Why have I never been challenged in the bunker in over 4 years?

I start showdowns no problem, but when I've stopped starting showdowns and say there is 10 days of season left I have never had a showdown started by someone against me? I've played for nearly 4 years now.

Ok I may not be the best, but that is because I'm convinced the game cheats, it crashes when I really shouldn't crash, does back flips when I'm pressing the forward button, and vice versa

Why is this, are the showdowns I've started being faced against "ghosts"of the other riders best times for that track?

xUBILYNXrLIARSx's Avatar Member

if you do not start showdowns how can you participate in one?

it needs two people "starting" (more of "searching for") a showdown for it to be possible to happen as soon as the game matches them one against the other

you thought what? that suddenly you'd be put in a showdown with no action from you in that direction?

imagine you would be sleeping or whatever...

Read my post carefully again.

I start challenges, it matches me against another rider.

Why aren't I matched against a rider when someone else starts a challenge?

That's what I meant.

As players around the world press the start button they’re placed in a pool for showdowns. Within a few seconds (sometimes longer) two players who are close to the same rank are matched together and the showdown starts. There is no way for you to start a showdown against a specific player nor can any other player start a showdown against you. If you never push the start button, you will never have a showdown.

Ok so

When I press start it doesn't send a notification to another rider that they have been challenged,

Instead they have also pressed start a showdown and we are matched against each other.

xitooner's Avatar Senior Member
    > When I press start it doesn't send a notification to another rider that they have been challenged
    > Instead they have also pressed start a showdown and we are matched against each other.

Exactly; both people requested somebody to play against and RL matches them.

Back in the day people wanted the ability to specifically "challenge" another person (like try to challenge to win Legends#1, etc) but it never happened.

Here is something thats always worked for me though, if you can get some coordination between players.... I have a friend who likes to play against me personally, and you can flood RLs matching system to make it happen. (A llooonngg time ago, back when "ping-pong" was popular, this is how we would make tons of chips together)
    - Need two people of approximately the same rank (both legends, or both within a rank or 2 of each other)
    - Both agree to start the match at a predetermined time like 15:00 UTC, or something.....
    - At exactly the agreed on time, start 3-4 matches quickly.

What you are doing is flooding the match queue, and the 1st couple of matches ya'll start will clear out the few other random people around your rank that happen to want to play. It quickly reaches a point where the only viable matches are against you and your friend, and you get matched.