1. #31
    Assassin's Creed is a fantasy itself. What historic accuracy can we talk about?!

    The question is not to develop AC as a fantasy game but to use mythology and mysticism in the game. Question itself shows that developers are not sure!

    I can say only one thing - without myths and legends, without mysticism and surrealism, Assassin's Creed will be poorer. Visually and in gameplay.

    But using mythology depends also on setting and historical epochs. Ancient Greece, for example, demands mythology. Rome - not so much.

    Even one setting in different historical eras can be with and without mythology! Just let's take Britain. Syndicate - doesn't need it. But setting in pre-christian Britain needs mythology!

    How can the game about vikings be without mythology?! Viking theme demands it! Otherwise game will never be full. Otherwise we'll never understand them! For them it was very important.



    How can game about vikings be without rich nothern mythology?! Without Nothern Gods?!

    But touching specific historical events - historical accuracy is Must Have and Must Be. If Spartacus dies - he dies. We can have some variations in his life and exaggerations, but important life-changing events must remain true. If Nero was a ....disgusting person, he must be the same. If the battle was lost - it must be lost. Historical events shouldn't be changed in attempt to please the game or story!
    Share this post

  2. #32
    Originally Posted by GameGuru2018 Go to original post
    Assassin's Creed is a fantasy itself. What historic accuracy can we talk about?!

    The question is not to develop AC as a fantasy game but to use mythology and mysticism in the game. Question itself shows that developers are not sure!

    I can say only one thing - without myths and legends, without mysticism and surrealism, Assassin's Creed will be poorer. Visually and in gameplay.

    But using mythology depends also on setting and historical epochs. Ancient Greece, for example, demands mythology. Rome - not so much.

    Even one setting in different historical eras can be with and without mythology! Just let's take Britain. Syndicate - doesn't need it. But setting in pre-christian Britain needs mythology!

    How can the game about vikings be without mythology?! Viking theme demands it! Otherwise game will never be full. Otherwise we'll never understand them! For them it was very important.



    How can game about vikings be without rich nothern mythology?! Without Nothern Gods?!

    But touching specific historical events - historical accuracy is Must Have and Must Be. If Spartacus dies - he dies. We can have some variations in his life and exaggerations, but important life-changing events must remain true. If Nero was a ....disgusting person, he must be the same. If the battle was lost - it must be lost. Historical events shouldn't be changed in attempt to please the game or story!
    Assassins Creed is an Sci Fi game with the Animus and reliving history concept. Origins and Odyssey added Fantasy in it but that's it.

    With my post I dont mean that AC should have no mythology elements in it. But not the entire story should evolve about them also things like fighting mythical creatures is over the top and doesnt fit in Assassins Creed.

    I like your last sentence and agree, AC wants to tell us History so the should never change it to much
    Share this post

  3. #33
    xc34's Avatar Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    2
    1. Assassin's creed historical accuracy is very important because I love history and Ac
    2. Assassin's creed has inspired me to learn about other parts of history. Ac Origins inspired me to learn more about Ancient Egypt
    3.No game play does not trump historical accuracy
    4. I think assassin's creed should be more towards historical accuracy. Odyssey was a ****show when it came to mythology. Curse of the Pharaoh's was bad *** but Odyssey ruined mythology.
    5.I love the discovery tours because i get to learn facts I never knew and I get to see the game world differently than just killing people.
    6. No I always want assassin's creed to be in history. If their was a present day than I would want it to go back to the older story lines that Ubisoft abandoned.
    Share this post

  4. #34
    Assassin's Creed about vikings without nothern myths and legends will be very poor. People won't understand it, in the majority.

    But proportions are also important. In order not to overdo the mythology.

    Imagine you're going through the mountains in the game and such a wolf is approaching you......With such a music playing....




    Share this post

  5. #35
    Originally Posted by GameGuru2018 Go to original post
    Assassin's Creed about vikings without nothern myths and legends will be very poor. People won't understand it, in the majority.

    But proportions are also important. In order not to overdo the mythology.

    Imagine you're going through the mountains in the game and such a wolf is approaching you......With such a music playing....





    I would think... "What the hell... did I bought an Assassins Creed or is this God of War now?"

    Sry but the north mythology theme is so overused in games. Also we had a lot fantasy games who used this the nordic theme. I really wish that the next AC if it is viking that would be more grounded and more history based as on mythology.
    Share this post

  6. #36
    If Vikings' Assassin's Creed wants to be successful it should take something from God of War!

    And the game should take something from RDR2!

    As Origins took it from The Witcher.

    There is an interpenetration and enrichment of games. Dogmatization never led to anything good.
    Share this post

  7. #37
    Originally Posted by GameGuru2018 Go to original post
    If Vikings' Assassin's Creed wants to be successful it should take something from God of War!

    And the game should take something from RDR2!

    As Origins took it from The Witcher.

    There is an interpenetration and enrichment of games. Dogmatization never led to anything good.
    Why? Black Flag is the best selling AC today and it didn't need to feature a kraken, ghost pirates or something in it. It presented an awesome story about the golden age of the pirates. AC didnt need fantasy monsters to be successful.

    Sure looking what making other games successful is not a bad thing but changing a series entirely so that it lost its identity is not good.
    Share this post

Page 4 of 4 ◄◄  First ... 234