CaptainWeelie's Avatar Community Manager

Giant Leaps!

Howdy y’all!

Get ready for some lunar action with Professor Looney, it’s time for some Giant Leaps!

Meet Professor Looney!
    Professor Looney has established communication with A.N.B.A. in a long abandoned lunar colony. You need to remotely control A.N.B.A. by riding the Moon Rover and transport Helium-3 Ore to the power facility!

The Moon Rover!
    Ride the Moon Rover and deliver Helium-3 Ores to Professor Looney. Equipped with rocket powered thrusters, this bike will help you defy gravity!

Please Note: the Moon-Rover is available exclusively in the event!

What is Giant Leaps?
    Get ready to join us for a cosmic ride and win lots of exclusive new Tracks! Ride the Moon Rover and transport Helium-3 Ore on each track to win Exclusive Rewards!

To help you deliver as many units of the Helium-3 Ore as possible, you can use the Rocket Thrusters to propel the bike (into space!) and cushion your hard landings! The Thrusters deliver a push for a short duration and need to recharge before they can be used again. Deliver maximum units of Helium-3 Ore to win exclusive rewards in the event! Rank high on the Leaderboard to earn BONUS Rewards!

The Helium Ore Meter
    Introducing the Helium Ore Meter starts with a total of 100 units at the start of every Track in the ‘Giant Leaps’ event!

Whenever you hit a bumpy road or land too hard, you lose points on the Helium Ore Meter. However, you can use Thrusters to stabilize your landings! You must ride as cautiously as possible to be able to save your points on the Helium Ore Meter!

All the Helium-3 Ore you save will be added to your scoreboard as ‘Ore Delivered’!

Save as much ‘Helium-3 Ore’ as you can on the Helium Ore Meter, and Professor Looney will graciously reward you for your efforts!

Event Details:
    - Giant Leaps will be playable as soon as you hit level 6, so level up fast!
    - Ride the Moon Rover and transport maximum Helium-3 Ore to the power facility!
    - The event will exclusively be playable with the Moon Rover bike and with A.N.B.A. by default
    - You can also earn a limited amount of Helium-3 Ore on the Spin Wheel, based on your medal time!

- Players can also purchase and ride in the event wearing the entire ‘Space Suit’!

Boosters
    You can also use boosters to maximize your Helium-3 Ore delivery!
    There are 3 boosters in the event -
    • Payload Boost - Enables you to carry extra 20 units of Helium-3 Ore for 24 hours on all Tracks.
    • Timer Boost - Reduce the wait timer by half for 24 hours.
    • Suspension Boost - Reduce the amount of ore lost, due to heavy riding, by 50% for 24 hours.

The Rewards!
    - 6 New Tracks!
    - 2 Classic Outfits
    - 2 Classic PaintJobs

Show Professor Looney how it’s done in the extended Frontier, y’all!

[Event Starts on 18th July 2019, 09:00 AM UTC/GMT]

engage_thanos's Avatar Junior Member
    Why aren't we getting bike as reward?!

xUBILYNXrLIARSx's Avatar Member
    Originally Posted by SkullCrawlers Go to original post
    because pasilla... errrrr... "moon rover" is for hackers/cheaters only

OO00H's Avatar Member
    Ubi Greed. Carrot & Stick jobby, as per

Why not? Give us this bike as a reward or something like that, it would be cool to have a new crazy bike, c’mon what’s the problem? What is the sense to use a bike only for this event and never again?

23 000 to get if you want all rewards (1000 per day). Maps timer resets every 6 hrs, so if you want some sleep you're able to play 3 x 3 maps each day. So if you want to play this event without spending gems, you can't get all the rewards because its impossible to get more than 100 per map (and even that number is impossible, if you picked for us maps like Madhouse).

Well done Red Lynx, really well done. NOT.

Well they said that harley event was biggest event of the year. Wouldn't make sense if we could win this bike now. I suppose they are leaving it for the next year.

Thank you RL for choosing incredibly stupid tracks for this event. Tracks with steep inclines and a bike that has is so crooked that you cannot recover it if you fluff a jump. The booster itself is unpredictable. The bike lacks power, hence the track selection needed to be compatible with it.

This is a pain in the backside event. Not spending diamonds on this.

kotziasgeorge's Avatar Member
    Hi.
    Since 22 hours I get the message Ore Transported and no timer to reset. There is a fixed timer counting 24 hours backwards. I hope this is temporary and that you will prolong the season by one day to cover this.
    Thanks

Originally Posted by aghate22 Go to original post
    Thank you RL for choosing incredibly stupid tracks for this event. Tracks with steep inclines and a bike that has is so crooked that you cannot recover it if you fluff a jump. The booster itself is unpredictable. The bike lacks power, hence the track selection needed to be compatible with it.

This is a pain in the backside event. Not spending diamonds on this.
    Yeah, these tracks are hard. Tracks with steep angles, a bike that is hard to ride and a 6 hour wait time all adds up to a tough event to earn all the rewards on. I don’t think it should be easy but this one is a bit much if you ask me. I’m already tired of Ferocious Flips. I’ve gotten that track 4 or 5 times already and it’s lousy. Best I’ve crossed the finish line with is 8 pieces of ore!