should do, and legally able to do, is up to them. I think they have merit to take legal action against the users that are doing something illegal against their servers. But, it's up to them do decide on how to handle the legal side of things. I'm no special corporate legal beagle, and I'm sure they have to reside in themselves to be paying particular attention to costs, but rest assured that I believe that eventually things will happen accordingly.

Remember, there is a statute of limitations against any law. Just because it doesn't happen tomorrow, doesn't mean it won't happen eventually..as long as you fall into a time period means your legally (or illegally) bound to that law. I don't know, but I do pity the suckers that broke the law and will eventually be accountable. It's a big boy world out there.